Veganism and Vegans

This thread has been created for the sole purpose of discussion of the vegan lifestyle and those who practice it. Wether you support them, or are aganist them, doesnt matter, posts your opinions here.

My opinion? Im preffer eating meat, as non of the benefits they promise are true. Non of their arguments seem true either, and lack fundament or facts to support them. Then again this is only my opinion.

What´s Veeky Forums´s opinion regarding this matter? Are you like me, aganist them, or do you support them?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.bulletproof.com/carl-lewis-vegan/
discord.gg/pqkKZS
pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/pediatrics/125/1/e122.full.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2920903/pdf/ehp-118-1027.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1892109/pdf/ehp0115-000876.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1280349/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874619/pdf/nihms-158991.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19059903
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2920922/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/452631
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16076107
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3628202
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7144835
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3514209/
features.peta.org/PETASeaKittens/
nature.com/news/1-500-scientists-lift-the-lid-on-reproducibility-1.19970?WT.mc_id=SFB_NNEWS_1508_RHBox
discord.gg/bdnfkuy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Personally, my diet is mostly vegetable-based (it's cheap), but includes some fish, or eggs, or meat everyday. I believe that we all should eat a fuckton more vegetables and fish than we do, but also that excluding foodstuff is an easy way to cause health issues, unless done with care.
I don't 'support' vegans, but don't consider it an eating disorder either. Adults are free to eat whatever they want, it's their body they put at risk.

I think veganism's only real argument is that it's ethical. The health benefits are, like all diets, highly debatable and it being more eco-friendly, although true, is probably exaggerated.

Unless you are a fascist/nazi I don't think it's possible to defend eating meat without looking like a hypocrite. I don't mean this as an insult though; furthering the herrenrasse is needed, but I despise when a liberal advocates for human rights whilst eating meat. This is all based on a personal belief that animals are close enough to humans emotionally that killing/hurting them is equal to doing that to people.

I don't support vegansism as the leftist meme it is today as I believe that it will inflate the market and, once the meme dies, will lead to veganism being set back a decade or so. If you're genuinely dedicated and not just following a trend then I support you fully since you aren't doing any harm.

I'm vegetarian, not vegan. Vegan is OK but I'm not sure about this stuff with the B12 vitamin.

Don't plan on becoming vegan. I'm against eating flesh for religious reasons but I think perfect harmony between the species is symbiotic. It makes no sense to be in a world in which you can serve the animals and somehow be served back, as long as you are not doing them harm.

I accidently everything there. Correcting:

>it makes sense to live in a world in which you can serve the animals and benefit from their service as well, as long as neither part is harmed.

Like vegans, I believe animal life is just as valuable as human life. Unlike vegans, I believe animal life is worthless.

Vegeterian here, OP would you not agree that cholesterol is bad? Vegans eliminate that from their diets, if you care to look there is a lot of evidence to support the fact a vegan diet is optimal for health.

Veganism can be unhealthy just the same as eating meat can be. There are plenty of fat diabetic vegans putting themselves in an early grave. Eating meat isn't unhealthy because it's meat. Everyone knows you are all just a bunch of faggots who use "muh health" as a cover up for being little beta bitches who don't like the idea of people eating dead animals.

Yeah cholesterol is bad but in all honestly, Im completly healthy (except for some allergy issues) even thought I eat meat on a daily basis.

Cholesterol cant affect you if you balance it with a healthy lifestyle.

vegan=vegetarian
toomayto=toomahto

I legitimately wish for all vegans to die immediately.

>vegan=vegetarian
what are eggs and dairy?

Read this if you want the ultimate red pill on this topic.

Yeah, I thoroughly respect that belief since it's consistent. The fags who get disgusted by the thought of eating doggos but gladly eat pigs are the kind of meat eaters I dislike.

I don't know if this is the case globally, but here "vegetarian" actually means not eating any animal products. "Vegan" means neither eating nor using animal products (e.g leather, gelatin). "Lacto-ovo-vegetarian" means eating eggs and milk but avoiding meat. No one cares about these "official" meanings though and just uses vegan and vegetarian like most people are used to around here.

>what to eat to add years to your life
>who to pray to live for eternity

Christ I cannot believe you people believe he is a source. Dr. Oz of cucks.

/thread

Agree for the most part.

eh? what are you on about?

Hey vegecucks, can anyone give me a meal recommendation that will contain aprox 50gr protons without having to eat a truckload of food?

Eat 60g of seitan.

Uh? Just googled it. Is that stuff dificult to get? Is it cheap?

If you buy it pre-made it can be expensive, is one of those hipster vegan foods.
If you buy some gluten and make it from scratch, it's the cheapest per gram of protein on the market, around here at least. It's incomplete protein, so make sure you get some (30mg/kg) Lysine from other shit.

Cool

I am doing 3 meals a day, one oatmeal and two meals with pasta or vegetables and meat.

I am thinking of switching to 1 oatmeal, 1 vegetarian plate, and 1 meat plate with greens

Sounds good, I'd throw some oily fish in there too.

I am eating chia seeds for omega 3 every day because I developed an allergic reaction to fish oil.
And I can't eat fish every day.

