ETH Chain Rollback Incoming

paritytech.io/blog/security-alert.html

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/7bchez/parity_multisig_wallets_deployed_after_730_issue/dpgxz42/
twitter.com/polkadotnetwork/status/927880762053021702
etherscan.io/address/0x3bfc20f0b9afcace800d73d2191166ff16540258
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18dUFWIk84dmJngBoZG8BBk6S_P2MIzKcUB5LMdUY1Kg/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hahahahaaha it’s Parity AGAIN
Lucky I had a short open already

incoming hardfork....

All funds frozen.
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and unspendable.... THE HODLING IS REAL.

Apparently at least 930k ETH frozen.
reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/7bchez/parity_multisig_wallets_deployed_after_730_issue/dpgxz42/

Oh my god

rip

>All funds frozen.
Now is this bullish (less supply) or bearish (turing complete smart contracts proven to be shit, again)? :^)

IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER
> twitter.com/polkadotnetwork/status/927880762053021702

etherscan.io/address/0x3bfc20f0b9afcace800d73d2191166ff16540258

Buy ETC.

>a user suicided the library-turned-into-wallet, wiping out the library code which in turn rendered all multi-sig contracts unusable since their logic (any state-modifying function) was inside the library.

How the fuck is this possible?
Would someone explain it for a brainlet like me?

whupsy!

people keep joking about a trump curse...

It's fucking bad. Bitcoin is on a bullrun and Ethereum keeps proving what a mess it is.
I'm not holding any Eth or ERC20 token except for IOUs (ICX, WAN) and MOD.

a library is usually code designed to preform a specific purpose and be used as part of a cog in a giant machine.

this particular cog didnt just turn the thing the dev thought it did but other things as well.

I've been hodling eth since $390, how fucked am I? What's my best course of action? I'd reaaally rather not sell and eat such a huge loss.

very

Buy. This is the second time Parity has proven they can't code their way out of a paper bag, and has nothing to do with the underlying tech, there will be a small dip and then a recovery. Also, liquid supply just went down, so now your ETH are worth more intrinsically.

kek
brainlets using parity
you had it comming

If they try to hardfork to fix this problem there will be three Ethereums. There will be ETH, ETC and whatever the third one is called. Maybe Ethereum Cash?

This, i cant believe idiots still use that

eth gold hopefully

There will be no hard fork. Money Skelly will not save you this time.

so we will have another hard fork to save those 300K ethers

I know what a library is, thank you, I'm a programmer actually. I'm just new to smart contracts.
I've read after what "suicide a contract" mean since then, but I still don't understand how could a library turn into a wallet. The world of smart contracts looks so fucking complicated to me.

only polkadot got fucked?

Oo-wee!
I feel an ETH buy opportunity incoming.

600K ethers affected docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18dUFWIk84dmJngBoZG8BBk6S_P2MIzKcUB5LMdUY1Kg/edit#gid=0

I'm not an idiot for buying this dip now am I?

You're not, it's not a problem of the ethereum network, the parity guys were at fault.

I'm not sure though that we won't see a bigger dip, it's a good chance to FUD ethereum and pump more money to bitcoin before the fork.

:) okay that's all I needed to know.

AHAHAHAHA
mETH HEADS BTFO