Muslim Converts?

Has anyone on here converted to Islam or thought about doing so?

State reasons, circumstances, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/07Ien1qo_qI
youtu.be/uQWNeGyRu0k
youtu.be/DmIHsP3te1Y
youtu.be/Xkb2K2ElBX8
youtube.com/watch?v=AIqu5Dim-jU
youtube.com/channel/UCFB69_Atv5IStptn0JhHp_w/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Islamic calligraphy is so pretty

pretty sure you'll find more apostates here

Kufi master race reporting in (a flag I made, combining the Iraqi and Chicago flags into Chiraq, putting Chicago's motto in Arabic)

I'd love to hear their perspectives too, the Reddit exmuslim page is filled with angsty teenage English girls. While tawhid makes sense to me and has a beauty to it, the autism concerning music and dance concern me greatly, maybe that's only come to the fore with recent fundamentalist influence. That, and i am admittedly lazy, which makes praying five times a day difficult.

There isn't a problem with music and dance in mainstream sunni islam unless it's sexual or vulgar/vice ridden. it's just the saudis that are batshit insane and are following wahhabi doctrine that goes against 1400 years of Islam.

Islam is not a religion of Peace. Their holy book, the Korean teaches surrender to Allah and blow yourself up for Allah. Islam makes them do it. All that Islamic shit, I see on here makes me sick. Their callijhadgraphyslaytheinfidels is not pretty. It's jihad garbage and so is Islam. Islam says to kill the infidels and infiltrate society and bring sharia law. According to the Korean, their "holybook", it says to lie for allah and bomb for Allah.

>Their holy book, the Korean
hyper war never stopped...

Congrats, your low IQ is going to help bring more people towards Islam.
>According to the Korean
My sides

THE TRUTH, Y'ALL
WELL PUT NEIGHBOUR

> Christians
> Not following the same infiltration tactic into pagan society

Come on now

No its more of a storybooks with mohammed autism in it
It would be much better if they drop the whole thing on arabic being the holy language

Japanese Spotted

It's supposed to have been delivered in Arabic, and it's insisted that it be read in its original form. That's why they're so insistent on it being read in Arabic, or at the very least, preserved.

If you knew Arabic and took in its sublimity, you'd understand. Superior to Latin, imho. It's amazing such a beauty was developed orally

You ain't going to convince me at all. Islam is not a religion of peace you just need to read the Korean and understand that is not a religion of peace. The Korean clearly says slay all the infidels and kill all the Jews and Christians. So you claiming that we Christians was infiltrating Society is not true because we don't say kill all the infidels we say spread the word of God. The Korean does not preach that it preaches submission and blowing yourself up for Allah. Islam makes them do it I can't think of another religion and where you blow yourself up because their holy book The Korean told them to. There is no such thing as moderate Islam moderate Islam is blowing yourself up with firecrackers instead of dynamite. Moderate Islam is killing only a few of the infidels and not all of them. It's what the Korean says so I'm just citing what the Korean says.

And also thank you for understanding me and believing me that Islam is not a religion of peace. it's just not and none of what you just said is going to convince me otherwise. So thank you for understanding what else trying to say but these people just refuse to read the Korean.

Remember when Mohammed and company had high explosives?

Never, but I went to an Islamic board once to see what they were like and ask questions. It was a bunch of women talking shit about white women, I was so disgusted I never bothered again.

Man, those Roman Catholics just came about organically, totally not by purging heretics and excommunicating dissident populations.

This amount of unrelated sperg to a simple question shows your insecurity, hide it better

Really? Lol which one

>Islam is not a religion of Peace

Wtf, I love Islam now

Well obviously. Christianity largely spread “peacefully” in it’s early stages, even before becoming the State Church and thus having real martial power, with Ethiopia and Armenia having converted already. Islam (and Arab culture) has spread pretty much entirely through conquest and subsequent long-term persecution and erosion of native culture and Christianity, with willing conversions of nations only starting with some steppe nomads and then a millenia later Indonesia

> implying Jewish thinkers didn't have a golden age and compile a large part of their rabbincal tradition under the Islamic caliphate

I've talked about this before, but I'll bring it up again.

Thinking about converting to Islam to get with a girl. She's pretty religious, while I'm not. Are there any particular downsides to converting that I should consider? No pork is whatever, I already don't drink alcohol (my family has the gene for alcoholism so I keep away).

