Cold showers

Does Veeky Forums take cold showers?

Other urls found in this thread:

masculinedevelopment.com/benefits-of-cold-showers-masculine/
youtu.be/Dl0Koa-QDA0
businessinsider.com/navy-seal-explains-end-shower-cold-water-2017-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have been for like a month or so.
I don't truly believe in the health benefits, I just do it because I like how it feels. I feel really alert and motivated after a cold shower. My house's cold water gets real chilly so when you first get dried off your skin just feels like it's radiating warmth.

Yes. Almost all my lifts have went up about 50 lbs since I started cold showering a couple of months ago. Coincidence? Probably.

>I don't truly believe in the health benefits
>I feel really alert and motivated after a cold shower

Lol maybe he thinks its psycho semantic

everyday

can't wait until winter when it gets below 0 and every cold shower makes me feel like i'm gonna die

cold bath is way better, it makes you relax more

Those aren't health benefits unless you want to go into the whole "mental health is physical health" thing. They're just temporary effects

Done it already for months. At first it was difficult but I eventually adapted. The first times you'll have a huge adrenalin shot and feel amazing once you're out. Now I don't have such a shock when getting in but also it doesn't feel as great.

I've noticed some of the health benefits. The skin gets tighter and more healthy and a myriad of other things more that are subtle like enhanced mood and so on.

A problem of course is that, at least for me, when I get a hot shower the next cold one is harder to do, you might bullshit yourself into going warm, so it's better to go full cold and only having a hot shower once a week or so.

Also: masculinedevelopment.com/benefits-of-cold-showers-masculine/

That's the blog that persuaded me to do this. Most of the benefits and good things about that that might interest you are written there.

What bothers me at this point is that I have adapted to the cold and now I hate the water won't go colder to get the same effect I used to. This thing is like a drug, just look at crazy dudes like Wim Hof.

Health benefits is the bullshit like "clears up skin conditions, boosts your immune system, speeds up muscle recovery, etc...etc..." that everyone tries to spout out like a snake oil salesman trying to pitch this lifestyle at you.

I'm sure there's also those who preach about its cancer curing abilities.

>What bothers me at this point is that I have adapted to the cold and now I hate the water won't go colder to get the same effect I used to.
THIS. I need to get some ice to dump on my bath

trying to get in to them. have a cold shower once a week or so

Literally how could it not boost your immune system

i'm with you 100%. that first one felt amazing. i was smiling and mouthing fuck yeah to myself when i was done. skin felt so great. now it's just okay. can't wait till the winter.

yes, but only because when i take hot showers i get really itchy skin, but i guess the benefits are good too

I started taking cold showers after swimming because hot water+chlorine fucked up my skin really badly. Now I love it and only shower cold.

Yes, but I can't wash my hair in cold water + shampoo, because they stay greasy, I have to use warm water + shampoo.

Guys, do you also wash your hair when cold showering? I always felt like shit after when I tried it, without that it was ok.

Because your body's reaction to jarringly cold water is one of stress and in actual objective science there is no clear link between stress and your immune system.

Seriously, I thought I was alone in that. Before I was huffing and puffing in the shower. When I stepped out my head was rushing and I felt like killing a tiger with my bare hands. Now it is just part of the morning routine.

Maybe I should take warm showers for a couple of days so I can bring the magic back...

Also forgot to mention cold showers cured my pityriasis, which I had over and over again since I was a teenager.

Pic is an example from the internet. Mine was far worse and had most of my back covered with a red-rosy color and it would just go away for a while when the doctor gave me something and quickly come back weeks later.

There is a link between not cleaning yourself properly and having a more active immune system though...

It's so hot in my country that cold water doesn't even come out of the shower in the summer

Same here, I'm seriously considering making a block of ice every day and throwing it in a full bathtub so I can have actually cold water.

god I can't wait for it to be winter again.

No, super hot / super cold showers have been proven to be bad for both your skin and hair. I think lukewarm or cool are ideal.

Same in Texas

Source or fuck off fag

It's all fucking bro science
drink more water buddeh
kek fucking idiots

Used to, because of how good it felt after a sweat, but then i read up on research suggesting it is gains.

water heater broke months ago

Hell yeah nigguh, its my strongest habit, its also the easiest one. The water doesnt get cold enough here though. I live right next to a lake/river, cant wait to do this out side into the winther.

what is this app...

Loop habit tracker

I only take them because I have bad dandruff and cold water is good for it, not for Veeky Forums memes.

Yeah those sneaky cold water salesmen are really getting away with murder.

When will the cold water meme die? It's literally broscience. There is ZERO substantiated evidence that it has any benefit.

Cold shower fags will get the rope along with ACV and vegan fags.

this is why i will never vaccinate my children

Not smoking weed isn't a habit you autist.

If it is I'm on day 10,000 of Nospace. Haven't been to space once.

Buy 150 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank to soak in ice water, or frozen lake.
youtu.be/Dl0Koa-QDA0

so what happens if your children gets infected by something their immune system can't fight?

