QTDDTOT - skellymode edition

Reminder that we're all going to make it

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
youtube.com/watch?v=egwb-cOdYGE
runnersworld.com/tools/calories-burned-calculator
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cold or hot therapy for joint paint (shoulder and knee)?

What should I be working on with pic related? Have restarted stronglifts three times over the last 1 1/2 years due to semester breaks and diet but now I have a home gym as well (uni in diff state) am restarting stronglifts with no intention of fucking up again

Pain*

When I squat, I really only feel my right quad and a little bit of my right glute activating. I try to push with the same force in both legs, but I feel like my left side never really does much. What do?

I lost all strength in the middle of my workout and couldn't even do a push up
How do I prevent this in the future

I got deep calf pain, i feel the most after squatting.

What could be the reason?

>pic related, it's kinda hard to tell where it hurts because it extends a lot

>go to sleep at 9pm
>wake up at 1 and for some reason am restless so can't sleep again till 3:30
>wake up for good at 11am, tired and automatically pessimistic

How to fix this lads?

Dont train to failure

The gym at my university will be closed for who knows how long due to maintenance. At the moment, I can't afford a gym membership. However, I do have in my house a set of 35lb dumbbells. What can I do with those in the meantime?

Is whey protein a good idea? Does it actually provide any benefits? Should I be taking it?

literally the same movements you were doing at the gym, but replace em with the dumbbells?

is a routine that's
>one core compound movement, and around 3-5 accessories/isolations
>5 days a week, Mday - Fday
>Upper body, Lower Body, Upper, Lower, and finally Upper again
a good idea? seems to me it's not enough volume and not a good idea to say, squat/deadlift once per weak nor is it a good idea to do back stuff like lats/rows the day before/after doing shoulder work with OHP and delt isolation
but I don't really know what else to do. I can't do full body 3x a week since it takes too long and I don't think I can just do two compound and actually get stronger
should I switch to a popular PPL/UL split and be done with it?

You sleep from 9pm to 11am?

is 12%bf a good point to lean bulk?

>Does it actually provide any benefits?
If you're not getting enough protein, then yes it is useful.

>Should I be taking it?
If you're not getting enough protein, yes

My brother said I have to "rest" my muscles and can't workout every day or my muscles won't heal right.

All I do is squats, pushups, situps, and curls. Do I really need to take a whole day off if I'm sleeping between workouts?

I tried to get to sleep early to wake up at a decent time (5-6am) but instead woke up at 8am, went back to sleep pretty much automatically and got up at 11. Shit's a mess

>Do I really need to take a whole day off if I'm sleeping between workouts?

explain

Try to stay up for 24hrs, then see if that helps ur sleep schedule imo

Between the hours of the day before I workout, and after, combined with my sleep time, isn't that enough time for my muscles to rest? I don't want to dedicate a whole day to not exercising, it feels like I am wasting the energy from all the food I eat.

depends on what you want to work out?

If you have a bench, hell, even a cooler...or two chairs, you can do dumbbell chest presses, dumbell chest flys, dumbbell deadlifts, dumbbell squats, dumbbell lunges, different kind of curls for biceps, tricep workouts.

There are a bunch of things.

But I'll be lifting the same weight for weeks

I mean, if u arent sore and feel good, doing those few exercises shouldnt tax your body that much

Basically what I'm asking is if this "rest day" thing is a meme or not.

How to deal with post workout insomnia?
I did a pretty hard workout 8 hours ago and still cant sleep.
Did I overstimulate my CNS or some crazy shit likr that?

what gym work can be done on rest days that doesn't risk hampering your work days. Casual working finding himself with nothing to do on days off.

No it is not a meme, if you're actually pushing your body, then it needs to rest a lot.

cardio

You could also try a 5 day routine?

Nibba just close your eyes

Adrenaline is what pumps you like crazy but it doesn't last for 8 hours.

maybe focus on mobility?
try those calisthenics routines Veeky Forumsizens usually post

When standing the only thing I can grab from my stomach is a bit of skin thats almsot non exis-tant
when sitting it's the same

how come my abs still are barely visible? even when sitting they pop out, if I flex or move a bit they also pop up

I tried that all through last week (after a few times making it to 6-7am, deciding "i'll have a quick half hour nap" and going full nocturnal as a result) and eventually I managed to get it to work so weekend was a relatively normal time except I still kept waking up in the middle of the night. The waking in the middle of the night is the most annoying bit because I'm always wide/energetic for some reason and I can't get to sleep for hours

That sucks. I have lots of fun just doing calisthenics, and life feels empty when I'm not doing that. Maybe it will be better when I start actually lifting weights and have more stuff to spread out over a schedule.

I'll look into that, thanks brehs

Hey Veeky Forums, I was wondering if any of you had a decent bodyweight routine I could start with. Aside from not having the money for a gym, I also don't have any within a decent drive area that are open the times I would need to go.

I also kind want to develop the discipline to stick to a routine before I start spending money.

I've tried looking for something myself, but I can't easily discern what is actually proven and useful vs clickbait and meme workouts.

what exactly is your complain

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

Am I just weak? I've been doing SS for 5 months and my max squat is only 250lbs. My bench is only 150. My DL is 295.