Is it an immoral reason to convert? I doubt I'll ever really fully believe but maybe I'll surprise myself. What's y'alls opinions?

I've thought about converting to Islam so that I can practice Sufiism in a proper capacity.

Right now I'm mostly interested in eastern philosophies, as I find them to be more accurate depictions of reality than our native Christianity, but also being a Westerner means I have a deep conception of "God" which I find difficult to shake in the way eastern philosophies usually do.

To that end, I see Sufiism as being an acceptable middle-ground between the two. It's rich mystical dimension is intuitive and full of wisdom that parallels the buddhists and hindus in terms of gravity, yet it also has the familiar abrahamic trappings of monotheism, a holy book, systemised prayer and worship, etc.

If Islam is to have any chance of integrating with Western culture, I fully believe it will need to greatly emphasize this beautiful mystic tradition it possesses.

I wouldn't say it's a bad thing, especially since marraige is half the deen. Have you been sexual with her though?

You and me both, though I do listen to some Salafi brothers from time to time, because some of what they say is right . Listen to Abdal Hakim Murad; he's a white convert and the dean of the Cambridge Islamic studies department, and he goes into exactly what you are talking about. He helped me convert, and I spent entire days watching his videos on YouTube.

youtu.be/07Ien1qo_qI
youtu.be/uQWNeGyRu0k
youtu.be/DmIHsP3te1Y

You're a white convert? How did that go? How did you deal with the idea of converting to the "enemy" religion?

The uncle of the Prophet (PBUH) became a Muslim to defend him without knowing about Islam really, but then he truly became a Muslim and was a great Companion. You should seriously learn about Islam before you become a Muslim, you are only a Muslim if you truly believe. Islam is pretty simple, mainly about there being only one God who created everything and is worthy of worship, and praying, fasting, being good in general. If you're just faking it you'll only have problems with her in the long run.

Sufism is true Islam, I say that as a Sufi Sunni Muslim. The only reason it isn't seen as such today is Saudi Arabian wahabbis have deep pockets and fund their version of things across the globe. Watch some lectures of Sheikh Hamza Yusuf, he's a great sufi scholar.

Muslims, not only muslim women, really, really hate white women. They think they are disgusting whores - all of them. Misogyny you see on this site is very lame compared to what you hear them saying.

Islam isn't associated with race, the Prophet (PBUH) had companions who were Roman, Persian, African, and Arab. Many groups with self interests have portrayed Islam in an incorrect light, if you try to learn a bit about it through correct sources (aka not wikislam and such sites) you might find what you're looking for.

>Muslims hate white women
*Arab Muslims hate whites

Yes is very true. The Islamic world is actually extremely racist in general

Obviously you are from an entirely different culture. That she is too orthodox to consider anyone outside of her religion will be reflective in other things.

Does "get with" mean get whatever you can get out of this? Don't know what you're looking for in this, but I dunno if it will be rewarding. If its just sex, maybe expand your social circle.

Thanks, I will

Oh I'm aware of that, I understand the universality of Islamic doctrine. I'm talking more in "pragmatic" terms, in the sense that there's very few native Europeans/Americans etc. who convert to Islam, especially considering all the angst around ISIS and immigration and such.

I have not been sexual with her no, that's an obvious sin.

I'll look into it some more and do some self reflection.

Well women only marrying Muslim men isn't orthodox at all. It's required, in fact. And no, I'm not just looking for sex. She's a wonderful woman who I could see spending the rest of my life with, although I'm not certain. It'll be years before I decide to get THAT serious.

I don't think Arabs are racist in Western sense - for them culture and Religion are more important than your hair dye or skin color.
But how they discriminate people is very similar to Western intolerance.

More or less, I'm an Amerimutt, enough of one to have no bond with either of my parent's cultures. I started out well, but I have been slacking on prayers since I am not really close to any mosque and I am lazy in many respects. Otherwise, I have fit in well with believers, although there are incongruences.

The way I see it, the postmodernist society in which we live is the true enemy for anyone who wished to possess a soul. It is one that the Party of 1984 would be jealous of in terms of mind control over its citizens (including myself, I have not completely broken free from certain conditioning). Like the Christian and Muslim mystics which lived in the caves of Lebanon side-by-side, those who have not been conquered by their nafs (sense of self) can live among each other in peace when our desire to conquer and control the dunya has been quelled.