Day 1: Extreme anxiety before getting in the shower. After getting under the water, have head rush as blood pressure skyrockets. Very challenging to breathe normally. Feel like I might black out. Water is very cold and after about two minutes I’m shivering. I turn the water to warm and finish shower. Feel accomplished having done what I did, even though it was small.
Day 2: Extreme anxiety before getting in the shower. After getting under the water, head rush is much less. Don’t feel lightheaded. Breathing is still challenging. Water still feels very cold. I finish the shower with only cold water in less than 5 minutes. Fingers and toes are tingly and cold. Feel energized and awake after drying off and getting dressed.
Day 6: Anxiety is much less but I still have to force myself under the cold water. Having been under the water for a minute or so the cold is tolerable as long as I don’t step out from under the water. After drying off, feel great.
Day 10: Anxiety about getting under cold water has subsided. Noticeably less uncomfortable than first week. Showers are still under 5 minutes. Towards end of shower, I’m still shivering and cold. Skin feels notably softer and healthier. Hair feels soft and clean. No longer frizzy and lays flat.
Day 20: Look forward to cold showers now. The icy water is easily tolerable and feels tingly on my sensitive back and shoulders. Initial entry in shower is still a little provoking but very manageable. Skin and hair feel clean and healthy. I’ve noticed I am less easily chilled than I have been in the past an my tolerance for cold is substantially higher.

Day 35: I noticed over the past few days my testicles and penis have stopped shrinking even under direct cold water. Showers have increased to 10 minutes. I can easily wash my whole self under the cold water without being chilled or feeling the desire to step out from under the water. Showers are very pleasant and invigorating.
Day 50: Skin and hair have never felt better! I need less soap than I’ve ever needed in the past. Skin is clear. Hair is clean and non-oily. Warm showers are extremely relaxing. Hot showers make my skin feel dry, parched, and stripped. I sat directly underneath an A/C vent at the movie theater the other day in a short sleeve shirt and didn’t notice feeling uncomfortable until more than halfway through the two hour movie –which I know would never have happened before.

Why should I punish myself? I had to go through that cold shower bullshit in OCS and SOI, I'm taking all the hot showers I can.

I take lukewarm showers. I prefer hot showers, but they are bad for my skin. But I still don't hate myself enough to shower cold.

Yeah. I live in eastern european fuckhole and have hot water cut off 'till mid october. Cold showers aren't doing anything special though

I do it on again and off again. It's been on lately and I don't intend to take a warm shower anytime soon.

Nigga if you have been smoking weed erryday for 10+ years tracking your abstinence is a great way to develop this new habit of not smoking. I am addicted af and tracking these things really help me you jabrony

Cold showers to boost the immune system

I don't think you understand how immune systems and vaccines work. Increasing productivity of an immune system isn't going to allow it to fight against something it can't fight against. Its like needing a gun to kill something because its the only thing that kills it and thinking that gaining more strength is going to help with the fight.

I don't think you understand how jokes work

>not trolling, joking
i guess not...good joke.

Simple Habit Tracker is a decent substitute if you fell for the Steve Jobs posthumous jew.

I do purely by choice. I don't really care if it has any benefits, I would do it if it didn't.
That said, anecdotally, my skin has cleared up and my hair is less dry and frizzy which is nice.

why have german and english words at the same time, also how to learn a decent amount of german in about 3 months?

I do it. I think it works even if you don't believe in it

I did that for French, all of my devices were changed to French and still are.
>inb4 haha French
I need it for work and chicks like it.

so should i change my mobile language in german to learn it?

>lower electricity bill
>spend gains on more fruits and fiber
>cold shower = healthy

>thread about cold showers
>anons claim cold showers strengthen the immune system
>you asked a question relating to the immune system
>I suggested cold showers as a solution
>this is trolling in 2017

It helps but you could use Duolingo too, it made things easier to explain from a technological standpoint.
Treat it like a supplement, with Duolingo as a routine. Maybe read some easy fiction in German too then work your way up.

Just cuz.

>how to learn languages
I suggest you get the german dubbed version of a tv show you hold dear. Then watch that shit. You already know the plot and now you will get a feel for how the language is spoken properly. I dunno that how inlearned engrish, by watching south park like a fiend.

YESS!! Builds mental endurance as well as lowering blood pressure, increasing norepinephrine

Every other day I do a warm bath soak after a workout with Dr Teals epsom salt (magnesium is good for anxiety and calms the nervous system)

>Desire to have legitimate in depth discussion.
>Reading Veeky Forums

businessinsider.com/navy-seal-explains-end-shower-cold-water-2017-3
Navy Seals train in cold water for more than mental toughness.

Only after working out desu. My post workout routine is as follows:
Hot Pool -> Steam Room -> Sauna -> ice pool -> cold shower -> hot shower -> ice bucket -> hot shower while stretching. I wish I could move into the gym

Wim Hof is the fucking man! Who here does his breathing exercises?

>business insider

The first half of my shower is hot because I feel like it gets my body clean better. But then after I rinse the soap off I turn it to cold water. Partly on the off chance that all the "cold shower benefits" are real, but mostly because rinsing with cold water makes it easier to get out of the shower. If I just stand under the hot steamy water I don't feel like getting out for 30+ minutes.

after a month of taking cold showers my balls got bigger and i was noticeably less anxious. also i can't take hot showers anymore, they feel too weird.

unfortunately it's too hot right now and the coldest i can get the shower is a room temperature. i miss those icy winter showers where you shiver and cuss.

>Start the habit in the summer when it's actually refreshing
>Progressively overload through autumn when the pipes get a few degrees colder every week
>Build up enough tolerance for winter cold showers
>Pipes are hypothermia-inducing, lips are blue, whole body is numb, limbs are red with first-degree frost bite

I do, pretty cool.

How much, realistically, do you think the differential would be in your electric bill between a hot shower and cold shower? If it's even that noticeable then your water heater is dogshit or you're taking 2 hour showers.

No, because I don't get memed.

>The cost of a 10 minute shower is:132.475 liters, multiplied by the cost per heated liter of water $.0146612, or $1.9424 for the average ten-minute shower in Minneapolis, MN. If one person showered once a day for ten minutes the cost for one month (30 days) would equal: $58.27 per month.

That's for one person.

>psycho(((semitic)))