Hey Veeky Forums. i been on a diet for the last 5 weeks...

hey Veeky Forums. i been on a diet for the last 5 weeks, I was making really good gradual weight loss until this week where I lost 0 pounds. My diet didn't change, nothing changed.

a friend told me its my "plateau" so, how do i get out of it, and why did this happen? what else can i do to keep losing weight? if i it anything else from my diet i'll probably starve to death cuz i been feeding on steamed vegetables and fruits

Keep counting calories and keep at it. Even when you lose an AVERAGE of a pound a week, it's not uncommon to see that as two pounds one week and zero pounds the next week.

you lost weight.
therefore your TDEE changed, while your diet didn't.
if your TDEE went down, while your diet remained consistent, then you will not lose weight nearly as fast anymore - or not at all.
just eat less and move around more.

>i been feeding on steamed vegetables and fruits
eat ordinary food. just smaller portions.

Fasting

totally normal, you might go two weeks without losing an ounce and then wake up 4lbs lighter one day

it has something to do with water retention masking the fat loss iirc, just make sure you actually are eating at a deficit

im defiantly not eating above 1500 calories.

Last night all i ate was 3 boiled eggs, 1 protein bar and some grilled bell peppers and cherry's. and 2 cups of green tea no sugar, that barely 1000 calories.

I don't have time to work out, but i think i might add 30 min of jogging or walking to my day

fuck off and read the sticky

be gone, cunt

i'm sure you'll have a pissening physique in no time on your boiled egg 1500 calorie diet and no working out you skinnyfat geek

>skinnyfat geek

thank you.

This. You lost weight down to the maintenance calories. Either eat less, workout more, or be happy at the current weight.

i think the best option is workout more, gonna get a gym membership today

i've had weeks where i gained a pound and then the very next week lost 3 or 4
i assume it's just shit like water weight/taking a huge dump before weighing/etc

How to fuck your metabolism big time : The post

well, what should i eat not to fuck it up?

and yes i read the sticky.

everyone keeps telling me to eat less calories than i burn, and when i do that they tell me thats too little and im fucking up my metabolism, so wtf?

eating 1500 would be ok but if you do lots of day where you only eat 1000 Kcals it's really not good for you .

You should never eat below your bmr , create the deficit by being more active ( it doesn't means you have to lift / do sports / cardio ) just live a more active lifestyle .

>weight didn't change for 1 fucking week

Don't panic. If you still weigh the same in another week make sure you're properly tracking your calories and reduce them by another 200 or 300. It's going to take you a while to lose fat as a natty lifter.

No offense OP but you probably haven't lost any REAL weight so far. That 8 pounds was probably just water weight. Continue to eat the way you are and if you don't see at least a solid 2 pounds lost in the next 2 weeks, lower your calories.

Nah I'd rather have anons that need help posting these threads than some faggot posting some shit about alphas and betas. At least this is fitness related.

This.

I hate when people ask genuine questions about fitness and retards like this tell them to fuck off.

also, OP isnt asking a retarded generic "how do i lose weight" hes actually concerned why he didnt lose weight this week seeing as he did all other weeks.

I want to add exercise to my week, maybe 3-4 times a week, what would be best for weight loss, i thought jogging or running (cardio) would be best but few of my friends said no.

Have you been taking progress pictures? Sometimes it's a recomp and the weight of fat has been replaced with some muscle.

Did you drink any water?
Did you not take a dump?
Were you wearing clothes?
Was the scale level?
Did your sleep schedule change?
Did you cheat on your diet?

>fasted cardio in the morning
>lift full body 3 times a week
>HIIT other 3 days a week
>1 rest day

First of all, tell me about yourself. What does your job entail? What is your BMI? This all depends. If you have a big enough BMI and active enough job, you won't even need to exercise at all. Again, depending on how big you are, running and jogging might not be the best idea. I don't think you should over-exert yourself user, that's how you give up a month from now and gain it all back.

when you assert that you "don't have time" to work out like you are busy working on the cure for cancer 16 hours a day, you have already made it clear that you won't make it so i'd rather direct you to an existing resource instead of wasting my time

well im a 22 year old male, 6'0 and current 210 pounds lookin to go down to about 180 pounds first goal.

im a visual effects artist/student so i spend 90% of my day sitting in front of a computer, barely get any exercise, most excise i get is about 5000-6000 steps a day from whats tracked in my phones health app.

i don't consomme big potions i just use to eat and drink vending machine garbage and a lot of sweets which i cut out my life complacently.

i leave home at 10 am and get back at 2 am 6 days a week, when i say i have no time, i don't mean i sit on my ass and watch TV

Ok user, I can't really help you as I am in a similar situation myself. You won't need to go much below 180 pounds at 6'. You can definitely run and jog at that height, but I would keep it light. Maybe 10 min of HIIT or 5 min of cardio after lifting.