I haven't eaten as much as SS says, since I don't want to be memed by it and become that one guy, but I was already skinnyfat. I'm 5'8 and 168lbs. I'm a guy and I can't progress on SS anymore. I just switched to TM and had my first volume day today, and I'm confident I can continue progressing under that, but I see threads about people who say 1/2/3/4 is easily achievable in 4-6 months

Am I just weak?

im shredded as fuck and my abs are barely showing unless flexed, currently a buffier version of ottermode so im fucking tired of cutting and I got no clue if its lack of core exercises
makes me want to just bulk up and do abs every work out

Hey guys, I've just recently started trying to get more fit. I'm between jobs and can't afford a gym membership, so I decided to start with some calisthenics until I can get a gym membership for weights.

I'm having an issue where, when I do push-ups, I don't feel them in my chest at all, they are almost entirely in my upper arms and a bit in my abs area. I asked a friend who works out to check my form and he thinks it's fine, but isn't sure why I wouldn't be feeling anything in my chest.

Anyone know why this might be?

????

That is excellent progress on 5 months man
Don't believe what people here say, thats very good.
And yes, once you start stalling on SS it's time to change your routine because youre not a
beginner anymore
I can't tell if this is bait but w/e.

Post pics and/or stats

If your abs are not showing then it either means you don't have low bf or they're not big enouch.

How long should calf strain last? Its been a couple weaks now and the pain still hasn't gone away or diminished. Should I start worrying about a nerve being pinched?

Anybody have any opinions on EC Stacking?

Place your hands out wider.

No, if its an actual strain then it can take months
Consider going with a physician

It's not bait. I posted something pretty simmilar in a thread a few weeks ago and some user began grilling me that the average time to get to 1/2/3/4 was only 3 or 4 months. Was I just being memed I guess? I'm bad at telling this stuff.

I was under the impression you were only supposed to put your hands a little bit wider than shoulder width. Is this wrong?

You got memed son, 1/2/3/4 takes quite a while.

Your stats are very nice tho

Thanks, user

Just do it however feels more natural.

Try to focus on your chest when doing pushups

I have long femurs and when I squat (low bar) I often feel the weight move forward of mid foot on the way up. Hips rise early and I have to pseudo-good morning the weight up. Also, as I get tired, I hesitate to sit back far enough because it feels like a weak position.
What do?

You're ego lifting, lower the weight until your form isnt compromised

It's so minor should I bother a physical therapist with it? It doesn't stop me from walking, but I have been resting it from the gym. It's been good for myself to, giving me time to get my life in order. Pic related is my jury rigged way to make icing it easier at home. Just using a belt that can be latched anywhere to fasten the pack to my calf so I can walk around the house with it.

Ok cool, thanks user.

dude dont. if you want weight loss just have some discipline. dont hurt your body by being on fucking high doses of stimulants all day every day.

I'm doing SS. I deloaded in today's workout because of feeling insecure about form and it was still bad. I don't know whether to deload more, or keep trying with the same weight.
Admittedly I looked mobility for squatting and stretched before working out, which I know you're not supposed to do, but I thought it could've solved it. It did help me go deeper, got ass DOMS now, but the good morning issue was still there

Next workout try with the same weight you last did it with. If your form is still shit then deload

Anything physical that prevents me from going to the gym is a major inconvenience, but thats just me

Been needing a rest for some life reasons at home, so it has been welcomed. Gonna finish my cut. Currently 175 at 6'2 and I want to try and drop down to 160 to slim down the rest of the stubborn fat I have before I start a clean bulk up to not be a skelly.

why do my shoulders pop when i do push ups?

i feel like i train my lats plenty, why can't i do wide grip pullups? chinups of any distance are pretty easy at this point

also when i do dips, my sternum hurts. why?

Yes. Anything under 15% really. But 10% is optimal. Don't worry about all that, you need to think ahead months. If you want to gain, go and gain. You can get abs again down the road.

I have

25 inch quads
16.5 inch calves
14 inch arms
12.5 inch forearms

Is this horrendously imbalanced?
My legs grow extremely fast even though I squat 235.

how do I eat 3400 calories a day?

Eat calorie dense foods

can you plan all my meals and make a full grocery list for me please

I forgot to mention I don't train calves either, I don't have the slightest clue why they grow

Would the altitude training principle also work on heat? Eg train in a warm enviroment and heating up won't bother you as much.

>why do my shoulders pop when i do push ups?
Because theyre moving and you haven't used them, if it doesn't cause discomfort then its ok.

>i feel like i train my lats plenty, why can't i do wide grip pullups? chinups of any distance are pretty easy at this point
Because your back is very weak and/or you're heavy as fuck, try the assisted pullup machine or incorporate more rows, although I feel that you're not going to the gym.
Here try this youtube.com/watch?v=egwb-cOdYGE and also do static holds

>also when i do dips, my sternum hurts. why?
Weak chest/triceps keep doing them

How do you warm up deadlifts and pendlay rows? You can't really start from just the bar since it would be too low to the ground. Also where do I place my feet on a pendlay row?

