/fitlit/ general

I FUCKING MISS /fitlit/ FUCK

What are you

>lifting
>reading

Currently still trying to steadily gain weight on SS. Sucking down shake after shake and hating food. Can do 10 bodyweight pull ups but am squatting my bodyweight for reps. Skeleton life.

Still chewing through Infinite Jest. Have kept a log of all the words I'm learning and will commit them to memory after finishing the book. My favorite word I've learned so far is "mucronate" meaning terminating in an abrupt point, as a leaf.

Veeky Forums 6
Veeky Forums 7

Other urls found in this thread:

strengthstandards.co/
symmetricstrength.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

infinite jest is entry level, read Proust

>infinite jest is entry level

then what better place to start?

7:7

Veeky Forums 8
Veeky Forums 7

Im a 4 for both fit and lit. I should probably stop being such a loser

7:4
yikes

Is there a guide or study somewhere that shows how strong the 'average' person is? I have a feeling that it would be pretty pathetic by gym standards

This is really stupid. "Has read group the western canon" zzzzzz nope

Lit is gay

Also 6,7 medecore race.

Currently reading Texas rules of evidence for my final on Tuesday but can't stop watching deadlift form videos. As far as real books, meditations, beyond good and evil, and neuromancer are what I'll get back to reading after Tuesday if the new semester and work don't plow me a new one.

Fit - 6
Lit - 8

I wish I started my physical gains back when I got into lit gains.

LUNK ALARM LUNK ALARM WEE WOO

strengthstandards.co/

symmetricstrength.com/

A leaf tapers you fucking dolt

Don't suck down shakes. In skelly mode you'll do much better if you track your macros, gauge your TDEE and get it all from food.

I also fell for the infinite jest meme. It's been a couple of years since I've read it. These fucking postmodern authors and their god damn tomes half of which is completely irrelevant inane banter. I read something else of David Foster Wallace's shortly after reading infinite jest but it's been so long I can't remember what it was. I remember liking it better.

If I had to choose between reading Gravity's Rainbow or Infinite Jest again I'd probably commit Japanese Ritual Suicide.

Don't fall for the post modern memes. They're advanced books in terms of structure, writing, ideology but frankly without some exposure to modernism and a healthy background in reading you miss out on the "conversation" that is essentially the evolution of writing and a lot of it ceases to make sense.

I'm not one of those "stick to the classic" shitlords but they're a great place to start to build a strong foundation and hopefully learn to enjoy reading. If you can't learn to enjoy struggling through a book, building a progressively more complete idea of the authors intent then it's hard to read books like Inifinte Jest or postmodernism in general.

Sorry for the rant.

I've been lifting for about 8 months and am struggling to break free of DYEL mode. I haven't had much of a chance to read in the last year or so because of work but I used to read several hours a day.

5:5
> d-does manga count?

>t. retard

>Don't suck down shakes. In skelly mode you'll do much better if you track your macros, gauge your TDEE and get it all from food.

Shakes are food, just blended up. The only difference between eating a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of greek yogurt vs drinking a shake is the ease with which you can consume it.

I also wouldn't call Deef postmodern; a lot of his shit is a critique of postmodernism in the same vein as Don Delilo's White Noise.

I agree about having a foundation in modernism but it was just sitting on my shelf taunting me so I decided to tackle it.

Post benchmarks

>Veeky Forums
1: Terri Schaivo
2: James from my 600lb. life
3: Boogie
4: That FtM people post webms of doing squats in the smith machine
5: -
6: Average starting brosplitters
7: Average Veeky Forumsposter
8: Clarence
9: Rich Piana
10: Phil Heath

>Veeky Forums

1: Here be retards
2: Average kid on xbox live AKA /v/ poster
3: Samuel J. Hyde
4: Floyd Mayweather
5: -
6: Average Redditor
7: Average Veeky Forumsfag
8: Booktubers e.g. Better than Food
9: Harold Bloom
10: George Bernard Shaw

i think 6 is more like the average Veeky Forums poster

if you look at the posts here, nobody's trained for more than a year

that's true

i should change it to average Veeky Forums oldfag or something

7 for fit, 4 for lit.

OP here

I know the scale is a little strange so let's say Pitchfork style is acceptable.

In that case I'd be

>Veeky Forums 5.5
>Veeky Forums 7.2

>8: Booktubers e.g. Better than Food
Literally and unironically kill yourself

>Sam Hyde on the list

nothing about that list was unironic but i guess your to unintelligent to realize that :)

stupid meathead faggot get off this board

Anyone read oblomov?

