I want to be a Christian...

I want to be a Christian, but its hard switching from Atheist to believing there is an omnipotent power that created everything and just the fact something like a god exists.

What convinced you that god was real, or what made you religious?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zJpYbXjUX68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You don't just "believe", you need faith, that means, it doesn't matter if you believe or not, it will exist anyways in your mind and existence, so you can't force it. But, if you are really interested I think reading the bible should help.

>Monitoring your salvation ITT

You have to teleologically suspend the ethical in infinite resignation, OP.

this

Good luck, OP. Just remember that if you end up deciding against embracing Christianity you will burn in Hell forever.

>wanting to be a Christcuck
You could at least embrace Deism or something less rife with paradoxes and errors.
YHWH is an autistic niggerfaggot who doesn't deserve your worship.

Imagine "learning" about Christianity in a propaganda blog

Nah, I learned about him in a Jesuit university. :^)
My professor for my class on Genesis began by stating that, and I quote, "I just want to clear this up: the bible is fiction." Of course, he also went on to say that comparing religion and science was useless because they were designed to do different things.
Daily reminder that Leviathan's only crime was existing.
HE WAS A GOOD BOY

>Nah, I learned about him in a Jesuit university. :^)
I know, I was there, I was the learning

The fact that we even exist should be enough to put you around deism. That's not to say that only a god could create existence, but that it's a very real possibility. There really is no actual argument against deism, other than that one should wait for proof before believing in something.

>I want to be a Christian, but

>What convinced you that god was real, or what made you religious?

Evidence.

youtube.com/watch?v=zJpYbXjUX68

The fact that, in all the complexities of life, free will, and entropy, humanity hasn’t destroyed itself.

It's not hard, it's impossible. You need God's help to do it.

So ask God for help. Then read, say, and believe Romans 10:9-10.

Become a gnostic instead

He's already decided that he does not want to go to hell.

Get some Thomist classical theism in your noggin. Might help to read Platonian and Aristotlian metaphysics first, though.

user tell the truth. Lying is a sin. I bet you were raised in a Christian household and only became an atheist because you were an edgy teenager. As an atheist I wouldn't be a fan of such company.

instead of worshipping jesus i decided to go to the source and worship APOLLO.

Ye must be born again

>What convinced you that god was real
I looked at the evidence, and God just seemed like the most logical explanation for the existence of the universe.
>what made you religious
Firstly, if there is a God, it seemed to make sense to want to live your life by his laws and try to understand it better.
Secondly, Christianity seemed like the truest out of all the major religions, and that is what I decided.
If you want to become religious or even just believe in a god, you have to accept that you can't know for certain if your belief is correct and that is where faith comes into play.

>I want to be a Christian

Not OP but I want to get back into Christianity.
I was raised Christian, realized I was too edgy for that, and now I realize that Christianity is dope
I want to believe that it's all real but I just can't, I don't think it's in my nature as a person
What do I do?

>doesn't deserve your worship.
>how to spot a brainlet from a mile away

>I want to believe that it's all real but I just can't
What exactly do you think is holding you back?

explanation plz
(love the hamlet quote btw)

The easy part is becoming a theist. Something that might help you get to that point is to read up on fine-tuning, maybe something by Richard Swineburn. Reading Plato, Aristotle, and Aquinas also helps. Take a second and reflect on how fucking strange it is to be alive, how absurd it is for anything exists at all. Realize that if Goodness is real, then God must be real also.

If you are an atheist then you should start working your way towards theism first. It's much harder to be a Christian than a theist. But eventually as a theist you realize Christianity is the best expression of theism. Before you know it, you're following Christ.

I was raised in an atheist household. I wish I was raised in a Christian household, I don't even know the lords prayer. Feels bad to have no connection to something higher, man.

Precisely why he should be a gnostic