The russo-Japanese war was so cool yet Veeky Forums never talks about it

The russo-Japanese war was so cool yet Veeky Forums never talks about it

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraf.rs/english/1474153-the-world-trembled-from-his-sword-this-man-killed-japanese-samurai-in-an-epic-battle-video
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cuck tsar failed miserably and many dweebs here are obsessed with him and his family so it's not okay to talk about this war

The resident Nickyboo gets unreasonably upset about the whole thing

>mfw I'm the only one capping the hill on domination
Were modern grenades not invented yet? That seems like a retarded bayonet charge.

>That seems like a retarded bayonet charge.
I'm under the conceit that all bayonet charges are retarded.

>That seems like a retarded bayonet charge
That's pretty much how you'd sum up the land portion of the Russo-Japanese War

The Battle of Tsushima gets discussed a lot, the incompetence of the Russian navy is hilarious and tends to outshine everything else though.

Because everything except Tsushima and the Serb v Samurai duel are just embarrassingly retarded ideas of charging trenches with bayonets and dying by the fuckload

>any war that isn't WW2
>cool

Please.

Does anyone actually think that Meijumpf has a chance against BASED Nickydawg? Just give up Meijumpfkins, you'll NEVER be the hegemon of the east. Literally only rural and rice farming retards like Meijumpf. #I'mWithNicky

every fucking time, that was the best post in Veeky Forums by far

Because m-muh ruskies lost. Both tsar loving LARPers and tankies are furious about this

Agreed. Fascinating period and pretty much the first wide scale usage of machine guns on both sides in a conflict.

If the world had actually paid attention they would have been able to see what WW1 would be like. But they ignored it, or wrote it off as "some far eastern war that will never affect us"

Gonna dump some RJW images

>15 second posting time
bolshoi!

The war really cemented Japan as a world power

The Japanese were incredibly well disciplined and had good morale, making use of newfangled inventions like radio

The Russian army was a usual shambles - career officers who didn't care about their men, low morale, no radios...

The war saw a shitload of artillery on both sides. Artillery, machine guns, earthworks and trenches. It really was WW1 v.0.9

The land war saw huge battles

Everyone though Japan would get it's shit kicked in...

Japanese naval landings....

BOUM

Japanese Surprise attacks on enemy navies in port before they were cool

The Russians would've won if they waited for 2-3 more weeks

Eh the problem wasn't time, it was the Russian army itself compared to the Japanese. Worlds of difference. Same with the Navies. The Russians did target practice once and ended up accidentally sinking the ship towing the target...

Not sure how accurate these aircraft are - from what I know they only used observation balloons (the first time balloons had been used for artillery observation and corrections)

heh, when plunging fire was still a legitimate tactic

WW2 I think is the first big war you could consider not cool. There wasn't much all that interesting about it enough to make it cool with how much shitty stuff happened with it.

The war on the sea is what most people think of when they think of the Russo-Japanese war...

and... they had torpedoes

When people wargame the RJW they tend to do the naval side

Although there are miniatures for the land wars and some people do game them

That's pretty much it from me - the rest of my images are small and shitty quality

The war was one of the first "modern" wars where the world got to see and learn what happens when modern armies fight each other.

The thing is, some military leaders didn't want to learn. If you're a cavalry commander, you don't want to be told that your arm of the military has become obselete and only serves to die on the battlefield. Which is why many division leaders said the lessons of the war were "unrepresentive"

Great dump user. Really enjoyed it.

Sakhalin should be Japanese. It's a shame Teddy screwed them over and they didn't get it and then the Soviets stole Karafuto.

Any good books about it?

Another thing that happened is that the Japanese made use of enormous 11-inch (28cm) howitzers in attacking Russian fortifications, whereas the common belief in Europe was that 8-inch (20cm) was the largest practical caliber for any cannon that wasn't mounted on a ship. This increase in the power of siege artillery made many older fortifications near useless. The Germans were the only ones who really paid attention to this, and it inspired them to secretly develop a line of 12-inch (30cm) and even a small batch of 16.5-inch (42cm) guns for use against French and Belgian forts in the event of war.

Gee, Dmitri.. how come you manage to get stabbed by four bayonets!

Why did Russia fail?

A fluke. Those final campaigns were devasating, but Japan threw everything they had into them, it basically bankrupted their economy. Had Russia held out for another month, the Japanese army would've been starved out.

But Russia didn't know that, how would they know. The Fog of War was powerful back then, and Russia was dealing with the 1905 revolution.

Their generals made bad decisions. That's the boring, simple, and correct answer.

What’s the Serb vs Samurai story?

He's technically Montenegrin
telegraf.rs/english/1474153-the-world-trembled-from-his-sword-this-man-killed-japanese-samurai-in-an-epic-battle-video

A Serb and Samurai partook in an autistic duel to the death, the Serb apparently coming away victorious. Many historians debate the validity of the duel: some claim that the Ruskies exploited the Jap honor system, rushing to kill as many Japs as they could while their guard was lowered.

Damn, that is breddy cool

I mean the war wasn't being determined via trial by combat so does it really matter?

How will Russians ever recover?

the most interesting thing about this conflict to me is that its a war between Japan and Russia, yet none of the fighting occurred in Japan or Russia

the ultimate imperialist war

how so? I think ww1 proved that nations are more than willing to go so far into debt that their populations are starving to death before just ending the war.

By invading Manchuria?

well at least everyone understood the lessons of Naval warfare, that big guns were all that mattered

Fuck I love those uniforms

Why does no one talk about Mukden? It was the largest battle in history prior to WW1.

There's a few ospreys on the subject. They give a brief overview of the battles, tactics, units and have some nice color plates of uniforms ( and are from them)

Osprey - MAA 414 - Russo-Japanese-War 1904-05
Osprey - NVA 232 - The Imperial Japanese Navy of the Russo-Japanese War

There's also a film "Nihonkai daikaisen" or "Battle of the Japan Sea" you could watch.

Them nips knew how to dress smart

More plates from the Osprey

AESTHETIC
E
S
T
H
E
T
I
C

Russian Officers and an observation balloon