Pull-ups every day?

Just bought a pull-up bar for a doorway, if i do 3xF pull-ups/chin-up every day, what will happen? Apart from that I will get better at doing pull-ups.

Also post age/length/bw/how many pull-ups and/or chin-ups youcan do.

23/5'10/168lbs/12pullups/17chinups

The bar will fall down most likely. Those doorway bars are shit. I hope you bought it used, there is already a million used ones for sale. Learn to drill a hole.

27yo 205cm 220kg 8

Chin ups for arm gainz
Pull ups for lats
Alternate every day if you want, it'll be easier on your shoulders and it'll build both up.

I do 2x10 every single day, my goal is 1x20. Dunno what will happen with 3xF, but definitely don't expect any sort of overtraining from it

Oh, I forgot, 24/5'11/156Ibs/12 pull-ups (don't know how many chin-ups I can do rested, mostly do the last. Most I have done lately is 11)
It on like pic related, bought it new, it was cheap. I can't drill holes in the apartment i live in. The doorway will probably fail before the bar does.
Yeah, I'm planning on switching every day, or alternating pulls/chins/pulls and chins/pulls/chins
>> 42445736
Wasn't expecting to overtrain, I will go to the gym too, though. Was hoping to move deadlifts from leg day to pull day, and only doing pull-ups at home, to save some time, and not have to do squats and deadlifts the same day.

do 20x5 or 40x5 every day

Do AMRAP in 4 minutes twice a day 6 days a week.

21 5'10 163lbs 7 wide, 10 pullups, 10 chinups. Use to do more, haven't been in practice so my strength is calcified. Finally doing pull ups again thank the gods.

>18
>6`5
>220 lbs
>I don't think I've ever done more than 8 pull ups in a row and I don't do chin ups so idk

>if i do 3xF pull-ups/chin-up every day
terrible move

look up grease the groove method, it works. Alternate pull/chin ups by the day

if you want to do more pull/chin ups then donig max effort sets is the worst thing you can do

what you need is many very submaximal sets. Its less fatigueing per set so you can achieve a great amount of volume that way

This method is called grease the groove. First thing you do is test your max rep pull/chin ups in one go with perfect form. Now you take that number and divide it by 2, so basicly half your max reps, and thats the amount you do for sets now. Now the trick is to do a set of half your max reps multiple times a day. Some like to do it every time they walk past the pull up bar

A good way is to note how many sets you did and do one or two more next day, this way you know youre having progress. If you do this every day after a couple of weeks test your max reps again and youll see you can do way more than before

I got the exact same pull up bar and it's held up for me, though I am a bit of a lightweight. I've had no issues, just make sure to tighten up the screws all the way so it stays fixed.

Ok, maybe I will try that, thanks for the tip. Off to the gym now.

You're not going to overtrain with bodyweight pull ups unless you do literally no pressing movements or already have fucking up rotator cuffs.

Do a rest day. And if you can do more than 10 in a row, then add weights.

As I said, I'm not expecting to overtrain. I also go to the gym 2-4 times a week.

Yeah, I'll probably do a rest day. I don't think I can add weights, I don't want the doorway to give out.

Progress to one arm pullups

Or bulk really hard, thats basically adding weights

>can't add weights because the doorframe will give in
>I know what, just add weight in bodyfat instead

Genius

thanks

>if you want to do more pull/chin ups then donig max effort sets is the worst thing you can do
>according to my ass

Yeah, I have been thinking about doing that, I have been looking at some progressions, but a lot of the involve adding weight.

22/5'10"/170lbs/25 pull ups/23 chin ups

>muh training my muscles to coordinate meme
any actual evidence that this is superior for hypertrophy?

20.6'1.70kg i can do at least 10, havent tested my bodyweight max in a while

Also dont fall for the 'chinups work your arms while pull ups work your back' meme
They both work both your arms and your back about equally, the only difference is which arm muscles/back muscles they work more
That being said its still a good idea to do both

18/188cm/75kg/13/17

175lbs bodyweight
I haven't tested unweighted in a while, but when I train I tie 50lbs to my waste and do 3x5

t. 1st year of lifting on brosplittards who know nothnig about training

go look up any real program, none have you train with max effort sets. Texas method, 531, sheiko, smolov jr, etc etc etc

plus grease the groove is a proven method, google 'grease the groove results' if you dont believe me

Retard. There is virtually no difference between the two. It's negligible.

What will happen is you'll get better for a bit, then stall out quickly. You need a progressive scheme to build strength and endurance.
5/5/5
5/5/6
5/6/6
6/6/6
6/6/7
Etc.

Once you can do 3x10, it's time to start doing weighted pull ups, but you won't be able to do that with a doorway bar.

TM has three max effort sets on ID
5/3/1 has a max effort set every training day (AMRAP)

those are both to measure progress, not the actual training

There's virtually no difference if you do wide grip.
With close grip chinups your biceps are really used a lot more.

28/175cm/86kg/24 neutral grip, or 3 reps with 52 kg
fucking orangutan mode

>doorway bars are shit
>220kg 8
really makes you think

20/6'0"/147/11pull/14chin you basically summed up what you're gonna get out of it

They are fine for people who aren't absolute fatasses or so advanced that they should have either a gym membership or a proper home gym. Most hold about 100-120 kg.

For some reason I feel compelled to reply to this thread.