Why aren't you starving yourself Veeky Forums?

Why aren't you starving yourself Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E484qiQXxzM
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4684131/
healthiack.com/weight-loss-calculator
youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

YouTube was shilling that stupid fucking video so hard

>He gained chest muscles while not eating anything

Oh vey

I don't want to. I'd be weak and miserable. I fucking love food and I love moving heavier weights. Inb4 never gonna make it etc etc.

>day one of fast
>one fucking day

>lost this much after a 1 day fast

This shit is top clickbait

I'm already skinny, I don't need to lose more weight. What do you think I am, an anorexic man? Any ""man"" that has or ever had anorexia is hardly a man...

that posture is so fucking disgusting looking

>1 day of fast

what the fuck

"day 1" is when he started exercising.
"day 1 of fast" is when he started his water fast weeks to months later.

mines even worse

He looks like he's sucking in. Slightly different angle too. 24 hours into my fast I look quite a bit thinner than right after I eat.

I can't believe I just went to YouTube to watch this but in the video he took the photo on the left in September and then the middle photo (Day 1 Of Fast) 30 days later and right before he went on the 28 day fast.

sucking in gut.

starvation is not a method of becoming fit. report all "water fast" threads it is a troll trying to get people to permanently damage their bodies.

i went from 187 to 143. first 25 days was water fasting.
im weak as shit now tho.

Do people actually think fasting is a way to get fit though? I thought most considered it a way for fatties to get rid of fat before bulking muscle.

Veeky Forumsshills are mad because you can't sell fatpills, thermogenics, diet plans etc... and if fat people are able to fix themselves and correct hormone levels this easily it makes Veeky Forums feel less superior for "making it"

>having energy reserves
>stop eating
>body starts using reserves
>starving
>you

Damn, looks like our boi NFKRZ really made it!

Water fasting just seems like a good way to lose an absolute fuckton of gains, there's no way you aren't losing a considerable amount of muscle along with fat plus getting all kinds of mental clouding.

its fake, look at his hair in the first 2 pics

body us running on ketones after glucose runs out. there is a small bit of protein being used but it goes to near 0 after a while

theres a chart somewhere

there is no reason for yourbody to start burning off protein when there is alot of fat available

now when fat gets low that could be a different story

This interests me as I've gotten myself to a 2/3/4/5 and I've got a good muscle base but I way overbulked and need to lose ~25lbs to hit pure shredded sickcunt status.

I want to believe what you're saying but things that sound too good to be true often are.

If I can reasonably lose that 25lbs on eating nothing and drinking water for a month I'd be all over it but I feel like I'd lose my gains and basically be back at a 1/2/3/4 crying myself to sleep.

Honestly fasting is more for fatties with 30+ bf%, it's probably not good to do when you're already fit. Just have a longer cut cycle.

intermittent fasting is supposed to be flexible. make it work for you. you could fast for 3-4 (the peak of fat and ketone utilization and skip breakfast the rest of the days. or just do 20/4 fasting every day or do full day fasts every otherday

Is this a viable way to lose weight?

absolutely not.

Water fasting is a fucking meme.

Just intermittent fast. It's actually healthy.

Why is it a meme?

With the exception of moderately intense exercise, you're right.

1) It's extremely dangerous to not have access to minerals, vitamins, and essesntial amino acids such as BCAA and protein for an extended period of time (more than a few days)

2) Starving yourself is extraordinarily unhealthy and any government study will back this up

3) It's the tactic of a desperately lazy person

4) It doesn't teach you the value of good diet

5) The video is fibbed massively. He did not lose all that weight in 28 days.

6) It's a fucking meme.

People saying its a fake or its dangerous, watch the video, he goes over the dangers and explains his exercise and the difference between the 3 pictures

It's bullshit.

He claimed he was only doing "light" exercise. I calculated his energy expenditure and he would have to be doing the equivalent exercise of running 25-35 miles PER DAY to burn enough calories to lose that much weight.

>undeniable that he lost that weight in the specified time frame due to video evidence
>selling literally nothing, and not even recommending water fasting to his audience due to even the remotest chance that someone not knowing what they're doing could lead to someone being harmed
>hurr durr he's fucking lying guys!!

It's literally impossible to do that amount of exercise without dropping dead due to exhaustion . He did indeed lose the weight in the 28 days (see videos leading up to the unveil). So there's no other option.

People have been fasting for thousands of years though, and some do it for religious reasons as well. Sure they might not do it for a whole month, but probably at least two weeks.

>selling literally nothing,
He made $15k+ on his video going viral

>It's literally impossible to do that amount of exercise without dropping dead due to exhaustion .
That's why I said it's bullshit and he's lying.

See pic related. He lost 75% more weight than a pro athlete would in the same time period if they were also eating 0 calories daily.

retards, the first pic is when he started dieting and exercising
the second pic is when he decided to fast(like a month or 2 after pic 1)
the third is when he broke the fast

cuz my gains are from lifts and protein, not from starving myself like a teenage girl

You're not in a position to need a full 30 day fast.
You could stand to benefit from shorter cycles like 1-3 days, give or take.

Watch his other videos and see how he loses weight over the 30days on face cam or something ??
Fat people lose weight quicker

How was he to know the video would go viral? From his point of view he could just as easily be completely wasting his time that could otherwise be spent on his gaming videos

youtu.be/E484qiQXxzM You should have linked the video as well.

I lost 5 kg of weight in 10 days of intermediate fasting.

you lose fat fast.
but you also lost lean mass and you will lose your gains.

your muscles become like watter woobly shit if you don't do weight lifghting.

Does it burn fat?
No.

Do you gain weight fast as fuck after fasting?
Yes, you will gain your weight lost in two days.

Does fasting works?
No.

