Who are these individuals and why do they get to be the pictorial representation of all of humanity in the largest...

who are these individuals and why do they get to be the pictorial representation of all of humanity in the largest encyclopedia in history

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Manual_of_Style/Images/Archive_6
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_contemporary_ethnic_groups
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It'd be funny if that picture was replaced with Flash Brown's poster for BLACKED.

most humans are asians, case closed

Does this really concern you that much?

>who are these individuals
probably some random asian peasants
>why do they get to be the pictorial representation of all of humanity in the largest encyclopedia in history
1. they got lucky
2. the picture has a memetic value similar to that of pic related

the vast majority of humans through history have been poor farmers

the rarely seen director's cut

not much info in the description

Here's the full photo btw

wikipedia no longer displaying pictures of people who are representative of the ethnicity in question in their articles on specific ethnicities is far more offensive to me

and surprise surprise the policy shift originates in the Swedish version of wikipedia, where swedish sjws participated in never ending debates about "who is swedish anyway?/swedes do not exist" causing wikipedia to change their policies site wide.

so now thanks to swedish sjws we no longer have representations of ethnic groups on their respective wiki pages

Holy shit, I didn't even realize this until now.

well to be honest i like the OP pic, has it right for one thing, and also the picture shows the types of activities people can do and physical things like sexual dimorphism. also i like their clothes, they're modern clothes but seeming not extremely western either at the same time.

but anyway yeah that sucks. funny how westerners are the ones pushing this and nobody else cares. i can't wait for the chinese century honestly

Maybe this one is more up yours.

totally false, it originated here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Manual_of_Style/Images/Archive_6

guy looks like the battle hardened warrior, like kenshiro, but who is unfortunately followed along by his helicopter mom on all his adventures. So he has to always strain himself to save her, and not get fucking pissed at her nagging because he is following the confucian way.

>wikipedia no longer displaying pictures of people who are representative of the ethnicity in question in their articles on specific ethnicities is far more offensive to me
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_contemporary_ethnic_groups
It looks like they only removed the pictures from the info box section, some articles (though not all) now have a separate section called "Gallery" in the article where you can find pictures. The article for Swedes does seem to conspicuously be missing a "gallery" section though lol.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Manual_of_Style/Images/Archive_6
The debate indeed started in the swedish section of wikipedia, specifically on the article about "Swedes". That discussion you linked is when things came to a head where the english language admins decided to make a site wide policy decision because the debate originated in the swedish section of wikipedia.

literally (((sandstein)))
i dont even believe in the whole jew thing but god damn what a jew

>original research and contentious
no, it's giving a contextual example. wikipedia is a HUMAN CREATED source of information, MADE TO BE READ BY HUMANS, NOT PARSED BY COMPUTERS. not allowing articles like this to come with a gallery of "here's some common examples of things in this category" is simply removing a feature on a really theoretical and abstract basis. it's being overly concerned with the letter of the guidelines over the spirit of them. no, you should not have original research or contentious claims stated as fact on wikipedia. but having an image gallery is only "original research" in a really distant, meaningless, and theoretical way.

You know 10 years ago I was a liberal activist, and now I literally think Hitler did nothing wrong.

Asians are the most populace race on the planet and thus most representative of human appearance.

>when the neckbeard blames the Jews for his own retardation

lmao, those white supremacists sure as scientific

I don't see the problem, anyone can be Swedish. Here you're whatever it says on the passport.

nice bait

Only uncucked ethnicities allowed.

>fixates on the offhand comment
>completely ignores the actually meaningful contribution
You're the sort of person who ignores quality posts just because somebody says "nigger" in them once, aren't you?

Soft brained as always

So you were a retard then and a retard now? Good on you for staying true to yourself.

Only ethnicities represented by angels allowed

Are you retarded or something? There are more East and South Asians than any other race combined.

why? why do they do this? I bet even the non-whites in their country didn't ask for it.

