Cutting General

Bout to go on a 3 month 1200 cals a day cut lads

Any Tips?

Im going to try and mostly eat the same things

>Any Tips?

yeah, cut slower retard

1200 calories is almost as many calories I eat in a lunch or dinner meal while lazily cutting

How bout you don't

Im doing 1500 and its been a little challenging at times but Im doing alright. Lost 12.2 pounds in 28 days.

cutting at 1200 sounds like a stupid plan my friend, you will more than likely plateu and lose all muscle

you lifting hard too?
danguy inspired me.
Im 6'2 and weigh 206lbs and wanna get down to 180 or 175 by thanksgiving. Been lifting for 6 months

Its much, much easier to cut at 1600.

Just start doing more exercises instead of drastically cutting food intake

Do sprints and incline walking on a treadmill every day

You'd hit your goal before Halloween without damaging yourself

Should've lean bulked fool.

Crash Dieting General?

Ironically, I cut better if I threw in a cheat meal every couple weeks or so. Keeping a calorie deficit was easy, but I think I shot my metabolism. So if you start stalling, don't be afraid to blast some calories a bit and see what works for you.

Be patient too OP. You didn't get fluffy overnight, so you won't get ripped overnight either. And for the love of god eat enough protein.

Cutting WAY too fast.

Your absolute max should be 2 lbs a week. How are your lifts?

>>>>>lifting for 6 mo
>cutting

Jesus christ either you bulked wrong or you have body dysmorphia.

Morning
>jump rope 20min
>100 pushups sets of 25
>100 situps sets of 25
Working on getting up to 100 straight

Afternoon
>le crossfit

Evening
>PPL routine

I give crossfit about 90% intensity and my PPL about 70%. When I get down to 12% bodyfat Im going to probably drop Crossfit for powerlifting while bulking through the winter. I'll do like 20min of HIIT in the evenings instead of PPL to maintain some semblence of endurance.

Also, going to replace my morning workout with a boxing class soon as I feel like the rope jumping becomes a chore.

youl just end up fatter retard

Rinse your mouth out with water after eating. When you finish a meal but you're still craving something, like if you're eating less than usual, the flavor of the food that's still in your mouth will make you want more. Rinse of your mouth and that temptation goes away. It's also just good dental hygiene.

Feel the need to snack on something? Eat some celery. It doesn't taste great, but once it's in your stomach you won't care. Experiment with some 0 calorie condiments/spices to change the flavor if it bothers you.

If your meals are small and not satisfying enough for you, toss in a pile of lettuce. Make whatever it is you're eating into a salad of sorts. It doesn't really do anything to the flavor, but it takes up a lot of space on the plate and in your stomach so it feels like you're not even eating less calories.

Also, try sugar free gum. It gives you the experience of eating something sweet and you get to chew on something for ages for under 10 calories.

>cutting for 2 weeks
>binge eat out of boredom
>read this
heh phew yea totally just resetting my metabolism

you will go into body hibernation mode and be a walking zombie, i bet you dont make it past a week doing that

Or maybe he just started out fat??

what app is that? I want some type of graph+stats app like that to track my weight easily.

MyFitnessPal prime calculates your macros too

Hi, I'm 108kg and 185cm, yeah I'm a bit chub, but have good amount of muscles, run 2.4km in 8:50min. Usually working out about 2 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Can someone recommend a good calorie amount for cutting, and give me some tips and tricks?

have you read Lyle McDonald's RFL protocol?
I tried it, fucking brutal. On refeed day I ate 7k calories without any dessert or sweets hehe

I'm not actually sure what my total weight loss was as I was retaining a shitload of water (drinking 10L+ a day) and I would have failed if not for pepsi max but I'm pretty sure I lost around 3kg in 2 weeks - again, hard to tell as my water intake was huge and I never cut water to test the total loss

OH by the way, you're gonna lose a lot of muscle even with his protein specifications

Is it possible to cut and still make muscle gains?

If you are new or really fat.

Not OP but I'm considering starting that, but I'm a category 2, nearly category 3, and DYEL as fuck but I can't bulk because I'm disgustingly estrogenicly fat so I want to get lean first. Would have me on 900 calories/day. I've seen people get results with it but honestly I'm hesistant as I feel like my bodyfat% will stay the same and I'll just get even smaller and weaker than I am now. Especially considering my cortisol AND estradiol levels are probably way higher than the average male, even after adjusting for weight.

How does one break through the 10% barrier? I've been cutting for 3 months now and I'm already way past -1000 cal deficit. I don't know how many more carbs I can cut before I lose all performance in the gym . It's like my body will not let go of last reserves of lower back and ab fat

I was able to, it was awesome, I got a stretch mark (tiny one) in a caloric deficit on my shoulder

Yohimbine, some people suggest that yohimbine actually is able to burn stubborn fat. It has to do with beta receptor and science sheet

FAGGOT THAT'S TOO LOW SAY GOODBYE TO ANY MUSCLE YOU HAVE NOW

I did RFL, it works really well and isn't nearly as difficult as you would think. I did it for around 5-6 weeks and lost roughly 10kg and kept most of my strength/muscle mass. Towards the end I started losing strength rapidly so I should probably have stopped a week earlier. Didn't take me long to regain the strength, though.

