What's your bottom line for an impressive deadlift?

what's your bottom line for an impressive deadlift?

something that if you saw someone do it you'd actually have some respect for them.

OP here, probably like 500ish lbs is good enough. my PR is 565

Obv depends on weight of person.
Anything over 1.5x body weight is respectable in my book.

Respect and impressive are 2 different things

>respect
405, because literally anyone can achieve this if they put the work in.

>impressive
600+ deads

how much is that guy lifting?

I have really short arms and hate deadlift with all my heart, a very strong guy once told me that so long as I was putting in honest work and progressing that I was doing good and ought to be proud of myself.

i think he was just trying to be a smarmy CUNT about it because he's a monkey armed fuck that pulled 140kg for fahve the first time he tried

405 for respect

i'm a monkey armed fuck and pulled in the 500s in high school

it's no secret different people are built well for different lifts, he probably struggles with his bench and squat like I do

forgot to include impressive tier

500+ is impressive to me, especially if the guy is lean

As with most others, 4pl8 is respectable. 3pl8 for a girl. I'd say about 6pl8 to be impressive (at a reasonable bodyweight) and 7pl8+ as holy shit tier. My current max is around 515 if it gives you any reference.

6'3 with 6'6 wingspan but im struggling DLing past 175 kgs for 1. im FUCKING grinding it but damn

200kg+ is the baseline for a deadlift.
This makes no sense as you can neither respect twinks nor manlets anyway.

>i'm a monkey armed fuck a
> struggles with his bench and squat like I do

Are you me user? I got back on a solid program and I pulled 405 for 5 reps last Friday after 2 months, but I an barely do 5 reps of 225 on bench.

Personally, I'm impressed by 4pl8s and up

>515 kilos
holy shit are you brian shaw

405 for respect, minimum. I'm a DYEL and I can do it. So can you.

>3pl8: This person actually tries at deadlifts
>4pl8: nice
>5pl8: impressed
>6pl8+: serious lifter / powerlifter mode

>DYEL
>4pl8 DL

Veeky Forums's dysphoria on full display

this is the only logical post in this thread

Whatever the next half or full plate jump past my current max is. It never ends.

Ha, fair point. But I do have what this board would consider a DYEL/manlet physique. 5'10" and a little over 170.

routine, diet? i can probably help

i'm a more extreme version of you, i deadlifted 500 long before I ever benched 225 as a 1rm

that's why i'm sympathetic to people with shitty deadlift leverages, because i know their frustrations just on a different lift

Proper form. Weight doesn't count. A week ago there was a qtpie clean deadlifting 2pl8s for 5 reps with excellent form; a skelly lifted the same a month ago with perfect form and with double pronated hands. Way more respectable and impressive than try-hard faggots lifting mixed grip 200 kg with a belt yet flexing their spine during the lift, roaring and once they drop dead the barbell after they've "locked" it; even worse if some beta bro is recording them for some insta-shit

are you that DYEL that posts deadlift threads where you insist only DOH no chalk no belt counts

because i've seen boardshorts beat you into submission like 10x and you still haven't lerned

@42422160
No, I barely post on this cess pit any more. I used to filter all tripfaggots since forever so I can't guess what you're referring to. Flexing your spine in the middle of lift is inane, even more if you're using a belt. Chalk is perfectly fine and it's what I use for all my deadlifts.

Quite accurate

>@42422160

dawg

>quints
impressive
a little wasted tbhfam

FUCK

I DIDNT MEAN IT

6'3, 205 lbs
22 y/o
diet is 3500 kcal 50 carbs 25 protein 25 fats
routine is

ULxPPLx

U:
Bench 5x3x1
OHP 5x3x1
Rows 3x5
Weighted Pullups 3x5
Shrugs
Ab Wheel
Neck Curl

L:
Deadlift 5x3x1
Squat 5x3x1
Stiff Legged DL 3x5
Calf Raises
Hanging Leg Raises
Cable Crunches
Neck Bridge

Push:
Bench Volume (90% of that weeks max, either 5x5, 8x3, or 10x2)
OHP Volume
Dips
Lateral Raises
Viking press with calf raise machine
Ab Wheel
Neck Curls

Pull:
Deadlift Volume
Rows 3x8
Pullups/Chins 3x8/3x5
Shrugs
Cable Crunches
Neck Bridge

Legs:
Squat Volume
Front Squat holds 3-4 sets of 15 seconds with 80 percent of back squat weight
Glute Thrusts
Calf Raises
Ab Wheel
Neck Curls

sometimes I do 1 strongman movement to end my workout out of Yoke Walk/Farmers Walk/Prowler

also might go back to doing bjj/mma and will probably lift same day. and if I dont gain weight like I am now ill probably go up to 4k kcals.

most my lifts are going up slowky/steadily.

my wife told me my issue is that I cant hinge at the hip but at my "tail bone" like ive got a second hip a bit above. ive tried many things but its hard to help

man that routine looks like a total clusterfuck, lots of questionable exercise selection and it looks like shit was just thrown together at random. this is one of those rare cases (on Veeky Forums anyway, where most people train too minimally) where your volume and exercise selection is excessive, you would benefit from jumping on a proven program

if increasing your DL is a goal, I would pull twice a week, once with conventional DL and the other day focused on a variation that addresses your particular sticking point

you could use the 5/3/1 progression on Day 1 along with joker sets, maybe throw in RDLs and rows as an accessory on that day, and on Day 2 do deadlifts to the knee (paused at knee for a second) which should help address your issues with setup

anyone doing 3x bodyweight

How is it a clusterfuck though?
I feel like Im doing each movement along with accessories, along with maxing and volume days.
I already do joker sets, too.
Ive done SS, a TM routine, and 5/3/1 BBB, and smolov.
this is the first time I feel like ive had consistent gains aside from DL other than smolov, but all my smolov squat gains left after i stopped it

I only DL 365, so anyone that maxes that or higher is doing fine by me.

Highest dead lift I've witnessed in person is 5 plates I think.

wrong

2.5x BW is the minimum. an 80kg person deadlifting 2.5pl8 isn't impressive, but if he was deadlifting 200kg, that is.

you can't go by bodyweight multipliers at all actually, because a 135lb person deadlifting 338lbs is not impressive

and Benedikt Magnusson when he pulled 1015 for the WR would only be pulling slightly over 2.5x BW

go by deadlift Wilks if anything