Ah, I get you. Yeah it's probably tough since Muslims in western countries often have communities built around their ethnic groups so they don't feel isolated, aka Arabs, Pakistanis, etc. So for converts it can be hard if they don't have anyone else, especially with the whole "Radical Islam" media. I think people are pretty tolerant towards Muslims here in the US from what I've experienced at least in major cities. Most Americans/Europeans don't get to interact with Muslims or learn about Islam outside of the latest news on a bombing somewhere in the world so conversion rates are low and people don't know much about Islam. Overall people are pretty tolerant, the tough part about becoming Muslim is likely your family's reaction to it, it was that way for my mom.

Saudi destruction of religious sites really pisses me off.

Kek no
The saytan would always be there to stray away the sons of adam,and if the book is right the Dajjal would emerge and become the great deceiver and signal the end of the world
Better stack up on your virtues and lessened your sins

Same. Mecca and Medina were ruled by the Ottomans who safeguarded it, they were Sufi Sunni Muslims. Then the Wahabbi/Salafi Saudis came, they demolished the graves of all of the companions, destroyed the house in which the Prophet (PBUH) was born, Khadija his wife's house, and many other sites of Islamic history. There was even a time it was rumored they wanted to destroy the grave of the Prophet (PBUH) because it is a tomb but the world became outraged and they denied it. Allah will surely punish them, they are the worst enemy of Islam.

I have never met a Muslim in America that supports the Saudis, especially not the fundamentalists.

>Saudi-style Wahhabism probably responsible for 85% of the terrorist shit the world puts up with on a daily basis
>not even just political Islamism, actual straight-up "everyone who isn't an autistic wahhabi is a kafir who needs to be killed" insanity
>every man thrown off a building or car driven into a crowd of pedestrians a result of Saudi Arabia and their draconian, power-hungry Islamic perversion
>>"Saudi Arabia is our greatest ally in the Middle East, let's focus all of our hate on Iran for no real reason instead!"

Yeah, the saudis try to build mosques throughout the world using their petrodollars to propagate their radical beliefs but thankfully most educated Muslims don't buy into it. I'll be happy when the oil runs out and the saudis go back to being shepherds and regular Muslims can take back control.

Yeah, they ruined a lot of countries with their madrasas. Pakistan used to be mostly sufi and peaceful and then their funds came, I'm scared for other Sufi Muslim countries like Bosnia, turkey, etc. Going down the same path.

Pisslam is about as terrible as any other abrahamic faith. Nobody with any sense should waste their time on it.

I am an atheist, but I am constantly reading up on or listening too podcasts about the Faith's that follow the covenant of Abraham.

Absolutely fascinating stuff, Old Testament, New Testament, the Suras/Qu'Ran. All of it is cool shit man.

If you convert or are thinking about it, I'd recommend talking to a few local leaders of your local Mosque or Church.

Though this board is good for banter, memes, or introducing something academic and interesting, I'd be careful about how much stock you take from us anons.

Good luck on your spiritual journey my friend.

PS. Just don't take everything that was written by man for man %100 seriously. Not very healthy way of operating with the little time we have

>read the Korean
너 뭐야, 외국인?

Not a convert myself, but knowing quite a few converts I always see them as edgelords and mild autists that need purpose in their life but more importantly want to befriend more socially interactive migrants that would not even interact with them if it was not for their faith

I'm sorry but I can never take muslim converts seriously especially the ones that have absolutely no roots to any islamic country

>sufism

unironically kill yourself you degenerate non muslim larper

Fuck off not even him but sufism goes back centuries you faggot.

Daily reminder that if you're white and you convert to islam you deserve the rope

Sufrism > sufism :DDDD

centuries of heresy, drug taking and dancing and so on yeah, it's "spiritualism", the equivalent of new agey psuedo buddhists and people who want to be muslim while getting drunk on the weekends

good thing im a nigger

I didn't really think about converting but I got seriously intrigued by it for a while
the non-extremist, non-wahhabi versions of it are far better than christianity by a long shot
it's still too "radical" in some ways, some of the laws and customs are too restrictive and while I enjoy the conservativeness, it is too much so when it comes to certain aspects
I guess if islam reformed into a bit more "relaxed" fusion of early islam and ottoman islam with some sufi elements it might be worth converting into but in the end the existence of a personal god is reprehensible to me

oh and calligraphy and the geometric pattern art are some of the most beautiful things I have seen, but apparently they aren't as popular nowadays which is sad

>Islam (and Arab culture) has spread pretty much entirely through conquest and subsequent long-term persecution and erosion of native culture.

