I've studied Evola's metaphysics extensively and would like to share some knowledge with whoever's interested tonight...

I've studied Evola's metaphysics extensively and would like to share some knowledge with whoever's interested tonight. AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

juliusevola.net/ariyabuddhism/ariyaawaken.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Explain Evola's differences pre and post neopaganism.

Tu eres muy frijolero!?

Not sure what you mean, Evola was never really a neopagan, his interest in paganism was exclusively in their mystery traditions and what esoteric knowledge could be gleaned from popular mythology.

Wooo

Go back to r*ddit you fucking faggot

What are differences in Evola's metaphysics before WWII and after WWII? So pretty much 50s-70s vs any earlier era.

Is he basically a fascist that believes in magic?

t.bourgeoisie

>magic isn't real

I believe his metaphysics remained fairly consistent, with the "I-that-is-I" you find in Ride of the Tiger being just his re-formulation of the Buddhist extrasamsaric principle he talks about in Doctrine of Awakening. At all times he emphasizes a thirst for the unconditioned, an integrality of will and self, and themes of centrality and transcendence. There's more but those are the broad strokes throughout his career

He is a fascist only insofar as ideals of self-cultivation and the hunger for something higher than the merely human sphere of worldly means and ends are fascist. So no, not really. He believed lies in your self than in political pies-in-the-sky. The belief that the solutions to the problems of reality - of death, suffering, the memetic forces that impose themselves upon man and violate or usurp his freedom - are political and collectivist in nature is just another symptom of the modernist bias against solutions that are suitably ontological and self-activated, not dependent on externality

Evola is the anti-reddit, as he is the anti-Veeky Forums. Dunno where this comes from. People who can talk intelligently about his metaphysics are vanishingly rare, don't take /pol/ as gospel. Politicized interpretations of Evola are a bore.

It isn't. I have no idea why you think posting something like that with an insulting image attached somehow makes this not the case, but magic really isn't real.

>I'm a big dumb faggot from r*ddet
>a
>m
>a

Magic is the science of consciousness. The harnessing of will and belief towards a pre-determined goal. Self-integration at a level beyond the psychologistic models of Maslow, for example.

Why do you hate thinkers you've obviously never read?

fuck off, this is the humanities board. you are the reason why Veeky Forums is shit.
>hey, op here. ama about a philosopher
>ME NO LIKE EVOLA. ME LIKE DAWKINS AND HARRIS ONLY! YOU REDIT. ME GO MAKE WWII THREAD NOW.

I see. Thanks senpai. Having never read him, is it safe to say he doesn't care about political or economic theory at all, just self-actualization?

He has things to say about it, but at the end of the day it's about the self, one man alone in the world and what he can do about it on a level higher than striving for material comforts and security.

bump

>be indifferent to the demon of dialectics

>don't persuade. don't dissuade. say only truth

juliusevola.net/ariyabuddhism/ariyaawaken.html

Say progression and self development is inherent in human nature.
Do you think it's justifiable to reject human nature, and ironically, preventing an almost "natural" mid point in the history of human progression through concepts like transhumanism?

>Say progression and self development is inherent in human nature.
it is. I mean, you’d need to define progression. but self development certainly is.
>transhumanism
not actually self-development or progress.

Evolva is the biggest argument for liberalism. Just look at the aristocratic proto-fascist thought. Batshit crazy ooga booga magic shit, brought about from boredom and the lack of facing any real problems.

Progression is inherent only in the individual, if he is of a certain spiritual type. Collectively, systems tend towards their degeneration, to settle.

He was paralyzed from the waist down half his life. Why do you shittalk people you haven't read?

>liberalism has any arguments
spotted the retard.

>Progression is inherent only in the individual
No it isn't

Like I said, only in a certain type. Get busy living or get busy dying. Most people wallow in stagnation, some spiral down, a select few spiral up.

Where do I start with him?

I started with Fascism Viewed from the Right, which is a good starting point since it deals with politics as opposed to Spirituality and Metaphysics.