>when the neckbeard blames disabled people for his own retardation

the talk page for this article is hilarious
look at this guy's fucking proposals. holy hell have you ever seen anything worse than these, he wants to replace the OP image with this insincere low effort public domain stock image shit.

also i like how he says "preferably non white" with no further explaination. and how his images are titled "whie family", "black family", "chinese family" none of which really mean anything. the setting of all the images is EXTREMELY american and he probably thinks just because some of them aren't "white" means it's representative of humanity. fucking hilarious. american leftists need to get fucked.
the OP image is properly titled "akha couple".

motherfucker
retitle this article "citizenship in sweden" or "swedish citizens" and it would be fine

but the article is actually supposed to be about the GERMANIC FUCKING ETHNO-LINGUISTIC GROUP, SWEDES.

>preferably nonwhite
I mean if you're gonna bitch about no kids you should bitch about no whites, they're a significant part of the earth's population

The average human is asian

In a century they will be black. The human race will literally be BLACKED.

Strictly speaking everyone is black

no

I like this photo. Wouldn't mind some technology in the background though, it's starting to define our species.

Fuck I wish we get a Mars colony going before I end.

We probably will in the next decade or so

Save us based elon desu

he won't do shit
all his projects are funded by his other projects, everything is just going to collapse

I hope every Singularitarian commits suicide and dies in the greatest grief imaginable.

As it was before. Well, actually it was Khoisan, but you guys don't care about the difference.

Its hilarious how he's basically being racist as fuck while trying very hard to virtue signal that he isn't. He just assumes that the Thai couple in the OP picture are Chinese, and calls the black American family "African" lol. Also all his pictures (except one) are insanely American.

the pacific islanders one? he calls that "traditional habitat" but IT'S IN FUCKING SAN DIEGO and you can even see some fat tourist khaki wearing guy in the background.
and the pacific islanders themselves are wearing those clothes because this is the "2010 Pacific Islander Festival Association". traditional habitat indeed.

1. They are simple farmers, the most noble profession and sustainable lifestyle.
2. Asians are the most neotenous (read advanced) human peoples. They have undergone paedomorphosis as compared to more derived human forms and are better for it.

They’re members of the Akha ethnic group, and “Akha” comes first in all the pictures of humans on Wikipedia listed in alphabetical order. Seriously, that’s the reason.

They should have used this picture instead

the vast majority of humans through history have been hunter-gatherers you retard

No. Hunter gatherers were few in comparison to the huge populations of farmers.

But they existed for hundreds of thousands of years before the farmers

No. Modern humans existed since 50000BC-40000BC. And the ammount of hunter-gatherers living in huge ammounts of land was minimal. Meanwhile as agriculture appeared in the middle-east near 20000BC, the populations started growing density/wise. The neolithic revolution spread populations literally assimilated the hunter-gatherers or simply killed them easily since 10000BC approximately. As the agriculture methods and spread increased, the agrarian settlements' density increased over time. Hunter gatherers were less numerous than agrarian individuals.

damn that's actually interesting
I always though it was

What the hell? Are all the collages with notable people gone? Only obscure minority groups seem to retain them.

he's right you know

If he's a farmer why's he holding a carpet

>husband
Imagine having to marry that fat old cow

>technology
Clothes are technology.

It should be a collage of asians, whites, blacks, pooinloos, abos and native americans

well soon you can just say the majority of humans that have ever existed have been industrial workers or some shit, if population keeps exploding like this

It's a simple picture for something that humans have been doing for a long time. Not much to really explain, though I do wish someone could identify them, and see where they are now.

me too. I just want to know what they as individuals think about how they're the picture for the human species on wikipedia

>Whats "wikipedia"?

>. Meanwhile as agriculture appeared in the middle-east near 20000BC
no it didn't. It occurred 10,000 B.C. at the earliest and didn't leave the Middle East until about 7,000 B.C. and even then it still wasn't world wide at that point either.

how possible do you think it is to be actually legitimately secluded these days? besides why would you assume these guys ARE that secluded in the first place?

>man
>women

Disgusting how they assume gender like that

He looks like he's a good 15-20 years younger. He better have other wives that look better and she's just kept because her General Tso's is on point.

seeick

wow, rude

basically the shutin reddit retards who have the spare time to write wikipedia articles got in a massive debate about it, and the "b-but the majority of humans are actually ugly short yellow people!" side won and so they got rid of the old image

Because humanity is basically just a tired guy and his frumpy guy trying to get somewhere.

They are some Asian people like 60% of the global population

>search Africans
>there's a photo of Afrikaans in the article

Hmm...

More than 50% of the human population in history lived during the last 1000 years