The official BCH hard fork thread

We all know bitcoin cash will be having its hard fork next week.

What are your price predictions? What do you think will happen with btc/segwit 2x in the meantime

I am observing very strange things with BCH price movements, if it’s not a couple of whales accumulating sneaky , then I will stick a sharpy in my pooper

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Forked coin will fork
Jesus fucking Christ is this community retarded?

what the fuck?

Well, the Segwit chain is forking too... that's kinda the thing with forks to branch out

BCH 'fork' is more of a protocol upgrade, its not a contentious fork i.e. there aren't going to be 2 BCH chains

ETH just forked a couple weeks ago in the same manner

hm. I thought bitcoin cash was a bullshit coin. was I wrong? kind of impressed that they're able to pull off a protocol upgrade without any drama

their community is low key mining and accumulating lol

and when this hits coinbase, normie money will pour in. once the groundwork is in place, BCH will enable citizens to spend cryptocurrency for everyday purchases in the US. it's literally the opportunity to get your hands on BITCOIN round 2. Demand will exceed supply and people will buy it, being able to actually use it lol

Latest BCH Scam. Please stop you are dragging Bitcoin down with you.

I've been exploring it as a hedge against the drama thats bound to unfold over the next few days/weeks.

pretty doubtful it would get listed on coinbase, but I think it's a decent option for the short/medium term for sure.

support will be enabled January 1, 2018. google it.

Isnt Komodo better?

they're mining BCH for future profits, while mining BTC and swapping it for BCH, which is why the price is steady climbing on the ratio after the massive sell off from short term profit takers.

maybe they know something we don't. or they are going to try to pull off a flippening, sneaky chinkies.. :D

if they don't mine BTC, the network stops. If they mine BTC and trade it for BCH before its public, they capitalize on profits. The fork will show further evidence, but the coming months will likely show issues with BTC clog up as smaller miners move to BCH for profit as the price rises.

think ten steps ahead but don't get lost.

dumb money is buying BTC and will swap it for the usable currency later, but have issues due to slow network, and it will be too late and some will hold too long. i won't say flippening, but there's no reason they don't equal out. once they equal out, whichever claims the name BTC will truck forward.
the miners will decide which lives as BTC and which becomes a fully centralized, spendable, small-scale mining. One will be very valuable, and spendable. One will be launched into orbit, EVENTUALLY. hedge your money for short and long term use

>bitcoin cash
what dumb name. will not buy

hm. interesting.

thanks for your insights, will be doing some further research.

I see the core paid trolls are hitting this hard already...lol

bud I'm just trying to make money. I don't really care about the politics of it.

I thought that too initially, but given that BCC/BCH is basically a Bitcoin clone that can actually be practically used as currency, it's a pretty accurate name, is it not?

There was no drama before Blockstream started trying to corrupt bitcoin and turn it into their banking layer.

Bitcoin forked off and upgraded, and is upgrading again. Smart money has been quietly moving over to Bitcoin (cash) before the dumb money figures it out and the stampede begins.

Dude the Bitcoin Cash name is derived from Satoshi's white paper title:

Bitcoin: A peer-to-peer electronic CASH system

Since it is designed to be used as cash, Bitcoin Cash is actually quite a good name because it reminds people of what it is, electronic cash or money.

bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

ithoughtthiswasmoreorlesswhatisaid dot peedeeeff

It'll be sooner than that. Think before BTC fork

what kind of mining power would one need to maintain the EDA version of this shitcoin following their ridiculous fork?

since BCH has already partitioned the more credulous, i suspect there's be a market for it.

because nobody cares

Based on the reactions received here, whether intentional or not, it seems a LOT of people are still in the dark or unknown regarding Bitcoin cash

i'm aware that it'll likely be before. they said "by"
whenever it is, Expect Zcash as well. Zcash will go parabolic because it will be compatible with BCH, be spendable with merchants, AND keep users tx and holdings private from their neighbors but not the cryptographers that created the source. in a case of extreme illegal activity, BCH is easy to track to a single address and then a single user based on habits. A little more privacy goes a long way to the everyday user who knows how crypto wallets work. The asics will switch to BCH and the GPUs already have switched from ethereum to Zcash lol

I am buying bcash since low 300

>Zcash