ITT: Most boring AD century

For me it's either the 10th or 11th century.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lechfeld_(955)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>11th Century
>Norman Conquests
>Establishment of first university
>Boring

>labelling historical periods with adjectives like "fun,boring,good,bad,etc."
the mark of a true pleb, or an average american.

10th
Literally what happened

Name some other neeto stuff, especially from out of Europe

Uh... Crusades? Muslim and Chinese Rennaisance? The collapse of the Abbasid Caliphs, leading to the rise of the Seljuks, and thus, the Turkic migrations to Anatolia? Hello?

XIX > XX

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lechfeld_(955)

>outside of Europe
who cares?

19th century was pretty boring aside from Napoleon

21 century nothing happening except and slow and inevitable decline the world has been explored the science subverted and our imagination can fly or even take a romantice aproach to live

The Norman Conquest is great, but I didn't want to include a century as exciting/interesting purely because of one event.

19th century is very on/off. 1800-1815 is fucking awesome, then there's a few decades of absolute boredom and non-events, then it gets interesting again with the 1848 revolutions, the Crimean War, the rise of Napoleon III, and the formation of Italy and Germany, then it's boring again from the 1870's onwards.

not even 20 years in

8th is the most boring

11th Century has the First Crusade, which is a clusterfuck of epic proportions, the beginning of the Komnenoi (?) Dynasty, and El Cid

10th century I'll accept as dull as I can't right now think of anything particular interesting in the 10th century.

Charlemagne? The reason borders of Europe are the way they are???

10th Century is why East Francia united to a melting pot culture (German) and why Hungary would never rise to prominence like Piast Poland.

really?
that's were everything changes, it's the msot interesting century

600?

Byzantine-Sassanid wars
Muslim conquest of the Levant, Egypt & Persia

Otto the great

Christianization of Poland but that's all I can recall

>first university

Actually I find this most interesting era. That was the time when Western Europe catched up rest of the world. Europe's population multiplied, first European philosophers, crusades, first nation-states and so on.
If you want to learn what Western civilization is all about, answer lies there.

The fucking crusade

19th probably
The beginning of the decline of Europe