What Are Veeky Forums Opinions on Bernard Montgomery?

Personally I feel the /bern/ but I get the criticisms of him. How is he in comparison to other generals of WWII?

Second tier general at best by capability.

Bottom tier politically.

Second tier in comparison to what? I think he was up there with the best of the WWII generals, but I admit that he isn't among the greatest of all time.

And I guess he isn't great politically seeing as I've never thought of him that way. What do you mean by that?

Chad Zhukov vs Virgin Monty

Better than meme generals like Patton and Rommel but quite below high tier generals like model.

Slim was the best British general of the war. Monty got overhyped because he was fighting Germans with British troops, rather than Japanese with indians

>And I guess he isn't great politically seeing as I've never thought of him that way. What do you mean by that?

Monty was an autistic drama queen who would often start shit with other generals over his ego or opinions. Eisenhower was basically a giant baby-sitter.

two words.
Market
Garden

wait no, I have 3 more, so 5 words

Home
By
Christmas

Some of my dads uncles served under Slim.
It's a shame that he might be a Pedophile

It was old school paedoing. Before it got such a bad name

pic related for example

Jesus christ the allies had terrible uniforms

Turned the tide of the war whether you fucking like it or not
First general to actually win a victory against Germany

Why the fuck would anyone want to wear the lamest military hat known to man? Isn't he embarrassed to wear a fucking sock on his head while all the other generals wear their elegant visor hats?

At first he was in a situation where it was absolutely imperative that he not suffer a decisive defeat. The Brits had to be seen to at least stop the bleeding, for their own morale and for international support. Monty had to be ultra cautious because of this, if the war had been in a different situation in 1941 he maybe would have been a bit more expansive and aggressive.

Frenched.com

>It's a shame that he might be a Pedophile

Weren't there similar accusations against Montgomery too?

How did they get such an uncanny actor to portray him?

Both Rommel and Patton were above Monty, who was the true meme.

He never faced the Japanese. He occupied ground from a retreating enemy that had had its navy and air power destroyed by others and was thus unable to wage warfare.

Not all of them

god, kepis are aesthetic af

Pr*ssians will never recover

objectively terrible taste

"wait no, I have 3 more, so 5 words

Home
By
Christmas"
He had a bet with Eisenhower over if the war would end before the end of 1945.
On Dec. 31 1945 Eisenhower sent Monty the 5 pounds. Monty was arguably one of the most realistic generals of the war.

So who was Imphal?

The brother of kohima?

>"In 1925, in his first known love affair, Montgomery, then in his late thirties, courted a 17-year-old girl, Miss Betty Anderson. His method of courtship apparently included drawing diagrams in the sand of how he would deploy his tanks and infantry in a future war, a contingency which seemed very remote at that time."

Was it autism?

ok cuck

>LE COOL HUGO BOSS UNIFORMS xD