Can I continue running SL 5x5 while trying to cut? I've gotten to 100 ohp 140 bench 200 squat 225 deadlift...

Can I continue running SL 5x5 while trying to cut? I've gotten to 100 ohp 140 bench 200 squat 225 deadlift. I'm already finding it very difficult to progress ohp and bench on almost a 1000 calorie surplus. I know the program says to bulk but I'm too fat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zlxrqKCvQM0
bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/initial-body-fat-and-body-composition-changes.html
strongerbyscience.com/being-strong-is-not-an-excuse-to-be-fat-and-being-fat-is-probably-holding-you-back/
stronglifts.com/5x5/#Can_I_lose_fat_with_StrongLifts_52155
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its slimming season noob

Why aren't you doing 3x5 to maintain lifts and more cardio every day on a caloric deficit if you really think you are getting fat?

Stop bulking, you'll look like shit.
Reminder that the fatter you are, a greater proportion of your surplus will be converted to fat instead of muscle.
And vice versa: the leaner you are, more of the excess calories will go to muscle instead of fat.

I don't want to maintain I want to continue getting stronger while on a caloric deficit.

That's impossible

You can make neurological strength gains on maint.

What does that mean

short version: your body gets more efficient with the muscles it already has. this process requires a fair bit of a recovery though so it's not that easy if you're not bulking, but it's possible because it doesn't require the muscles to actually grow

Sorry, but you need to focus on one thing. The only time where you can get stronger while cutting is if you are a beginner.
So, start cutting, and still try to increase your lifts, but don't expect to increase that much, you will probably plateau at some point and will need to maintain.

>you can
AS IN IT IS SOMETHING YOU ARE CAPABLE OF YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT, BUT YOU MOST LIKELY WONT DO IT BECAUSE ITS TOO HARD
>neurological
THIS IS THE OTHER PART OF THE BODY THAT MAKES YOU LIFT YOUR LIGHT ASS WEIGHT UP AND DOWN THAT ISNT THE BIG RED BEETS THAT ARE UNDER ALL OF YOUR CHUB. THE PART OF THE BODY THAT SENDS ELECTRICITY THROUGH TO MAKE YOU GO UGH UGH LIFT HEAVY THING
>strength
THIS IS THE THING YOU DONT HAVE
>gains
THIS IS THE THING YOU WONT EVER GET
>on
WHILE YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN THE ACTION OF DOING THE NEXT FUCKING WORD
>maint
THIS MEANS FUCKING MAINTENANCE YOU NEOLITHIC, CHUBBY, UNEDUCATED, BASKETBALL SHORT WEARING, FIGURE EIGHTING, BUYING INTO 5x5SHILLLIFTING, SACK OF HUMAN GARBAGE. I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD YOU LACK SO MUCH SELF AWARENESS THAT IT MAKES ME AS ANGRY AS YOU ARE STUPID.

I guess Ill just keep bulking til im obese then

ugh. 5x5.

youtube.com/watch?v=zlxrqKCvQM0

But yes. If you are cutting, in order to keep your muscle you should be doing what you did before on your bulk (meaning weight/exercises.) Don't listen to those stupid fucks that say high reps = more definition/ fat burn. If you do 5x5 and switch to high reps on your cut, you're a retard.

Why is that impossible? I will be burning fat not muscle.

Keep eating at a deficit while you keep training and trying to get stronger. Your body fat is gonna down over time and once its at an acceptable range you can start increasing your caloric intake and start making lots of gains again. Its gonna suck but its what you gotta do. Or maybe change one of the lifting days with high intensity cardio like sprinting up hill. That is a lot fun

why not just eat at maint
get stronger & lose fat at the same time
also recommend 3x5 cause you can up the weight faster

Read the fucking sticky holy shit

That wasn't me

What type of program does this guy recommend then?

>Increasing from 300 to 405 is pretty simple
>Then says you will fail your second workout

wat

The sticky is for beginners who literally know nothing. You can make gains on a deficit.

Most of the links are 404 and it clearly pushes gym and power lifting when it's been stated numerous times that a higher rep and set scheme is more ideal for new lifters.
And calisthenics is something that anyone can do at any time.

nice pupils

Idk. But I do recommend pull/push/legs with rep ranges of 1/2/4/5/6/8 (SBD) for sets of 3. 5/3/1 is a great program anyone can do. You can also add whatever fucking accessory work you want like cables/extensions. My recommendation for beginners is to squat bench deadlift low reps but also include accessories. Powerbuilding in one word. It's great. You will not only get stronger with powerbuilding, but you will also gain unique thickness in your muscles which will make you look unique.

Should I start cutting now or wait until my back injury heals so I can do squats and deadlifts again?

holy shit not OP but htis is the first time ive ever heard of this, is this true? how the fuck has nobody ever said this to me before

Not true.

being fat makes your test lower

being too lean also makes your test lower but were talking here very very lean

lmfao this post
unique like what? absolute lack of rear delts, kyphotic posture from benching

It's worth noting that losing weight can heal injuries, especially lower back injuries. Less body weight = less lower back stress.

I want to have a 9 inch cock and drive a porsche

best not to pursue two competing goals at the same time, just get your cut out of the way and then worry about getting bigger and stronger when you can eat a surplus

and if you actually make some meager neurological efficiency gains during your cut, that's just a bonus

Did you even read what I wrote?

S/B/D low reps and accessories afterwards such as rows,shoulders,extensions -
anything. Doing only SBD is powerlifting. I'm talking about powerbuilding.

yeah, it's absolutely true

bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/initial-body-fat-and-body-composition-changes.html

>So, typically, when overfed, thin/lean individual will gain 60-70% lean body mass (LBM) while fat individuals may gain only 30-40% LBM. Note that these percentage gains are without exercise, simply with overfeeding from a starting body fat level. Although research hasn’t examined overfeeding nearly as much as underfeeding, we might expect intensive weight training to skew these numbers to an even better point.

strongerbyscience.com/being-strong-is-not-an-excuse-to-be-fat-and-being-fat-is-probably-holding-you-back/

>So, the problem with gaining fat while training for mass and strength is this: gaining fat specifically reduces insulin sensitivity in skeletal muscle.

>As you accumulate fat, blood levels of free fatty acids (FFAs) increase. Elevated blood levels of FFAs decrease insulin sensitivity in the muscles two different ways. Firstly, they directly decrease insulin sensitivity, and secondly, they contribute to increased muscle triglyceride levels, which also decrease insulin sensitivity.

>However, it doesn’t stop there. As fat mass increases, the release of adipokines (hormones from fat tissue) also increases. Of these, some (like TNF-a) decrease insulin sensitivity and others (like leptin) increase insulin sensitivity. However, over time, your tissues lose sensitivity to leptin if levels are chronically elevated, so the net effect of these adipokines is also decreased insulin sensitivity (and the loss of the effectiveness of leptin – your body’s most powerful hormone for countering weight gain).

tl;dr cut to 10-12%, bulk to 15-16%, repeat

if you think powerlifters only do squat bench and deadlift for low reps, you have no idea what powerlifters actually train like and should stop pretending that you do on the internet

stop posting anytime

fucking cut you fat fuck. Then start building lean muscle. Stop doing that shit program and hit the HIIT

The main reason I like Stronglifts is because of the app.

>the main reason I like a shitty marketing professionals horrible program is because I look way too cool in my basketball shorts to have to take 15 minutes out of my day to go buy a mini journal and take it around the gym while I lift

whats wrong with basketball shorts

stronglifts.com/5x5/#Can_I_lose_fat_with_StrongLifts_52155

dont cut until you hit 3 plate squats