/btcpol/ - Bitcoin Politics General

Previous Thread: Bitcoin S2X fork due to happen on block 494784. Current block is 493561. 10 min per block estimate gives 12230 min, or 203.83 hour, or 8.49 days.
segwit2x.github.io/segwit2x-announce.html

Discussion about the upcoming fork, BC1 (Bitcoin 1MB), BC2 (Bitcoin 2MB), BCH (Bitcoin Cash) and everything related.

Headlines:

Bitcoin Core Developers Threatening PoW change
reddit.com/r/btc/comments/7b1ih0/cobrabitcoin_i_just_published_there_may_be_3/

Core memes
twitter.com/morcosa/status/927517228358094849
>We decide what BTC is, not the market.

To B2X or Not to B2X: How Exchanges Will List the SegWit2x Coin
bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/b2x-or-not-b2x-how-exchanges-will-list-segwit2x-coin/

Help with splitting your coins:
blog.bitmex.com/segwit2x-b2x-hardfork-protect-potentially-profit-part-1-split-coins/

Current Hashpower concensus
coin.dance/blocks

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
/btcpol/ - Bitcoin Politics General | 493561
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
19Q4c29Qg8L9novNZcDyRFNYodDkDkRRfF
ILTj8XS8MiuvI7Z9Dfc6UMAuDDthemFjOFPamzd2cfJeM/YhG7lYseyJJngJBxgbBTRsohiMxV/Xmn2mcMZqdb4=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

News:

Current state of Bitcoin: Bitcoin is not a currency anymore: Core supporters are: user doesnt know PoW: Segwit works: Increasing blocksize works for spam purposes: Core brought us to where we are now: Yes: S2X is a jew scam: Mandatory Core Shilling: user runs a btc1 node: Segwit VS. Blocksize Increase: We reached the limit (moore's law):

How decentralized BCH is:

Fork your mother if you want fork

BUMP

(((Segwit))) is a fraud. BCH is the only chain that will matter, nodes need rewards. 8MB is cheap af to maintain. Scaling was never an issue with bitcoin.

GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW

developers are the issue.

so does everyone magically double their money after fork or not?

no only one can survive because there is no replay protection so whatever ends up more profitable to mine will eat the other.

Some people say this is therefore the perfect storm for bch whales to dump there btc for bch and cause the flippening. It is interesting they will fix the bch eda just before the 2x fork

Unlikley. One chain will win the other will die is the most likely scenario.

BUMP

Anyone who is holding a large amount of BTC getting scared yet?

Cause you fucking should be. BTC is about to die and it is barely being talked about.

I'm not scared. Whatever happens in the fork, whatfuckingever, it will just make bitcoin stronger.

deluded bitcoiners

I need help understanding something:
Roger very claims 0-comf Bitcoin transactions can be relied upon because RBF has been removed. however, if the block size fills up again at 8mb, and I send a transaction with 0 fee will it be stuck in mempool forever? Can that be relied upon?

Whatever happened to Bitcoin Gold? Did that ever happen? Are they still without their own blockchain or what? lmao

I dumped the "BTG" listed on Binance into oblivion and got some free money so I'm not complaining but what actually happened?

nah nothing happened.

No, there have been discussions already about incorporating a certain percentage of zero fee txs and it will most certainly be implemented before the blocks get to capacity like the other retards have allowed...

We will laugh our way to the bank

T. BCH whale convert

The project mined like 0.4% of BTG so they're well funded for the coming years. More news this month. Bitcoin of the people will moon one day. I pity all the fools who dumped theirs for pennies

That chart is the same green line for the same fucking core bitcoin just like it will be after Segwit2X. Muh bitcoin core is dead scammers are just trying to fomo BCH bags on you that got dumped on them by two other scammers, Tweeka and Tone Deaf Redditors / Youtubers who are convicted felons and banned from Securities.

What does the past have to do with anything going on right now? This year was the first time the mempool started becoming full, causing slow and expensive transactions. It is now the first time there is a serious threat to bitcoin FROM THE INSIDE.

Quints and btc will be 10k by christmas

cloose

Core memes
>We decide what BTC is, not the market.

all you have to do is read the rest of the tweets to prove how bullshit you are OP.

I haven't kept up with bitcoin news for a few weeks. What happened to that bitcoin gold? fork thing on October 25th?

Why did you sign that thing with a wallet address containing zero bitcoin?
I think that should serve as a way of picking the better general to post in.

what do you mean?

OP signed "/btcpol/ - Bitcoin Politics General | 493561"
with the wallet 19Q4c29Qg8L9novNZcDyRFNYodDkDkRRfF

It has a balance of 0 BTC

ye ye, I signed the message to prove i was the last thread's op.

works just like a tripcode.

I meant that it'd make for better proof if you had some bitcoin in that wallet.
Show that you're not just some yahoo.

ehhh, why would I show my funds to you. I specifically chosen an empty address for this

So we know you're not some LARPing nocoiner.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
For I8rZnLjM user
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1NiXiEtubEZzGKBscBokEUtds7hmeLrpUi
G/xm7cBtZnGDAM53vWdhjaWz0AHcJnnE+X5w/XrNETpOUSX2xycFTg9xesYoWWdLP86ex5gUcACpviEEaK+wmrE=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Neat.
I suggest using that to sign the next OP. (then sign that using the old address)

will fix in the next thread.

>democracy