Start using saved up money to invest back in 2010

>Start using saved up money to invest back in 2010
>Determine my investments by comparing the utility of the product and the brand, the company behind it (if applicable) etc.
>Make the following investments: (chronological order)
>Mylan
>Netflix
>GXY Resources
>Bitcoin
>Ethereum
>Aphria
>Monero
>Not one of these has made me less than 3x what I put in, ironically GXY was the best (12x in three months) tied with BTC
>Now that I'm sitting on 800k (started with 5k 6 years ago) I'm suddenly very anxious, I'm starting to believe it was all luck etc

Whats wrong with me Veeky Forums? Is it imposter syndrome? Or is investment really all just luck and I've been lucky 6 times in a row? I'm sort of paralysed now that I'm just under 1MM, I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like it's all gonna come crashing down any day. Stock markets can crash, Fiat can crash, Crypto can crash.

take out half and spend it on solid assets. rentals and investments it will make the money more real.

If you're afraid the market will crash, don't forget that toilet paper stocks rarely go down. People need toilet paper. Hell, if you buy now and the crash comes in 2-3 years, you might make some good gainz out of it.

Nothing wrong with selling and taking profits. Don't keep everything in the market, BTC taking a massive dump could ruin all your 'good luck'.

Most of your gains were luck, and by luck I mean right place right time, with a little bit of proper planning on your part. Being scared is dangerous, so I'd advise you cash out like $500k and put it in very secure investments, and continue to take measured risk with $300k because I think there's still 1.5 years before any major crashes. Do you need this money badly, or do you do ok at work?

Then sell, find a means to generate income (business), and reinvest

I'm a 23 year old university student. Also what is a safe investment? I don't want to invest in property, it feels like it immediately 'ties' you down, I don't want to deal with renters or property tax or any of that stuff. Of the remaining options what's better, ETFs or Gold? I don't particularly trust Fiat considering the degree of political instability.

GXY?
Aussie OP confirmed?

Why aren't you buying MEI mate!

ETFs, gold is a meme for suckers. Unless there is total anarchy, your ETFs will not fail unless you chose shit ones.

So like VOO? Also as an aside, I was also thinking of opening a 2x leveraged position on Oil, since what are the odds of Oil ever being half its current price?

ETF's are the way to go. Even if there's a horrible crash, you can weather it safely with some of your money and come out on the other side ahead. Look at any long term graph of indexes and funds and you'll see that there have been plenty of serious crashes and it's always came back stronger than ever. There might be one crash to completely kill the thing one day, but are you going to avoid driving cars because you could die in an accident? There's risk in everything we do, we just have to take that chance.

VOO is solid, but that shouldn't be where all the money goes. Definitely have some VTI if you're looking to be super secure.

Yeah, VOO is cool. I'd put most of your money into something like that. Could go for riskier ETFs like industry specific if you're willing to do research and you're confident that industry will do well in the coming years.

I really dislike putting money onto physical goods because the ROI can be really low, but it can also be really safe. If you're looking to be safe Oil is probably fine.

I disagree with this user, I think VOO is perfectly safe, but VTI is def a safer choice.

What are some toilet paper?

Also people will always be drinking Coke

>Also people will always be drinking Coke

No, I think there was just some statistics article that came out saying water has overtaken soda as America's beverage of choice. I think people are slowly learning how terrible sugar is and over time will probably consume less and less of it. Probably even medical insurance policies in the future that require you to consume very little or no sugar.

>23 year old
>2010
nigga how the fuck did you have 5k as a 16 year old

I mean, I worked a job when I was 16.

I mean I started working at 14

Wasted my money on cars and women instead.

>Invested in 2010
>Monero came out in 2014
>ETH came out in 2015

5k tho.
>In 2010, 72.9 million American workers age 16 and over were paid at hourly rates, representing 58.8 percent of all wage and salary workers. Among those paid by the hour, 1.8 million earned exactly the prevailing Federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.
I'm assuming you were making minimum wage, I may be wrong here, but I'm gonna assume you weren't being paid a fuckton. Naturally this being Veeky Forums if you're like me and weren't a fucking stupid 16 year old you probably had a side hustle, so if I'm wrong please correct me, but still.
>7.25 an hour
>5000/7.25
>690 hours (3sf)
>690/8
>86.25
You're telling me you worked roughly 2 1/2 months, maybe less (~2 months) as a 16 year old and invested it all into fucking crypto? Like good for you making money and whatnot but you must've been a fucked up kid.

He states he started in 2010, and those were what he invested in, in:
>(chronological order)
as they're last, he clearly invested in them most recently.

most of investing is just luck mate. Its gambling but the odds are in your favour if you know how choose good picks.

It's all luck desu
It's called a bullmarket

humble brag. im guessing you're an ausfag too

Did you invest that in 2010? Because ethereum didn't even exist back then.

Anyways for the sake of the argument, invest your money into real estate instead. It's safer and real estate prices rarely go down when you buy in urban areas - the only thing you need to look at is how much profit/risk you're willing to make. Buy a few houses in an area that might get gentrified is a risk but a greater reward as well.

He obviously got help from parents. But holy shit fuck US if I were to work at 16 in my shithole I'd get paid 1.5 USD per hour.

>Oil is probably fine
Satan No.

it's ok it's guilt I know how it feels
started with $1600 in 2011, now have 400k
feels like I took someone's money
are they really going to let us get away with this?

>Not one of these has made me less than 3x what I put in
>Google searches Aphria

Not possible to gain 3x even if bought at bottom and sell at ATH?

Don't worry i will show myself out!

You can lose it all if you ever go full retard. Learn risk management

Well, you did. It wasn't all you. There were poor exploited people working to make the world go round who are still being exploited to this day. Without understanding this, you are in a sense a thief.

>Determine my investments by comparing the utility of the product and the brand, the company behind it (if applicable) etc.
This is key. Too many people try to time the market rather than buy based on value. What they end up doing more often than not, is look for things that are going up, without even caring what it is that they're buying, FOMO buy at the top, and panic-sell at the bottom.

What you did is correct, and it would be even better if you bought in the midst of a crash or dump so you could by more at a lower price. Essentially what you should do is look for something with potential, undervalued, and just buy it. Let it ride the waves of the volatile market, and sell when it's time.

noko-bro? is that you?

is Ellaism a good pick?

What stocks are safe during a crash? Food? Big 4 banks?

Lucky that there were so many good opportunities, but wasn't based on luck that you seized those opportunities. Good luck OP

if your paranoid get gold and silver or other exotic metals, also property and other physical things whose value is guranteed to stay/go up,
you're welcome

If you scared, go to church.

HODL

>guaranteed to stay/go up