Should I get my scolios fixed before I go back to the gym?

Should I get my scolios fixed before I go back to the gym?

Also how do I get rid of S-shaped scoliosis

I don't think there is anything you can do about that shit.

I think you should be asking a doctor not us.

I'm waiting for my appointment and just thought I'd make a thread

You don't.
That shit is permanent.
That's why they tell people to pay attention to their posture from the early age.

Not only is it permanent but it contributes to extreme halitosis and flat feet

Same way Lamar Gant did. He didn't, he just set world records that nobody today can beat.

trolling softly?

D-don't heavy deadlifts fix it

I have minor c shaped curve and deadlifts and squats helped me (sitting on computer for teenage years with one hand extended to my mouse made my neck curved to the right)
Had very bad posture and I would wake up with massive neck pains, completely went away when I got into lifting.
My advice is to lift with care fuck your ego and record yourself.

Yoga, and sleeping on your back/side with a pillow between your legs will atleast alleviate it. You'll never get rid of it completely, but you can atleast stretch and strengthen the muscles that support your spine (especially the ones from you hips)

>Bromedics might tell people, but scoliosis is not caused by bad posture. It's just a bad roll of the dice.

You can't really fix it past certain age.

I have it and after lifting my left side is bigger than my right side, how do I fix it?

>heavy deadlift
will fix postural issues, not curved spine. If you're not underage b&, the only way out is surgery.
>Yoga
fuck off already

Tried this yet?

having the same problems and working on it, good to hear it helped you my guy

>Also how do I get rid of S-shaped scoliosis

reincarnation

Would if work if I put more weight on the side of the barbell corresponding with the side of my body to the opposite of my scoliosis curvature?

The amount of ignorance in this thread is amusing

copypasted

Structural (Idiopathic) scoliosis has genetic roots. A family history of scoliosis, particularly along the female side can increase your likelihood of having it by up to 20%. Idiopathic scoliosis usually develops in early adolescence between the ages of 11-14, with a higher incidence occurring in females than males (10:1). Progression of scoliosis is also more common in females than males. If left undiagnosed and untreated in adolescence, the curvature in the spine can progress.

Functional scoliosis can develop in adulthood, often in response to an injury or repetitive practice of asymmetrical activities (i.e. tennis, golf swing etc). It is a curvature in the spine that has formed from overuse of muscles on one side of the side and under use of muscles on the reciprocal side. Since it is muscular based, it can reverse with appropriate treatment and exercise.

Treatment = massage and exercise (can be self myofascial release)

Bullshit. I've had minor scoliosis my whole life. I guess it runs in my family because two other cousins have it. OP, deads and squats help a ton.

I spent my teenage years leaning on my left side and sleeping facedown. Is that why the bottom of my back is curved 16 degrees?

this! would also like an answer to this

Yoga will help tremendously if you're careful and not a retard. The key phrase here is "not a retard".