7:7. I'm pretty happy with that.

>7:7

you're either lying (to yourself) or you're on the path to self-actualised Ubermensch. If the latter, congratulations.

3.8:7.6

>3.8

fatfag?

Veeky Forums: I'd be a 9 if I cared about strength
I lift and consciously moderate my diet for; health, preservation, efficiency and safety
Gimme a 6.5 for being too weak or too small, I don't care.

Veeky Forums: 6
I've got better things to do with my time than read non-religious non-political fiction.

>Modernism
>Falling for CIA "perception management"
Absolutely disgusting.
Rather watch paint dry.

>The only difference between..
What is GI?
What is caloric density?

Phil Heath a 10?
That's a bit unattainable for this scale, you'd need something logarithmic.
Rich Piana is monstrosity and not in a good way.

>this guy

>this fucking guy right here

>I lift and consciously moderate my diet for; health, preservation, efficiency and safety
Gimme a 6.5 for being too weak or too small, I don't care.

cringe

>Fit: 6
>Lit: 8

Getting a good Veeky Forums score is harder than a good Veeky Forums score. So long as you went to a decent college, your Veeky Forums cred is guaranteed.

same my negger
jealous of your 8, but ill get there

>So long as you went to a decent college, your Veeky Forums cred is guaranteed.

Yeah but if you went to a 4 year sports conservatory you'd have a Veeky Forums 8

6 /fit
5 /lit, but well read in technical engineering science

but my writing skills are fucking bomb, far far above average, what does that make me

it would probably up your Veeky Forums score or something

>tfw used to be a 7 /fit but had a motorcycle accident and can't even do a pullup anymore

a shitty liar

real talk during my degree i learned that ppl have shit writing skills, i'll dm u a report i wrote for a finite element model i made

6-7 as well. Will be a solid 8-8 in a year or two

7-8

On my way to patrician as we speak lads

8 Veeky Forums 5 Veeky Forums

I need to step my brain game up

bordering on philosopher king mode

if you read 20 pages a day that's over seven thousand pages a year.

fit 8
lit 5
I've never been into reading. I was always more interested in writing, and speaking.
I've been lifting for years, so 8 in Veeky Forums is a given, but books never really interested me.
I was always more fascinated by writing. I never liked writing stories though, ever since English in high school, I've loved writing documentary-styled articles about the behaviour of people and how they live their lives.
I really should read more desu, but I just play vidya with my friends whenever they're online, or when I'm not working/on call.
My main hobby outside of of /vidya/ with the lads is music production; I love making music.

Yeah. 210 pounds on 5'7".

>i'll dm u a report i wrote for a finite element model i made

>dm u

sent ;)

what stupid metrics. Veeky Forums really is retarded.

post better ones or get the fuck out

This is autistic. How can a powerlifter or bodybuilder be more Veeky Forums than, say, a top-tier UFC fighter? I think it says a lot about this board's understanding of fitness.

Can we get some more of those bard stories going?

7:7 feelsokayiguessman

Muhammad Ali is also a 10

god it's almost like people with autism are inable to extract meaning from incomplete data sets

me

>bard stories

elaborate?

Currently reading Hard's "Diogenes the Cynic" and I definitely recommend it if you want to read about a philosopher who ran out of fucks to give and didn't afraid of anything

Diogenes was a real 1

Probably around a 7:7. Most recent books I read were Frankenstein, the myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus, basic economics by Thomas sowell, and the book of five rings by miyamoto musashi. Am now about to read practical psychology and the culture of courage by Frank Channing haddock. Only just getting back into lifting due to injuries but the muscle memory is real and i could throw the average guy around relatively easily so probably just hitting a low seven for both

That was that cunt what lived in a barrel and gave shit to people. Lol.

i wish you a speedy recovery and hope you achieve Philosopher King status soon.

8:4
idc about reading tho its a waste of time

kek brainlet bitch kid

5:8

What does literacy have to do with brain function?

gee i dunno i mean after all you read by using your pecs right?

6:8

Thanks, English/Poli Sci degree. Aurelius' meditations for most Veeky Forums book

6/7
Didn't expect to be more Veeky Forums than Veeky Forums

6/8
9 isn't realistic to achieve. You might have passing knowledge about a wide range of topics but depth is more important than width and it makes you pretty boring to talk about books with because you'll always be the one asking questions to people who go hardcore into specific eras/texts. You also can't know every word in the English language, so that's dumb.