I tried it, I used enhanced athletes. Everyone reports crazy side effects but I never felt anything short of a mild caffeine like buzz. Also I had to take them before work because that was the only time of the day I could be fasted so I never really got to do them whilst doing cardio so I didn't really notice much of a difference. Should I try another brand maybe?

>Towards the end I started losing strength rapidly so I should probably have stopped a week earlier. Didn't take me long to regain the strength, though.
I'd speculate that being so lean near the end is the reason, probably starting eating away at your muscle when your fat got low

Yeah, that was my guess as well. I was getting into visible abs territory at that point. I was basically just trying to see how lean I could get, but I probably pushed it a little too far on that particular diet.

>been cutting for the first time in almost 2 weeks
>all i eat is broccoli, carrots, chicken, and brun rice

im starting to slowly go insane. how do you guys do this for more than a month?

based on these weigh-ins, would you guys say that it is possible to reach sub-15% bodyfat by december 1st? i've been cutting at 1700kcals/day with 4 regular workout sessions a week, some weeks it is strength, other weeks it's cardio. get around 4 hours of workout per week not including work (i lift / move stuff around in a warehouse)

just jack off 10x a day instead of eating junk food

god im 90KG and i feel like a fat fuck. i usally run or bike for 30 min/300kcal everday while avoiding carbs.

>Any tips
Take steroids/clen if you want to be like pic related

Everyone who says this sort of stuff has never tried it.

Lost a stone in 2 weeks from 30 mins cardio every day and eating max 1000 calories. I think it works for a certain amount of time

Guys isnt fasting better than caloric restriction? With light exercises he can do a fast and lose only little muscle

Scoobs said not to go below 25%. I'll believe him.

I tried going on a bit deficit and sustain, fat seemed to stop dropping and I felt like shit.

Took 2 weeks off, ate a little over maintenance, went back to cut but at 2000 which is about a 600 calorie deficit for me, fats dropping off.

I'm doing 1k calories a day.

My favorite recipe: fajitas. Lots of bell peppers and onions, seasoned and cooked to be as flavorful as possible.

The key to low calorie: learn how to make veggies tasty.

It looks like he has more muscle mass in the second pic.

>Lost 12.2 pounds in 28 days.

>learn how to make veggies tasty
Boil broccoli with pinch of salt. Oh look it's tasty as fuck. What's wrong with all the people in Veeky Forums who need to "make" vegetables tasty? Are you a child?

>look at me I'm so hardcore I drain my life and especially my food of any taste because my gains are bigger when I don't enjoy stuff
I pity you.

No really, what in the ever-living fuck is wrong with you? Did your parents not teach you to eat your greens? Vegetables are amazing with just a pinch of salt. You're a manchild if you need to "find a way" to make them palatable. You're never going to make it if you can't stomach vegetables. I pity your pathetic palate.

He's right. Sure you can eat low calories for a while and lose a bunch of weight, but it's likely you'll end up on a binge and gain it back plus more.

t. a guy who ate 1k a day for 5 months and lost weight then gained it all back over 2 years

>Did your parents not teach you to eat your greens?
They did actually. By cooking and preparing them in an artful manner.
Vegetables are tasty in their own yes, but ridiculing people and calling them children because they enjoy their food with spices that go beyond a pinch of salt is laughable and makes me question your pathetic palate instead.
Refined food seems like it wasted on you.

>learn how to make veggies tasty
>implying they aren't already

Just do IF and eat at maintenance.

Adjust calories consumed as you get lighter

muh nofap

posted a thread but ill ask here

I'm on a cut and I've been taking in roughly 1,200 calories a day, with about 200g of protein. I told my friend and he said I need to start eating more, but the pounds have been flying off.

Is this safe? How much LBM am I losing by doing this?

I'm not a fat fuck.

Also I usually push 100kcal every 5 minutes on bike, push around 1800-2000kcal an hour on the rowing machine (Of course not sustainable for an hour)

But I'm usually doing high intensity circuits for my shit.

Press ups
Squats
Bent Over Rows
Lunges
Sit ups
Tricep Dips
Step ups

Doing 20 sets in total, pyramid. So reps going
20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2. Rest period, then back up to 20.

Reps on lunges and step ups are per leg, so 20 on left leg, and 20 on right leg.

Post height and weight. Chances are, unless you're a super manlet, you're cutting too fast.

5'11, currently 194. Down from 204 a month ago.

I've only been cutting like this for the past two weeks and I'm down from 197

I'd recommend taking it a bit slower if I were you unless there's a specific event you need to hit a goal for.

Thanks user, I'll try to get up around 1700 or so

same

How do you that? I also use myfitnesspal. Do you use the premium version?

>30 minutes cardio

pls tell me you got yourself some rest days?

