Will deadlifting and squatting without a belt make my waist thicker or is that just a meme?

will deadlifting and squatting without a belt make my waist thicker or is that just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CyLgClmzTYU
t-nation.com/training/tip-avoid-these-waist-widening-exercises
youtube.com/watch?v=_xdOuqokcm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its a fucking meme retard

depends on your genetics and how much you eat

ok sry

Your obliques will be activated more.

It probably won't do anything.

if you are going to obsess over small waist so much, might as well stop lifting right now. Small waists are gay and I mean it.

are u autistic small waists are aesthetic

>exercise core muscles
>expect them not to grow
???

Nah. Even if you used a belt your tva is being activated when you deadlift or squat heavy.

Holy fuck look at those twig legs looks like they might snap any second

>t. fat ass

calves are the biggest meme muscle, all genetics and how the muscle insert sits, pic is larry wheels world record holder and even his calves are small.
fuck people with calves all of them are fucking assholes thinking theyre acting like its proof they train legs FUCK THEM REEEEEE

How's obesity going dude?

Best thing I ever did for calves was running and sprinting as a 200lb dude.

im 220lbs and play soccer and bball 4 times a week

If you're worried about not having a good shoulder to waist ratio, you should worry about being a fatass first, then having no shoulders second.

If you think any type of oblique work is going to make you lose a taper, you're just fat.

There is an incredibly small chance that you have such unfortunate genetics that you end up looking like ye golem.

my tits, vagina, and ass? get away from me, pervert!

Best thing I ever did for calves was fucking your son's tender butt.

squats and deadlifts dont build abs dumdum

Its just small calves nigga

I'm p sure deadlifts do

das my dawg

If you are under 6'2" yes, it will thicken your waist.
If you are over 6'2" yes, no one will notice.

yu poor qt com over here and il giv yu som of granny's tummy rubs ta slim yu down

not the guy you arguing with, but the abs and obliques have a pretty low activation when DL or squatting. direct ab work will get you way more activation and hypertrophic response.

Yes, it's my spine alone that's keeping me from buckling in two during squats and deadlifts.

do a decent weight on front squats and tell me how your abs feel, buddy.

ur the retard stupid fucking fat powerlifter cuck using belt to hold ur weak gut in then claim it makes ur core stronger rofl

squat with proper convential form you will thicken you waste. However, do you joke yourself. Make sure you progress with good form, especially if you are tall. Neutral spine and a tight back will do wonders for your waist size. DO NOT IGNORE SQUATS!!!! the are also essential. seriously, low bar squats are no joke, they will make you strong.

dyel

Squats work your abdominals if you do enough weight. Atleast the parts that help keep you stabilised. And besides abs are mostly due to diet/genetics.

How to trigger fit 101

>mixed grip
doesn't count

Well meme'd

The belt allows you to activate more of your core, actually.

Then your calves should be juicy from jumping and sprinting gains. And your hip abductors and adductors should be really strong.
Trips don't lie user, but you must be really short to have to tiptoe while fucking my imaginary son. Get a step stool to really get in there deep.
Sup nigga, where my thicc running boys at

I seriously hope you don't mix grip. If you're doing grip training on a side and/or you're interested in training your posterior chain only, use straps.

Mixed grip, not even once.

I'm currently doing mixed grip. However, when I warm up to my working sets I do the reverse as I normally would. What's so bad about mixed grip?

Google bicep tears on YouTube. The majority are mixed grip deadlifts.

>I'm not just doing mixed grip, I'm switching mixed grip
even worse.
>What's so bad
Everything. Shoulder asymmetries and strain for pecs and biceps.Even professionists switch to mixed grip training only when they're next to a competition.

Holy shit that looks rough. Seems that it can be prevented with proper form though.
I'm switching to make sure I train both sides. So that the asymmetries will be negligible.
What if I warm up using double overhand then mixed grip for working sets? Would that be better than reversing the grips?

>even worse

wow this

i see people recommending switching of the supinated hand to prevent imbalances, but that's just asking for a bicep tear due to 1. subtle differences in form depending on which hand is supinated and 2. less specific adaptation of the supinated side bicep tendon

youtube.com/watch?v=CyLgClmzTYU

i don't think the imbalances stuff is really that big of a deal personally, i mixed grip for many years and never switched hands and don't have any imbalances, but i think straps + specific grip training is probably the way to go

why am I the only one that uses the diamond bar for deadlifting. am I doing the retarded thing that no one else thinks is normal or something. I'm not usually that guy

Thanks for the video, very informative. I will stop fucking around with grip and stick with my usual mixed.

>and I'll stick with my suboptimal way
Some people can't be helped.

I was made aware of the risks of mixed grip and how to prevent it. In a way you guys have helped me.

>and how to prevent it
You prevent it using fucking straps when chalk isn't enough.
You're only preventing additional fuckery.

If you aren't using H O O K grip you a pussy

enjoy your insensitive thumbs

>tits, vagina, and ass
>current year
>not being a twink and having a feminine penis
Sad.

Hey fuck you retard

small waists are twink mode

Hex deadlift isn't quite a squat and isn't quite a deadlift.

They are boss, though. You see pro-athletes doing them over deadlifts now because less risk of back injury.

Hey what the fuck? Anyone know this faggot? You're in for a world of hurt buddy boy

kek
are you memeing?

Here's a short article that answers the question.

>t-nation.com/training/tip-avoid-these-waist-widening-exercises

You should be ashamed for asking such a stupid question

>feminine
>penis
user, I...

its a MEME

youtube.com/watch?v=_xdOuqokcm4

doing direct ab training will thicken your core more than deadlifts or squats