Science and faith exclude each other

>science and faith exclude each other
where did this meme came from?

(((Enlightenment)))

1600s Northern, West-Central and Western Europe

It's ironic though, that when I show to scienceians that the effects of spiritual meditations can be empirically verified they turn around and dismiss it as "forcing yourself to believe." So they pretty much limit empiricism to the natural plane.

What do you mean by spiritual?
If only one religion is true, all the other people are just convincing themselves that something is happening to them

Unironically this. Greatest con-spiral ever. Not even fucking joking.

Go on.

>If only one religion is true, all the other people are just convincing themselves that something is happening to them
Why do think that is popular sentiment? most religions don't deny the capability of other faiths to produce results. In Abrahamic religions case, they at worse consider other religions to be demons leading men astray, or might just think of other religions as inferior versions of the true faith. In Dharmic religions they tend take a position "one God with many forms" This shouldn't be confused with a blanket religious pluralism (something westerners erroneously attribute to Eastern faiths), but an acknowledgment that God takes many different forms to many different people. Among Taoic faiths they tend to have the position of "3 teachings in one basket" which is similar to the Dharmic view in most regards. Plus you ignore the significant amount of people with developed heterodox views

Scientists don't deny the benefits of meditation, it's literally in scientific papers. You just assume that somehow means your religion is correct.

There's just no proof for it outside of people's heads, so the reasonable conclusion is that it's just made up nonsense.

From empiricists claiming that their philosophy did not require God in order to operate.

>There's no proof of the universe.

ooooookay.......

Largely from Huxley. As an atheist, he saw a way to bait the Church with Darwin's theories, and was very successful creating the science at war with religion meme.

It's nonsense.

There is nothing about the universe that requires any religion be true.

Except a Creator, of course.

>Jesus is the Son of God because cosmological argument

Hi Jordan.

If you approach the possibility that there's a creator, the idea that it's a giant pentagonal dodecahedron made out of whipped cream is just as logical as it being whatever god you believe in.

Because he proved he was, yes.

....?

Oh. Go clean your room.

Then that's your god. Good luck.

Difference is that I don't worship whipped cream polygons and you are doing something that by your own admission is as ridiculous.

Difference is I have an all powerful loving God and you have, well, nothing.

>that by your own admission is as ridiculous.

I thought it was ridiculous you would think that the universe was created by your whipped cream god, yes. But to each his own.

I have loved ones that are actually real and self improvement based on goals totally grounded in reality.

I said it's just as logical, I didn't say I believed in it. Ask me if I'm surprised that you have trouble grasping basic abstract concepts.

? see . Religions don't as a rule deny the ability of other religions.

It's just so stupid to try to apply the scientific method to the matters of the soul, and our purpose in life.

The scientific method will always fail at getting an answer because it's a deeply emotional question, with variables that are so far away from the materialistic, empirical experimentation that the method purposes that the only answer ever, even with all the data in the universe available, will ALWAYS be "nothing exists".

Spiritual searching through philosophy or religion is another matter completely. And it bothers me that edgy atheists see it as a "lesser" subject than science, when the comparison isn't even relevant.

Whatever, you can choose to be a complete skeptic in the matters of spirituality, but most likely your quality of life will suffer from it, as the fundamental questions don't really go away if you conclude through the method that "I don't know man xD" or "the sky daddy doesn't exist lmao".

Your premise that meditation helping people somehow confirms the supernatural is wrong.

Science doesn't need to be applied to what purpose you should have in life, but it absolutely can be applied to determine the nature of reality, whether there is a certain god or not.

>Science doesn't need to be applied to what purpose you should have in life
It's not that it doesn't need to, it just can't.

>whether there is a certain god or not.
God isn't even supposed to be a material entity. The purpose of a God existing is to answer the fundamental questions and give us an example of what we should strive for, as God is the maximum Good.

I'm of the opinion that gods are real if we believe in them. I see them as psychological norths for we to follow. Tackling the question of gods from the scientific method is getting it wrong

Science is fundamentally empirical. But it deals with corporal matters. Thus it uses corporal senses.
Faith deals with spiritual matter. To apply scientific method (which was it's first purpose as a theological invention) to spiitual matters use spiritual senses namely estimative and memorative powers, sensus communis and imagination.
Fide at ratio

>Whatever, you can choose to be a complete skeptic in the matters of spirituality, but most likely your quality of life will suffer from it, as the fundamental questions don't really go away if you conclude through the method that "I don't know man xD" or "the sky daddy doesn't exist lmao".

I see no answers to "common questions" that can't be answered with agnosticism or atheism.

Which is weird because you're not making a distinction between imagination and reality.

>I see no answers to "common questions" that can't be answered with agnosticism or atheism.
Ok. Tell me what's the purpose of life, what's the purpose of the universe, where we came from and why you do the things that you do rather than nothing

>Which is weird because you're not making a distinction between imagination and reality.
I don't know what you meant by this

>Ok. Tell me what's the purpose of life,

Self-improvement, doing what's best for my loved ones, enjoying life.

>what's the purpose of the universe

There doesn't have to be one.

>where we came from

Our biological ancestors to the first bacterium, which could have arose in a number of ways well within the realm of physics.

>why you do the things that you do rather than nothing

To survive and refer to the first answer.

within the realm of physics and chemistry*

It's the religiousfags that tried to make us take seriously arguments such as "My religion doesn't NEED reason or logic, just faith"

Though it's usually the Protestantcucks that do that

T. Teenager watching decade old atheist experience videos thinking they're revolutionary.

>spend years arguing that science and religion are mutually exclusive
>get called out on it
>"Why are atheist saying Science and Religion are mutually exclusive!"

Really a case of "who smelt it dealt it" don't claim the two are enemies if you don't want people agreeing with you.

It confirms the Wisdom of Ancient Sages, also meditation leads to experiencing the supernatural.