Post WWII photos in colour

Post WWII photos in colour

I'm a tank.
Clankity-clank.
I'm coming for your flank.

>"w-what? you still haven't joined the most Veeky Forums unit of all WWII user? how come?"

>mfw time-travelling Adrien Brody getting questioned by Zhukov on the left

In all fairness they look less silly with cargo shorts on.

The pants the British wear look so fucking silly without anklets

Behold, an almost impossibly comfy picture.

Hungarian mechanized reconnaissance.

lots of WW2 images here

How can you see their pants?

Because they're visible in OP's picture?

But they aren't?

Why are the french always so Veeky Forums ?

I believe this picture was taken in 1953 during the algerian war. someone prove me wrong

This is the best colourisation I have. I love it. Totally puts you into their eyes, looks as though it was taken yesterday.

It's from the winter war.

And here's a Finnish farmer/hunter during the winter war.

The colour makes it all feel so much more real, you know? It feels meaningless to read about the horrific atrocities and genocides committed in eastern europe in this period, but seeing it in proper colour really cements just how wicked the Nazis were, at least for me. I guess it helps contextualize it?

They have to be good at something I suppose.

And here's a couple of Soviets in an abandoned factory, 1943 I think.

If anybody has high quality North Africa pics I'd love to see. A lot seem to jsut be 'make everything bright yellow'

There’s a weird surrealness to these being in full color

And here's a US Tank Crew in the liberation of France.

not quite what you're looking for, but one of my favorites

The pickelhaube looks dorkier in color

Hungarian Junkers bombers.

US Army enters Bavaria. There's an irony to the burning propaganda and buildings.

Hungarian Me-109F.

'Lehel', prototype APC.

One of the worst colourings imo, goody swastika bands, Hindenburg's collar being mustard, Hitler wearing a green tie.

Last one, France under German occupation. Eerie 'everyday business' vibe to it.

More Ju-86's.

Italian Fiat G.50s in flight

The French are an Veeky Forums people. It stands to reason that their military would be suitably Veeky Forums

Anyone else find the British uniform kinda cool? It grows on you I think.

Looks awful if you're fat, but it has a kinda cool look otherwise.

Hungarian 'Nimrod' AA tank, a blend of Hungarian and Swedish technology. Was very effective at its intended role.

CANT Z.1007bis bombers lined up at a base in the Balkans

Hungarian MÁVAG Héja fighter, license-built Reggiane.

Here's an Italian Reggiane

It's my favourite desu

My grandfather told me a story once (your pic reminds me of it). He was serving as AAA on the Western Front, but his unit had been used as anti-infantry for a while since the Wehrmacht was so thoroughly trounced by that point. Anyway, one day, just after he started his shift on the guns, a whole fleet of fighters buzzed the treetops above him and his unit. They were from a nearby airfield the US forces hadn't seen, and they'd been flying low to avoid radar. Unfortunately, they were about 50ft above an entire AA Company, and my grandfather and his buddies let fly with the 90mm. He recalled that it was impossible to miss, to the point he kind of felt sorry for the pilots getting so utterly schwacked.

Afterwards, grandpa notices one plane had survived the immediate hellstorm and managed to land itself nearby in a clearing. By the time he got there, the pilot was lying dead besides the plane. He was a German of some noble or aristocratic appearance (nice, white uniform, lots of bling), and my grandfather thought his uniform was exceptional. Except his boots were missing. And he had zero injuries from the AA guns, only a single red rifle wound in the center of his chest. And a dozen US soldiers had found him first.

Was the only time during the whole war my grandfather said he didn't feel like we were the heroes. Just an interesting story, make of it what you will.

>Algeria
>Snow

My Granda was also AA on the western front, they accidentally dropped a gun on his foot. He lost 3 toes and got a medal.

Nice. Mine once had a private accidentally set their ammo on fire. No one got hurt, miraculously, but they had to spend part of the Bulge naked in the snow afterward. Since their camp was on the moon.

And by 'their', I mean the AA ammo.

obviously I was referencing the post I was replying to, not the one I posted. Here's another

Mine witnessed seeing a German tank commander being shot in the head with an AT rifle during the Battle of France.
The headless corpse slumped into the tank, a few seconds later it stopped and the crew bailed.

Ooooh. Sorry.

Fucking metal.

holy shit

Too much European theater