Why should I do squats when I can just do machine leg exercises instead, Veeky Forums...

Why should I do squats when I can just do machine leg exercises instead, Veeky Forums? So I'm at risk of fucking up my back in process?

Stabilizers

/thread

You're right. Go do machine exercises and leave Veeky Forums

irrelevant for hypertrophy
this

>irrelevant for hypertrophy
have fun have irregularly large quads and oddly small hips
just do paused squats if you body build

sure, just do leg press and hamstring curls, if you don't feel like squating. Also, try bulgarian split squats

I only do leg press, leg curl, and deadlifts for legs. Never liked squats. Don't do them if you don't want to

>Why should I do squats

Lol why even be a man when you can put on a dress and prance around like a little girl?

Some machines will fuck you up more than squats, e.g. leg extensions and the force they put on your patella in concentric phase.

Also - you risk nothing with proper form.

Chad-Tier program in pic related.
>strength composites + aesthetic isolation accessories
>AcBcAxxBcABxx with c = cardio day
>best look, best health, perfect compromise

That's some hot garbage right there. You can only do this if you're lifting light weight.

old explain

*plz explain

Small hips are aesthetic.

Because squats boost T.

And is all you care about getting big? What about mobility flexibility and coordination? Ever care to do the olympic lifts for their benefits? Have to be able to deep squat m8.

- Doing 10 exercises a workout is going to be sub-optimal in terms of efficiency. You will be lifting more for endurance than strength or hypertrophy because of the lower weight needed to complete those sets. You don't need that many accessories per workout if you push harder on compounds which already activate the muscles

- Once you actually get strong, lifting multiple heavy compounds per workout is not sustainable, since your CNS is going to be taxed. So you are basically gimping your progression on compounds by doing this. For exmaple, if I hit 3x8 of 2pl8 bench, then 3x5 of 3pl8 squat (which would already be fucking rough post BP), 1x5 of ~4pl8 deadlift is going to kill me. Better to spread the compounds out and alternate.

Here's my current routine as a contrast.

Dang. What if sets are 5 rep?

You mean if the sets in your routine are only 5 reps? Still no. You don't need 10 exercises per workout.

What are you maxes on OHP, BP, SQ and DL and body weight?

Bro they are low. Do you L.P. on that workout? and what's your weekly workout schedule? LLPLLPx?

I don't really keep a strict routine. Depends on life commitments, I'll aim to do Push Pull Legs 3 each times per fortnight. Did 21/31 days in July. At 7/8 so far in August.

Oh and in terms of linear progress, no. I'm taking a pretty loose, intuitive view of things atm cause of cutting. If I feel strong, I push myself. If not, I just scale back slightly.

Serious squatting question. I've been steadily pounds on my squat lately and recently went for a long uphill hike and run and now have leg soreness on the side and knee twinges/pain.

Am I fucked

Core's irrelevant or hypertrophy? Lol, okay.