Oh no no no no

oh no no no no
Look at they clothes
WE

they look like fucking pimps mate

Literal cartoon villain porkies

WUZ

VICTORIAN GENTLEMEN N SHIEEET

Who, the Harry Highpants Americans on the left?

>Harry highpants
Me sides

Literally nothing wrong with a bit of Anglobooism

>the virgin macarthur
>The CHAD Hirohito

>maybe if we dress like them they won't nuke us again

I just realized that this must be very weird for people in 1945 seeing Victorian-style Top hats still being used by Japanese dignitaries.

I kinda miss it.

It's diplomatic dress - every non-military member of the Japanese delegation is from the Foreign Ministry. Diplomatic uniforms weren't entirely uncommon at this period - British diplomats in full dress had a uniform that looked like a Napoleonic naval uniform. Russia actually recently tried to reintroduce a uniform for its diplomats, but I don't think they went through with the idea.

To give you an idea, here's a picture of the German ambassador (left - in the tailed coat) meeting a high ranking member of the British foreign ministry in 2014. They're only worn on very formal occasions - such as when a newly arrived diplomat presents their credentials - but I'd say a surrender ceremony merits the wearing of full diplomatic dress.

LARP
If politicians can do it then so should i
Always wanted to dress like a 17th century English highwayman

>17th century English highwayman
Post results plz

Public servants*
But go nuts

she looks cute

Patrician clothing

This is what cultural appropriation looks like

Why are Japs such Westaboos?

She should be wearing calf-high boots. and her coat tails should slightly overlap them. This uniform looks pretty badass until you get to the knees, and then it just makes the entire ensemble look silly.

>British officer lady
>has a sword

It's pretty funny that the Meiji Restoration was ostensibly started to remove western influence and ended with Japan being more western influenced than ever before

Western influence has little to do with Western technology, and there is no contradiction in purging one and embracing the other.

They literally copied British naval uniforms, adopted Prussian tactics and adopted a house of peers based on Britain, that's pretty fucking western

that is a really neat outfit

>that's pretty fucking western
technology.

A house of peers is technology?

>general dead center is dead ass wearing riding boots with spurs and everything

B R A V O K O J I M A

Chapter 3 when??

Survive is chapter 3

Yes, political technology.

Britain senpai~

>get a life, bin that knife
catchy

God they both look so awkward and out of place.

You know that bizarre stance you assume when mommy and daddy force you and your sibling to make amends after a squabble?

Civil servants =/= politicians

>ambassador

Of what? The allied construct illegally squatting on the Reich's soil you mean?

top hats are kino as fuck

Victorian fashion is unironically too aesthetic for this world

I teach English in Japan and one of my students showed me this image in a classroom history manga and said, "Long legs."

Europeans copied stuff like uniforms and fashion wildly. Hussars wore hungarian, lancers wore polish (in continental europe at least), the frock coat has french origins. The japs just acted like a part of the club adopting european uniforms. As for the political organization, there's really no hurt in copying what works. Note that the emperor was still quite a different thing to the british queen/king. The japs copied a lot, but they did so out of their free will and retained what they deemed important.