Friendly reminder to ameriburgers that the Brits burned down the White House and the Capitol

Friendly reminder to ameriburgers that the Brits burned down the White House and the Capitol

The same year Napoleon burnt down the Kremlin

STOP FUCKING BURNING CITIES

>Napoleon burnt down the Kremlin
The absolute state of Veeky Forums.

God drove them out of DC.

Do it again

.....who the fuck cares? The building was like what, 5 years old?

DC IS NEXT

:^)

Butthurt mutts care

Ok, when i check the wikipedia list for naval battles in 1812 war, nearly all are US victories.
Now i am genuinely curious how the fuck this happened?
Despite the huge disparity in crew training, naval size and technology, the US BTFOd the fucking royal navy in almost every significant battle
What the shit

>significant battle
The Bongs were using their massive navy to fuck with the French, all the naval battles in 1812 are more like naval duels between Bongs spare ships and USN hence why is all Sloops and Brigs rather than Ships of the Line.

Could you give me an example of an Anglo-French naval battle between 1812 and 1815?

Canada*

War of 1812 is one of those weird "wars", where it just kind of happens and then fades away and people pretend like it didn't happen. There were grievances still left over after the Revolution about who can fish where, who can sail where, etc.

It was ended after both sides realized how silly it all was

>record scratch
>freeze frame
>fast forward 200 years

You're probably wondering how I got all these US military bases built in the United Kingdom. Well, it all started when...

>Americans think the War of 1812 matters

*sips tea*

Remember when the entire British force got fucked by a tornado.

It was good times. Brits burned down the White House and my ancestor slayed some Brits with Andrew Jackson and the people who were loyalists during the Revolution got their chance to shit on the US a bit.

>Canada
NONONONONONONONONONONONO
NO-hohohohooo
Sorry bucko Canada didn’t exist, those were redcoats

Most Americans probably have no idea it even exists, and the ones that do care enough to know about it realize it wasn't important

but the really smart people realize it was important in the long run of deciding trade rights and both nation's futures in the western hemisphere

It’s only talked about briefly
>brits conscripting american sailors
>oy dad fuck off
>no
>burns capital
>burns canadian parliament
>alright fine
>Jackson gets one last W in n’orleans because nobody told them the war was over

Could they please consider an encore on the capital?

DO IT AGAIN BRITANNIA

The soldiers weren't even from Canada, they were shipped in from Great Britain itself. Canada's claim to burning DC is fucking pathetic, it would be like Americans taking credit for kicking Spain's ass in 1588.

And then America and Russia are burning down the modern world with fascism.

It's pottery

>world's largest empire fights a newly formed backwater
>burns down a recently built mansion in the middle of nowhere
>can't win and has to relent and stop impressment of american soldiers anyway
le ebic british win

>world's largest empire
>in 1812

AKSHUALLY

>we'll never actually discuss the War of 1812

Freedom always wins baby

>America
>Fascist
Sure thing Lefty/pol/

t. butthurt britmutt

The Queen Mother (peace be upon her) is dead, brainlet.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This.

>hurr Britain was the greatest empire in the world during the American revolutionary war

It was 3rd at best.

23:59:09
23:59:08

what

Seven Years War definitely mattered more.

>he doesn't know how to time travel

The capitols of the 20th century superpowers burned down by the superpowers of the 19th, huh.

Gook moot is fucking with the flux capacitor again