Is it possible to run a ChainLink node with Windows?

All the guides I'm seeing are for linux.

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-ThinkCentre-M58-Desktop-Intel-Pentium-Dual-Core-1-8GHz-4GB-RAM-160GB-HDD-DVD-ROM-Windows-10-Home/167349723?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=940&adid=22222222227047576056&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=146903702136&wl4=pla-258557706934&wl5=1013462&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113125887&wl11=online&wl12=167349723&wl13=&veh=sem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Or do I just run linux in a VM?

Why would you run a node? Can't you not earn anything yet?

If you want to run a node it's best to get one online straight away. Nodes are prioritised by the following:

Total number of assigned requests
Total number of completed requests
Total number of accepted requests
Average time to respond
Amount of penalty payments
Amount of LINK held

This means that older nodes will have an advantage over newer ones.

yup. get to it, people. the future is now. LINK waits for no one.

>This means that older nodes will have an advantage over newer ones.
But those nodes are now on testnet, with the launch of mainnet I suppose you'll have to create new nodes?

I don't know, I haven't set a node up yet. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to buy a new machine or not.

Am I fucked if I don't understand shit about coding? I can follow a tutorial but should I not even bother if I have 0 technical background? Also, what is the cheapest possible setup I could buy that would run a node? It would be an independent machine, so no worries about how shitty it is as long as I an run a node and maybe move it later to a better unit. what kind of prebuilt would be good?

could the node technically run on a raspberry?

From the FAQ:
>What are the hardware requirements for running a node?

>At a minimum, a ChainLink node which is also running Geth (as a light client) should have:

>2 Cores
>4 GB RAM
>16 GB Storage

only trash runs windows and buys chainshit
typical idiot Veeky Forums trash

Idk if running a node on your home machine is a good idea.
I'm pretty sure it requires server-like features like 100% uptime and high bandwidth connection else your reputation might suffer.
I'll probably pay for a VPS every month if node rewards are decent.

>running a server on windows
wtf dude

>VPS
Not a bad idea at all thank you
I've never ran a server before. This is new to me so I'm learning at the moment

This sounds like a great way to get all your link seized by the network because you failed to fulfill your contract because you had a power outage for five hours.

I live in a first world country, we don't have power outages

wtf is everyone talking about in this fred?

>2 Cores
GB RAM
GB Storage
So I could run it on this?

walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-ThinkCentre-M58-Desktop-Intel-Pentium-Dual-Core-1-8GHz-4GB-RAM-160GB-HDD-DVD-ROM-Windows-10-Home/167349723?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=940&adid=22222222227047576056&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=146903702136&wl4=pla-258557706934&wl5=1013462&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113125887&wl11=online&wl12=167349723&wl13=&veh=sem

every post about LINK is informative, well thought out. And every negative post about LINK is a shitpost like this one. This was the exact same situation with ETH, take notes people

*every positive post I see

brainlet here wtf is a node and what does it do?

In a decentralised network, the users computers are nodes.

Any information on rewards?
This sounds like a great idea.

Yes

I think most of you are wrong about what the node can run on. If you actually watch Sergey’s presentations he talks about a very specific kind of intel hardware that will be required.

the SGX thing is optional

No one is talking about what kind of API data to provide?