ETH has incredibly good news for weeks

>ETH has incredibly good news for weeks
>Metropolis hard fork goes off without a problem, Devcon3 is excellent, good news coming again soon
>Veeky Forums doesn't react at all, ETH price barely rises
>A small security issue is noticed in a wallet that holds ETH
>Veeky Forums loses it's shit

You people are fucking retarded.

>it's
Yeah I know.

>A small security issue
>small
Yeah, no. It's not small at all.

ETH price has barely dropped yet.

In any case what good devcon3 news have I missed?

checkd

This shit is an obvious attempt to tank ETH as far as possible before segwit destroys bitcoin. 450$ in two weeks.

>small
you clearly don't know the impact of this event until next year. It's going to drive away normie money for a good long month

>Small
>Biggest exploit in the history of cryptocurrency

The last time something actually small happened ETH went from $340 to $180.

I have sold all my ETH just now and not going to buy back until after the hardfork (which they will NEED to do).

Wonder how fucked ERC20 tokens are as well.

Yeah, it is, you FUDding fuck.
ETH is so stable this barely affects it. Same way good news doesn't affect it. This is the same goddamn thing.

Dude... The multi-sig affected ETH can lock up other ETH as well by sending a smart contract signal.

Only way to fix this is a hard fork that can potentially fuck up ERC20 tokens. Otherwise all ETH will eventually lock up.

This is fucking insane.

What's the issue with ETH?

It basically burned a million ether.

I don't see how this is a "small" security issue when you can freeze an account with no relevant keys.

>The multi-sig affected ETH can lock up other ETH as well by sending a smart contract signal.
>Otherwise all ETH will eventually lock up.
wut
Please explain

>Multi-sig wallet had an error in it meaning ETH that is in a Multi-sig wallet is unusable from now on.
>You can't do anything with it except send a smart contract signal
>Millions of ETH affected also within exchanges
>If an affected ETH sends a signal to another unaffected ETH token it will fuck that ETH up as well
>Hard fork is needed to fix this
>Hard fork will destroy some ERC20 tokens
>Absolute panic as this is the worst thing that has happened within crypto, ever.

Lmao, fuck you and your desperate damage control.

Dude 280 mil of ETH is now unable to be accessed. How is that not a sign that ETH has always been a shitcoin.

>The multi-sig affected ETH can lock up other ETH as well by sending a smart contract signal
well no.

Money skelly wont fork, it's not an official wallet and he realizes that continuous hard forks because someone else fucked up a smart contract is not viable.

Really retarded programmer made a smart contract that removed its own library thus can't execute anymore code.

If such an ETH sends a smart contract to another ETH it will give the command to delete its library making that ETH useless as well.

And because it has deleted its library it can't be fixed with a soft-fork only a hard-fork will fix this shit.

I want to fucking murder everyone involved in this shit.

If he won't work eventually all ETH will lock up. Unless he comes up with some revolutionary technology humanity has never seen before ETH as we know it today won't exist anymore.

Ooh wee, setting orders for the dip

>If such an ETH sends a smart contract to another ETH it will give the command to delete its library making that ETH useless as well.
But this sounds like an ETH vulnerability now, not a Parity bug. I mean anyone could’ve deployed a broken contract and screwed it up in this way, no? And proceeded to lock up ALL eth?

Source for the fact that this affects other than Parity-wallets? I see no way a contract could "disable" a simple wallet without any solidity.

>If such an ETH sends a smart contract to another ETH it will give the command to delete its library making that ETH useless as well.
Hah, normies like this is how I am going to make some real money soon.

Yeah that was the entire thing. Some whitehat hacker found a vulnerability in ETH. Parity tries to fix it but instead actually creates the worst case scenario for that specirfic vulnerability.

This is cartoon level incompetence.

Lads, the only interesting question is where can I short ETH 1000x leverage?

Let's scratch that. I'm beginning to think this is intentional sabotage.

gross price manipulation on ETH at kraken, otherwise I might buy low

But do you still have a source for this affecting any other wallets than the ones with the Parity contract?

It couldn't this dudes retarded.