Is muscle loss actually even a real concern while cutting?
let's say you have 25% bodyfat and a good amount of muscle
why would the body burn muscle instead of fat?
I could see that happening at like 10% bodyfat, but at higher bodyfat percentages is that actually a concern?

Yeah man, I paid for prime. Just go to the nutrition tab, it's worth the whatever, $10/mo?

i doubt that the small amount of muscle that may be lost outweighs the positives of losing a shitload of unnecessary fat

Yohimbine fasted cardio in the morning. Kasein protein shake like 90 min after then eat an hour or two later from there. Take it wit black coffee.

caladan is alive

Yeah if you really dedicate yourself. Hone in on your diet even more. Yohimbine fasted cardio is great, make sure you don't eat for several hours after though.

what the first guy said.

You can do it as an early intermediate even with by combining carb cycling and intermittent fasting.

>I'm not bingeing, I'm just resetting my metabolism. goober!

Or you could download the older version apk if you have android

you're going to lose muscle on a cut because you don't have enough to maintain all of it. your body doesn't give a shit about how you look in general. it will prioritize it's own survival. muscle costs more to maintain than fat.

Truth.

OP's pic is not a cutting pic. It's an ad for roids.

The cutting pic would have the before dude looking miserable, smaller, and a little more defined.

Didnt for the 2 weeks. Have since but I'll still try and do 15 ish. I'll admit that 5 mins was warm up so fast walk and light jog

no excuse unless your sick or injured.

super late to the party but nah you dont need premium, just go to the diary, and scroll right down to nutrients, or on desktop view reports

Went from 193 to 147.
How many more lbs would you guys say I should lose before I start bulking?
I want to at least look normalfag aesthetic by next summer.

Side pic
Also I'm a 5'7 manlet that's been eating at 1500 cals 6/7 days of the week.

Did you also lift or just cut? I'm also 170 cm and was always wondering how much I should lose before bulking.

Lifting too, but very low lifts with no progression, just trying to preserve my numbers at this point.
In kg 3x5, 52/70/93/110, squat and deadlift were higher but I went to snap city for a bit

Good luck friendo

>In kg 3x5, 52/70/93/110, squat and deadlift were higher but I went to snap city for a bit

What do you mean. Sorry I'm new on this board. I'm only running with the couch to 5k plan. I'm on week 4 and cutting with 1500 calories a day so I'd lose 1 kg/week according to myfitnesspal. I started with 84 kg a few weeks ago. Now I'm 79,5 kg.

If you see anyone saying something like 1/2/3/4, that refers to the following exercises and the weight or amount of 20 kg plates per exercise.

1 plate (per side of the barbell) or 60 kg overhead press
2 plate or 100 kg bench press
3 plate or 140 kg squat
4 plate or 190 kg deadlift

Which means I am at
52 kg overhead press
70 kg bench press
etc.

I would definitely say lift right now even if you're losing weight, I know I regretted not lifting earlier.
Just stay dedicated and please don't give up.

>over 2 years
At least you dragged it out for that long
But this only happens to people that aren't committed, mate. Do you have something you want to tell us?

I'm an ex smoker too. I think it's a lot of will power and another thing that keeps me going is that i've dropped big weight before and know how amazing the pay off feels

What is a good BMI to strive for before I start bulking?

your BMR will adjust if you have a consistent calorie intake for a long period, so it's not the worst thing to have a cheat meal once a week or once every two weeks. i've gone from 260lbs -> 155lbs typically having one cheat meal a week while cutting.

Rice isn't very filling and carrots are starchy, not good cutting foods.
Replace them with greens and more meats, fatty meats are very filling.
Also eggs, 4 eggs is like 280 calories and is filling as fuck.
I'm not saying go full keto but fat, protein, and fiber are all very important to stay full while carbs are shit for satiety.

I have sort of hit a plateau with my cut the past couple of weeks. Weight is pretty much the same, but my waist measurement is getting smaller. This has happened before, and then eventually my weight readjusted and I lost 2kg, which was in line with the calories I was taking in.

Could that be happening again? Big difference between 88kg and 77kg, though

I would say once you see definition in your abs (you do) then you can bulk, if I was you I would lift at a deficit until you stall, then slowly increase calories.
That way you get most gains for your buck, you should be able to lift for a month or so while on maintenance and then from there start your true.
TLDR: ease into the bulk but don't be afraid of gaining weight, also you have body dismorphia your body is above normalfag status, congrats I'm proud.

How do I stop being so angry all the time while cutting? Literally can't talk to anyone because they're all fucking frustrating.

Is it normal to have abnormally high temperature when cutting? It's been a week and I feel like I'm constantly in a sauna.

im 167 - what should i cut to to be jacked?

Been cutting for 8 months now. 220 to 170 right now. It's getting really fucking old and I'm losing all my strength and I don't even look good. When the fuck do I start seeing abs? I'm 5'8". Also, I run PPL, maybe one day my chest won't look like shit.

Need help cutting. I'm so fucking fat, and i refuse to lose weight. I have been eating

another 15 pounds for abs based on your size

this is bait

I'm serious. Should I just fast for a month?

Spinach > lettuce