No, and no again about the other ahistorical shit about Christianity too.

Muslim here, Islam is pretty based and superior to cucktiannity.

I have, solely so this qt albanian girl that I'm friends with at university will go out with me.

are qt conservative waifus the true allure of islam

Unironically yes.

Kek'd

I'd very much like to visit that forum. Link please!

Not to mention that the catholics are themselves a bunch of seperatist heretics.

>Being this historically illiterate.

Christianity had plenty of conversion by the sword when it wasn't just embraced by the top brass in an obvious attempt at centralisation, which ironically repeated itself during the protestant reformation.

Meanwhile islam spread slowly to the conquered peoples, helped by the fact that the arabs had a tendency to set up shop in new founded military garrison cities rather than the already existing cities and that they relied a great bit on the taxes they imposed on the non-muslims.
Meanwhile the first conquered roman lands were places that had had a chronic problem with heretics who didn't necessarily viewed the arabs as evil conquerers but rather as a force that would safeguard their religious freedom from imperial persecution.

Are memri memes accepted in this thread?

Rats, here's a one for full size people

Is this real?

Das rite

You don't even know XD

Here's a good compilation:

youtu.be/Xkb2K2ElBX8

It is noteworthy, funny as kebabs are, that memri is run by former mossad

That's what makes it even funnier :D

Oh my, all the Islamophobia in this thread is hurting my feelings. I'm calling the cyber police. (And I'm telling Allah.)

I'm not a dunecoon in desperate need of an identity. What does islam have to offer to me?

*gasp* RUDE!!!!

Here's my personal favorite:

youtube.com/watch?v=AIqu5Dim-jU

Master trolls are at work in Egypt

Do Memri still upload new content?

Yes it does, here's their channel:

youtube.com/channel/UCFB69_Atv5IStptn0JhHp_w/videos

Praise be. Thank you, sir.

Mainstream Muslims see Sufism as heretical hippie weirdos.

>tfw you watch a video, think it’s ironic and a parody
>tfw you realise it actually isn’t and it becomes a thousand times more hilarious

>the existence of a personal god is reprehensible to me

Quran 50:16

وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنسَانَ وَنَعْلَمُ مَا تُوَسْوِسُ بِهِ نَفْسُهُ وَنَحْنُ أَقْرَبُ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ حَبْلِ الْوَرِيدِ

"And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein"

Sounds pretty personal to me

It's a legitimately strong reason for me to consider converting.

Allah sounds pretty lewd desu

... Jews invented Shia paganism?

Thruth there is.

The earlier civilization understands that Islam is its antithesis the faster we can save it from fall.

> two posts
> same incompetency in English composition

I smell a samefag.

reminder that sufism is INNOVATION and inherently unislamic

I don't see why the original text shouldn't be considered definitive. Jews are the same way with Hebrew. I'm not religious by any means but if you believe something is holy, you'd wouldn't want to mess with it. Christians are the opnly ones who don't seem to give a shit, and most of them can barely read the KJV, given all the baby translations there are of the NT.

That said, most Muslims don't even speak Arabic -- they are Indonesian, Malay, etc. This doesn't seem fair to them.

Yes, i too remember when god created the KJV

OMG u re such a beta!

Holy shit I was actually joking when I said I was considering it to get with a girl, but this guy seems like he’s serious.

Sounds like a perfectly terrible idea, user. She doesn't like you now, she isn't going to like you when you're a fake Muslim, and she especially isn't going to like hearing why you pretended to convert.

you're a salafi retard so fuck off

Veeky Forums is Sunni Muslim board. Shia need not apply lest they disgrace themselves before Allah.

the good thing about islam is that it will destroy the self-destructive abomination the west has turned into and bring back the moral values the west has lost

can´t wait to convert and enjoy my bacha bazi after giving my wife a good beating