I've also had this pain in my right hip whenever I squat. It's on the front side of my body and happens whenever I'm in the hole. What is it? What do?

>Because theyre moving and you haven't used them, if it doesn't cause discomfort then its ok.
i do shoulders three times a week. a friend suggested that it's probably a shitty rotator cuff.

>Because your back is very weak and/or you're heavy as fuck
probably the first. are chinups just using bicep to make up for back weakness?

>although I feel that you're not going to the gym
i'm 3 months in :(

>Weak chest/triceps keep doing them
triceps are fairly strong, probably weak chest. maybe going too low? will need to watch my form closer.

Will cardio really steal all my gains?

Stop drinking caffeine

>I've also had this pain in my right hip whenever I squat. It's on the front side of my body and happens whenever I'm in the hole. What is it? What do?
I've had this before. What I did to get rid of it was stretch my hip joint. I did front splits, side splits, forehead-to-chin touches, etc.

answer 1. if you're not strong enough to warm up with 135 lbs, try using a dumbbell turned vertically.

answer 2. is it from your weight belt ? otherwise you need hip mobility work. that usually involves walking with a band around both knees.

>that's all I got FOR FREE.

5'10 190 lbs about to start a cut
Do I need to train obliques to lose this hourglass figure or will the weight loss be enough?

My diet is completely free of any liquids except water, I think it's more stress/cortisol levels that get to me since I can never really properly relax

>i do shoulders three times a week. a friend suggested that it's probably a shitty rotator cuff.
Maybe its the first shoulder movement youre doing in the day and its completely normal?
Why are you doing bw exercises when you're going to the gym? Try OHP

>are chinups just using bicep to make up for back weakness?
Yes kinda, also it's a closer grip.
I suggest weighted chinups

>maybe going too low?
Maybe your grip is wide as fuck, try not to flair your elbows.

I'm pretty sure he just meant that you sound like you're doing bodyweight exercises, instead of going to the gym to use machines/barbells. He didn't mean anything by it in terms of your strength/fitness

Do you have bumper plates? If yes, use those. If not, Just cope with needing to bend down a bit further

No.

Probably, yeah. That's most likely more psychological than physiological, though

>No.
Do I need to do something to compensate for it or can I just throw cardio onto whatever I'm doing.

If you consume the same calories you burn on cardio then no

Then what would be the point of doing it.

Eat more accordingly to how much you run. Use this calculator
runnersworld.com/tools/calories-burned-calculator

If you eat more according to how much you run to offset the calories burnt, then you'll get the same amount of gains. Assuming, of course, that you can still follow your programing in the gym despite the soreness of your legs.

Only downside is sore legs. Upside is better endurance which can help with lifting. Plus better cardiovascular health.

endurance?

If youre doing it because you wanna lose weight then it will affect your gains, your muscles will reduce in size a little bit

>What's the point of promoting good cardiovascular health and endurance?
Gee user, I don't know. Good point.

Good enough for me, time to die of heatstroke.

What the fuck am I supposed to wear?

There's literally nothing wrong with basketball shorts; it's a meme, user.

Accidentally benched with uneven weight for five sets of five just now, and less weight was on my weaker side, kill me

What should I do? Forget about it, or add like a left arm DB press for more even gains? I'm sure one time won't make a big difference but I'm still a bit worried desu

Which TDEE/Macro calculator should I use and why?

user don't you see it? Uneven weight means that your pecs have to work harder to stabilize the bar, you're literally stronger now.

pls user I'm an anxious mess and this is messing with me

Every TDEE calculator is going to give you similar enough results that it doesn't really matter.

Thanks I'll look into those.

I just got to a PR of 165lbs with deadlifts so I got a ways to go before I can start with 135lbs I think. I'll check out the dumbbell idea.
Don't really use weight belts.

Nah no bumper plates, just the octagonal ones.

Thanks for the help though guys. Guess I got to do those hip stretches before squatting and start off warm-ups with a higher weight.

Recently lanced the fuck out of a cyst on my side, been making sure it stays drained. Right now, I'm keeping it dry, using antibiotic ointment, etc.

I'm guessing whatever's left now is just swelling, but my question is - how well does the body take care of leftover infections? If I leave it alone, will it eventually go back to normal without any extra mass there, or should I keep an eye out for lancing it again?

One fucking time won't matter you retard, if you keep doing it like that then one side will eventually grow stronger but that won't happen because you're gonna kill yourself by dropping it.

Thanks user

Feeling extremely sad. I'm losing hair on the left side of my head and my hairline is receding. I'm only 19. I complained to my doctor and he said hair loss was a sympton of low thyroid. He made me get a blood test and they never called back, so I assume there's nothing wrong. He prescribed an iron supplement (Feramax) for 100 days. I'm not entirely sure if this stops hairloss.

I just want to keep my boring old lego man hair

After finishing up a calisthenics routine I felt slight inflammation in my upper back, it only hurts after I extend my right arm or when I'm on my back in bed. Should I stop working out until pain is resolved?