I started counting calories and reduced carbs and dropped about 45 pounds in 4 months with that alone...

I started counting calories and reduced carbs and dropped about 45 pounds in 4 months with that alone, starting weight was 370. Anyways im in this mindset where I finally see the whole picture and I decide im going to finally hit the gym go all in. Looking for inspiration on insta I look at obese to beast. Show my wife his before and after and tell her its amazing. All she sees is loose skin and says that's disgusting. This kinda shocked me, if I reach my goal my wife will think im disgusting. How do you deal with negative people in your life that don't share your vision and goal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a7oyTazgBmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ignore gains goblins, lift for yourself.

crush them

Thanks it kinda sucks, I thought it was going to be something that I was going to have her full support in. Seems to be more sabotaging than anything.

with no survivors

Women don't know what they want.

Work out. Be healthy.

She's probably knocking your progress because it makes her feel insecure.

at least you are aware of it
good look on your progress

Thanks for cheering me up senpai.

Unfortunately there are a lot of bucket crabs on the path to fitness. They'd rather you stay at their level than ascend to a higher tier. Whenever someone questions what you're doing simply laugh and say okay, then continue doing it. At the end of the day, nobody gets to decide how you want your body to be but you.

I could see some of this being true.

Insecure women do that to you
I remember when my ex was always preparing high caloric food and guilttripping me to eat it, looking for excuses for me and telling me that I'm overtraining (even tho I was running only 20km a week)
good thing I dumped her

Man this is some great thinking, im going to try and be more liken this. Thanks!

Obese to beast guy is really cool, if he's your inspiration then so be it. He said he doesn't want skin removal surgery and that's fine.

If you reach your goal you can always do it (if you have the money. Go for it man. Going to the gym will make things go faster and maybe you'll even fall in love with it like most people here.

My friends all say how I'm so disciplined and shit going to the gym 6/7 times a week. Truth is I probably only have to force myself to go only once or twice in a month. I just fucking enjoy working on myself - it's kinda how you just take some time in an RPG to improve your character so you grind a lot before going in that cave.

Also as for your wife - she WILL need to understand this and explain to her your goals and how you're going to achieve them. Doing things on your own is fine but with support its easier.

If you're 370 now, you will almost certainly need/want excess skin removal surgery once you get down to your goal weight. It's just part of the process.

Yeah like theres times when I will be shopping and she just throws in loafs of bread even though we had said we wouldnt eat bread as much.

Is that really true, even if he loses the weight at a slow and steady pace? Because if so then holy fuck why don't all obese people just crash diet to healthy weight by fasting or some shit if you're going to get saggy skin anyway.

this guy also has loose skin but IMO even with it, he looks good
youtube.com/watch?v=a7oyTazgBmk

Its funny you say that , I used to love the progression feeling in Wow. Ive always thought I should think of fitness as the same, a progression path to a goal with an endgame of staying fit.

Thanks, yeah Ive had this in the back of my mind. Ive been thinking about setting up a saving and throwing a few hundred a month into it. Then when I reach my goal I can have a surgery if I really want it. I actually used to lift alot when I was younger but some how life took me away from the path and I have been on perma bulk with no lift for like 8 years.

Maybe thats how they tell them selves its ok to stay fat.

Time for the biggest cut of your life. Keep us posted user.

Check out the fitocracy app or website. You log in your workout and get XP to level up, you might like that .

That's exactly the way I do it, and you'll probably get a ton of different "quests" or personal goals for yourself and it feels so damn good when you reach them.

I picked up running as a hobby. Fucking running. I'm not the fittest person ever but if I were to tell 18 year old fatass me I'm gonna enjoy running, he'll be amazed that he wouldn't be a lazy fuck his whole life.

I had (still have) goals for every aspect.
My first running goal was to just be able to run for a freaking minute without being close to passing out.

2 weeks later I amazed myself by running 5 minutes straight without stopping.

Fast forward to now - I did 5k (24 min) and 10k(56)

Write shit down even if it's on your phones notepad. Take progress pics (I wish I did this earlier) I was embarrassed at first but I reached the point where I'm pretty happy with myself and would love to see a side by side comparison.

Yeah , I have alot to think about, I dont want to stray from my goals and be dead to obesity in my 40's

That sounds awesome I will look into it, thanks!

Oh man I love your ideas, I was looking at couch to 5 k type of progress when I loose a little more weight but I gues I can start with mini goals.

Just remember, the most important thing is that this is a life change. Completely. When you're at your goal weight it doesn't end. Changing your eating habits and beginning to lift is not a means to an end, it's a complete overhaul of your life for the better and healthier. It's easy to see the change as "going on a diet" because that suggests that you'll be off of it at some point. No matter what you choose to do, make sure that it's sustainable. Don't try and do some crazy calorific deficit if you know that you'll want to do a huge cheat meal at some point. For sure you'll need to be at a deficit, but do it at a pace that's right for you.

I've tried couch to 5k and similar apps like 100 push-ups and honestly the progression annoyed me a bit. Made me feel bad how I would reach a certain level and get stuck there for while then sort of strayed from the app.

It's all up to you, like I've said - running was never a part of my plan. I did it to burn off extra calories and then I got addicted to the whole feeling of progression. (You can progress quite quickly in the beginning).

The best thing running did for me is when I realized "holy shit I couldn't do this 2 weeks ago, the effort in putting in is actually taking me somewhere" this is only after 7 "runs" or so.

Yeah im definitely wanting to stay away from start stop diets and like you said im adopting a new lifestyle and nutrition plan. Im actually just following fitness pals calorie plan sticking to it, I really want to make it.

Yeah I love that feeling, I used to have that eeling when I would lift and get a new pr. Im going to try running and just increase every day a little bit more.

I don't know what to tell you man, your skin is going to be fucked one way or another, you're going to have stretch marks and loose skin here and there. You're still going to look and feel a lot better than you would as a fatass though.
Sorry to say that nature is cruel, the human body was never meant to be 370lbs. This is as much a recovery as it is a road to self improvement, that weight was a serious malady/injury and you'll never be as good as you would have been without it. I was 300lbs at one point and I'm just under 200lbs now with a goal weight of 180, stretch marks are the bane of my existence and loose skin isn't fun either. Still I look better than I did as a fatass and my loose skin isn't so bad that I feel like I should cover it up at the beach or whatever. Apart from cosmetic appeal the difference in your energy levels and general physical ability is more than worth it and you get more out base pleasures like sex drugs and alcohol

Thanks man, I guess the trade off is more than worth it and will be a reminder not to lose discipline again.

As someone who has gone from north of 100kg's to 65kg's I can tell you that it helps to gain a little bit of muscle to at least use up a bit of that skin.

Someone I work with is similar, I didn't even know he used to be fat until someone told me, as his muscles have filled in the loose skin.

An alternative is to just get the operation to remove the skin, its not that bad.

>dropped about 45 pounds in 4 months with that alone, starting weight was 370.

I was 270, and I somehow lost that amount in three months. There's always surgery, but it's expensive.

That's the thing, going to the gym is fun. Seeing results is fun. Idiots think it's a chore and that's why they stay fat.

>How do you deal with negative people in your life that don't share your vision and goal?

This will probably lead to a lot of conflict but you have to ignore them. You know what makes yourself feel the best. They don't.

Thats a great point, I guess I was putting too much weight (lol fat pun) on peoples opinions.

Fit with disgusting loose skin is way better than being fat. Keep it up, I guarantee you will look better when you're done.