IF is eating all your meals in like an 8 hour span then don't eat anything until the next day right? How would you lose lean mass if you are still maintaining macros?

I'm talking from experience.

you will lose lean mass.
for some stupid BS reason the body thinks you're starving yourself and literally wont burn fat.

Fat people don't use more calories than physics dictates by their height, mass, gender, and activity level.

There are 3 options here:

1) He lied about either his weights or (more likely) the dates

He doesn't have any proof of the dates in the videos and it's easy to schedule videos for upload at a later date

2) He ran 30 miles a day to burn enough calories to supplement his TDEE

3) He violated the laws of physics

Pick one

how did he gain muscles while fasting?

Do you guys reckon a 3-5 day fast is worth it with 20%bf?

still a fucking meme and it's not healthy. It never has been.

he didn't, retard.

Between fucked hormones, salt, and ineffective sleep cycles, fasting can make a world of difference for people who have no idea wtf they're doing.
He may have been on E/C stack too

Fasting is different from IF though, fasting is literally no food its just water. IF you can still eat, plus apparently after 2 weeks or so Autophagy kicks in and you lose stretch marks.

most likely already had the muscles, buried under all the fat

nah, because if you just eat at 1500 it'll go down super fast anyway man.

apparently fasting helps with loose skin

not sure if its bs or not

the body uses up the proteins in the skin so its not as stretched out

As in eating food past 3pm only?

read the sticky you fucking faggot

>there are actually people in this thread who buy into this bullshit
dumber than jelqing.

oh fuck do you mean 1500 calories?
My bad, thought you were talking about eating in a certain timeframe

>doesn't know the meaning of the word meme

finally some common sense

Fuck off, Richard Dawkins.

This has worked and has studies done on it before though.

not for a month straight. Most studies have a person going absolute max for 2 weeks, not to mention there is a preparation week and end week for the process. Even then, the type of weight loss is not entirely fat and also it's not nearly as much as the fatass in the OP lost.

Water fasting is a fucking meme.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/ Water fasted for 382 days, no ill effects. Also this ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4684131/

>losing weight won't save you from looking like a bitch-faced dick lover

Granted that's what that person is, so it makes sense they still look that way

What am I even saying too much caffeine lads

Damn I guess its impossible for people to get haircuts

Because I have muscle mass to lose, unlike that guy.

The body can metabolize about 65kcal of energy from every kilo of fat you have stored.

120kg, 50%BF? That's 3900kcal/day.

85kg, 20%BF? That's 1105kcal/day.

The first guy can water fast for at least a bit without losing much muscle, the second guy will lose a years worth of noob gains in a month.

most retarded thing ive read today

i could never eat at 40% calorie deficit
healthiack.com/weight-loss-calculator

Fasting is not starving though. Starvation occurs after extended periods of no nutrient in take. The point of stored fat is to last for extended periods of time without food. Someone with 30% bf can not eat for a long time and not starve.

Ackshully, fasting for reasonable durations can improve longevity and cognitive functioning. It's unhealthy NOT to fast every once in a while.

>"Intermittent fasting" aka "Say goodbye to gains"

Because being skinny-fat fucking sucks.

One of the most important articles of information in there was "the patient's results were not much different than another who intermittently starved themselves"

Also: EXTREME DOCTOR SUPERVISION. Do you fucking think any of the retards here are going to do that?

language. f-word and r-word

Are you fucking retarded or do you know nothing about human anatomy?

When he was fat the muscles was under the fat.

see

>Not having a fast as fuck metabolism
>Having to fucking abstain from food to make it
LAUGHING SO HARD AT YOU FAGS

>having a fast as fuck metabolism
0/10

t. seething fatty

lul, you're funny.

I actually started a complete water fast today, so far 24h without a single piece of food. I just have a little fat on stomache and ass, nothing bad, but Ive heard alot of good things about fasting (not overdoing it though, dont wanna do a 20day fast, keeping it short, think Ill have my first meal friday evening). If all else fails, I will atleast know how my body reacts to fasting, and knowing if I should do it again or not.

youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE

He talks about full water fast for several days, sometimes even 30+. A doctor

Autophagy is what you're looking for.

0/10

>1:09:22

This is done so people can drive by bullshit and link a video no one is going to watch so they can't be proven wrong

S E E T H I N G

>day 1 of fast

>What is HGH?

Well he also did it for 382 days, I doubt anyone on Veeky Forums or /fat/ is stupid enough to try and attempt it that long with no doctor supervision.

Fasting != starving. Kys degenerate mongoloid.

his claims of weightloss are exceedingly unlikely.

he either:
>lied about the time frame
>lied about the scale numbers

the math just doesn't work out for it in 28 days. if the 51lbs includes the one month workout period prior to the fast that makes it a little more believable, but its still a stretch.

someone 50lbs overweight will drop an easy 7lbs off the scale number in the first 4 days as excess water and sodium are shed from decreased insulin load.

beyond that is fat, and protein. fat will be the largest contributor of weight loss, but at 3500cals/lb thats still a lot of weight to burn through in 28 days.

assuming there was 44lbs of fat loss (51 less water weight) that is still 145,000 calories or 5,500 cals per day in a 28 day fast.

had he fudged the numbers and calculated total weight loss including before the fast thats 44lbs in 58 days or a net loss of 2655 cals per day, much more believable number but still damn near impossible to pull off for a fat fuck.

The truth is his numbers dont add up and he has yet to justify them in any quantifiable way.

furthermore, look at his other videos.
"IF YOU ONLY SEE 3 YOU'RE DYSLEXIC"
"IF YOU CANT READ THIS TEXT YOU ARE..."
"How To Catch A Liar"
"How To go Back In Time (up to 15 seconds)"

the dude is only concerned about clickbaiting and view count. so of course hes going to outright lie about the numbers to gain viewership