Is this accurate?

Is this accurate?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=what is the burden of proof?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That pic is a bit cringy, but yes.

They are different aspects of the same thing

The image of God as an old angry dude with beard is directly copied from Zeus/Jupiter from the Renaissance onwards, it's actually idolatry according to Christian tradition.

> As the new page loaded, indicating that his post was successful, OP grinned
> Internally however he was already furiously chuckling
> With this new picture he sure would show Christfags the irrationality of their beliefs
> His calculating mind however was interrupted by a loud imposing voice
> "Congratulation OP you have done it!"
> Confused he look around.
> No longer was he in his filthy room, but rather at the centre of a large colosseum like structure were millions of people were watching him
> "You have finally mathematically solved the problem of god!"
> The crowd cheered at his magnificent genius.
> In the distance he could see his mom saying "I am so proud of you son!"
> As the realization of his immense contribution for humankind sinked in, OP cried tears of euphoria
> From above the sky, slowly descended a crown with the engraving 'Smartest person in the universe'
> As it slowly landed on his head, OP muttered eternal gratitude for the rationality that was bestowed upon him.

I ironically worship the goddess Athena.

>Christianity has no mythology

Not an argument

The funny thing is that when I was a kid I thought Greek people still worshiped Zeus

Hence the name Greek Orthodox Church

As you should. She is the ultimate tomboy.

yes

That's really cute. poor kid.

if it makes you feel any better the ancients are sometimes depicted in church settings

Nope. Not after *shudder* THE Incident...

there's no argument in the OP hence a no argument response.

>Worth of a religion isn't based on its teachings but how on effective its members were at proselytizing and warfare

There's pretty big one implied.

Zeus had Black hair

This post reeks of reddit

Have you even read the Bible?

1. Mythology is an aspect of religion, there's also ritual, philosophy, etc. But yes, Christianity does have a mythology and I think most academics are comfortable describing it as such, though normies might have a problem with it.
2. If you're distinguishing between different gods, you should use their names instead of just calling one "God." It should be YHWH vs Zeus

Shouldn't He be a ball of light? And no, it's not accurate because there are still mythological beings being worshipped in Asia. Western pagans don't count since they might as well be dead.

The difference is the left is real, the other one isn't. The left is perfect, the other one is more human than humans. The left is perfect, the other one is as flawed as any human being.

Who cares about the differences of myths? Much like the Greek gods were just a way for Greeks to explain things they don't understand, the Christian god works the same way. Except he demands money on top of it. How very divine of him.

I think the fact that the one on the left turned out several hundred million times more successful might count as "real difference".

What philosophy and life lessons did writing about Zeus give?

Yes I did, several times over. Nowhere in the Bible is God depicted as an old dude with a beard sitting on a cloud, and you could actually get killed in the time of the prophets for depicting him.

The old Bible, not the updated OMEGA version of 2018 version 2.0

No the RCC still worships Zeus

>The difference is the left is real, the other one isn't. The left is perfect, the other one is more human than humans. The left is perfect, the other one is as flawed as any human being.

lmgtfy.com/?q=what is the burden of proof?

Even still, Zeus is much more interesting with all his human flaws and emotions.

God is a Mary Sue who can do wrong.

The left side should say Yahweh but yeah, basically.

>religion is a way of explaining unknown phenomena
Lmao this tired meme

/thread

Pretty sure Zizek has also said that "religion is just the community of followers".

>Depiction of Zeus from an Age of Empires game has somehow become one of the main pictures of Zeus

Umm... No? First of all there are still polytheists today, second of all mythology is not inherently religious in nature.

Pic related is a part of Veeky Forums mythology for example.

>just a way for Greeks to explain things they don't understand, the Christian god works the same way. Except he demands money on top of it. How very divine of him.

Isn't there some petrified cow shit you should be excavating?

Isn't paganism ongoing a revival in Europe, while less people there are believing in the abrahamic god ?

>rejecting the trinity
>christian

>Except he demands money on top of it
True Jew

Zeus = Deus = God. Jupiter = Deus Pater = God the Father. Nothing has changed, user. Not even the capitoline trinity.

It is actually a way to fake the only truth to yourself
(You) want to be the god

>Baiting this hard

It should be YHWH

>What philosophy and life lessons did the works of Homer and other Greek writers who wrote about gods give?

>The difference is the left is real

topkek

This