I know it's a meme chart, but 9 Veeky Forums is achievable and so is 10, theoretically. Lit scale needs more attainable goals.

i don't get this stupid image

it's easy as fuck to get to 7
and why would you want to be an 8 or above, that's autism level dedication

My entire life was that of a fat/lit.

Trust me, there is nothing in lit. I am very well educated and it is useless claptrap. You reach a point where you are tired of taking in useless information. There is just no point in the time it takes to absorb information that serves no use but to make you sound smart at parties about subjects no one cares about or wants to discuss.

If you want to learn, learn skills. Demand everything is useful. I just wasted so much time reading useless shit, and it only attracts neurotic people anyways.

>6 average redditor
Being awful generous to yourself eh champ?

I am more /fitsci/

4:7
6:8 is my goal in 6 months, 8:9 is my eventual goal because spending that much time on either will leave me deficient in other areas of life. Also there is a massive jump between 6 and 7 on the Veeky Forums side. It doesn't even make sense.

1:1

I don't understand why the books/authors need to be specific. I understand fiction vs. Non-fiction, but reading Kafka vs thucydides vs neurochemistry are all viable. I guess I'm just trying to justify my focus reading on history in antiquity, historical linguistics, and information security.

Anyways:
Fit: 7, I've been lifting for more then 2 years but definitely not the strongest in the gym
Lit: 7 or 8, depending on how the book topics I mentioned above count.

6:6

Reading is for fags

8 & 8

I alternate between reading for pleasure and literature/non-fiction. Since the later takes longer the time split is about 20/80 even if it's a 800 pages doorstopper vs a 200 page classic.

History is a favorite, because to understand any kind of social or political commentary you need to understand the times. Kneejerk reactions are for the uneducated

>Veeky Forums 7.5 or 8
>Veeky Forums 5

6/5
trying to improve

3:6 (Now I'm feelin so fly like G6)
I've just begun working out again after dieting down a bit from my highest weight. I'm still morbidly obese, and maybe should be giving myself a 2 since I effed up my quads the other day, they're improving but I'm still a bit gimpy.
I read trash most of the time and struggle with anything lengthy and literary.

Die

>t. soyboy

>7:3
I didn't learn to read until I was 10 years old, I don't like books. But I'm multilingual (tree languages) and at least I can read shitty in all of them.

Infinite Jest is a fucking meme

6:6
Working towards becoming at least 7:8 by the end of next year.

6/fit/
8/lit/

>itt lets give ourselves arbitrary numbers to make us feel better about ourselves
>looking at a number and instantly feeling superiority over another person.
y'all

more like

>let's get people to bump the thread by posting their numbers meanwhile the patricians have discussions

I can actually be considered retarded and I have a better overall score than you. Think about that.

>7/7

The chart is unbalanced and there is wall at 7/7 jumping to 8/8.

I bet most of the fit have at least 1-2 years of lifting experience, yet being the strongest guy in the gym requires taking sterons and being a chad.

Most of the people read for pleasure and if you have finished any kind of education you can tick 7 on a lit scale easily. However working through the "western canon" takes years of dedicated reading for which most of us at the age of 20-30 are simply too young.

Veeky Forums7
Veeky Forums5
i dont have the attention span to read books

>Lifts
BW - 175lbs

Bench: 265x5
OHP: 180x5
Squat: 325x5 (Not great, I know)
Deadlift 415x5

So I guess Veeky Forums 7?
I'd be 8 if it wasn't for these two massive guys that I see at the gym all the time that are the only people I've seen outlift me at my gym.

>Reading
Currently working through Plotinus and rereading some of Plato's dialogues. Just finished Siddhartha, Man's Search for Meaning, Stoner, The Iliad, the Odyssey, and Chesterton's Heretics on a long family vacation. Once the semester starts I'll be reading through a bunch (5 for each class I think, 10 total) of Modern political philosophy and contemporary works on metaphysics.

I'd say Veeky Forums score is 8.
Been working my way through the canon in a structured manner for about a year now - probably have a few years to go but it's moving.

Veeky Forums 7
Veeky Forums 8

Master in Philosophy and started training my first year of uni. Got smart and swole at the same time.

Where does playing Planescape Torment and enjoying it put me on the Veeky Forums scale?

6 / 5, come at me?