Then you're all set.

I have thought about doing a vegan or at least vegetarian diet but 2 of my family members and 2 of my closest friends tried and did everything recommended and they all ended up going to the hospital on and off that it has made me second guess trying it

DO NOT.

Everything they promise is false. You should ONLY go vegetarian if you care about their ethics. If not then fuck that

I tried a no meat diet for a while. I loss 20 kilograms/ 45 pounds. I don't necessarily think it was the new diet that helped me lose weight. However it did encourage me to eat less fast food and candy. Simply beacuse of the volume of animal products used in most items it forced me to think more about what I was eating. If anything just being more disciplined about what you are eating simply makes you think more about it to. It's good just for a try. Fuck those ethical fags, if you really want to be self righteous just fucking plant a tree ffs.

Honestly, way too many of you look at this from a nutritional standpoint. I swear most people don't actually know why vegans are doing what they're doing.

The main reason people become vegans are for environmental and ethical reasons. I care about my health, but could give fuck all about it in comparison to why I think veganism is the ethically superior option. That's why I made the transition.

Lol become vegan cause deep down they know that eating flesh is a SIN

"Vibrations have surfaced of where you belong, where you came from..."

Beacuse we cant refute an argument beacuse we simply dont care about it. We arent convinced about the enviromental reasons (we think is bs) and we dont care not much more about the ethics argument.

Therefore, we look at it from a view point we actually care about, nutrition.

Sin my ass, there are a few dates were I cant eat meat but thats about it. Fuck off.

VEGANISM IS A LIE.

What do vehicles with petroleum-burning engines, and anything electric have in common? They're all powered by FOSSIL FUELS, which come from dead animals. Vegans aren't allowed to own or use ANYTHING that came from an animal -- therefore any so-called 'vegan' that drives a vehicle or uses anything electric is CHEATING and is NOT VEGAN. They may as well stop kidding themselves and go eat a steak, they all FAIL.

So-called 'vegans' also suffer from progressive cognitive deficit due to chronic amino acid deficiencies from malnutrition. That's why vegancucks don't make sense, their brains don't work correctly anymore. People I've known who were vegan then gave it up and went back to eating animal products regularly showed positive changes in their personalities and started being able to think more clearly again.

Vegans brains are so addled that they think you can raise an INFANT as vegan and expect it to be healthy and develop properly -- which it will NOT. Any pediatrician will tell you that you should not feed a baby a strict vegetarian diet, it will sicken, fail to develop, fail to thrive, and ultimately DIE. Pediatricians who encounter parents who insist, against all professional medical advice, in feeding their infant a Vegan diet, are reported to the police and to Child Protective Services, because it is legally considered CHILD ABUSE. What does THAT tell you?

Face it, vegancucks: humans are OMNIVORES, even many vegans admit it, and your meme 'lifestyle' is anti-health, anti-HUMAN, and exists as a political statement more than anything else, erroneously placing dumb lower animals above humans, which is pants-on-head stupid.

More evidence that Veganism is a LIE and actually hurts humans in the long run:
Veganism DESTROYS the fitness of pro athletes
blog.bulletproof.com/carl-lewis-vegan/

Jesus Christ just eat a little fucking b12 pill

Your reason that they are emotionally close to humans only pertains to mammals, anything else doesn't have the brain chemistry for emotions and once you get down the cerebral hierarchy to fish they can't even feel pain and are pretty much just moving plants that can learn a couple routines.

It's not hypocrisy because the person wants to defend human rights because they love humans for more than the fact that they are living and breathing, they love them because they are their brother, they feel the same pain, the same plight.
Your fellow humans can feel and observe the universe in the same capacity you can and you want them to be able to continue to do so, animals can observe but they can't contemplate or love like humans can.

Not even against veganism but I feel like 40% of them would stop if they learned about biology.

Just went vegan but having trouble hitting my protein easily, should i start taking soy products like tofu and meat substitute? Would this actually raise estrogen and possible cause GYNO?

where can i get my lysine from?

Well, if you aren't vegan but are just into this for the cheap protein, you might have it already in your diet if it includes some meat/fish/eggs/cheese.
If you want to be really cheap, or really vegan: lentils are a good source.
But if you go full vegan then you have to start supplementing a load of nutrients, the cheap factor loses a bit of its shine - personally I have lentils as my primary carb source, and seitan as my primary protein source, but make sure to include some animal products too.

Any legumes

Yeah cholesterol is bad because it raises test and nobody in here seriously wants to be high test, right? I mean why else are we vegans?

New discord :
discord.gg/pqkKZS

Cringe thread

Half the meat eaters say that dietary cholesterol doesn't raise serum cholesterol (so you won't get heart disease from eggs) and the other half say it raises it, but it is necessary for test
Which is it

Meat and animal products will contribute to your death but it's worth it

Every single vegan I've ever met was a scrawny bitch with liberal views
I'm not a very smart man so I'm not arguing with anyone but from my point of view there must be something with a vegan diet that turns males into nu males

Vegans want cows, pigs and chickens to go extinct truly despicable people.

fuck off milkjar, go eat deer shit since you can't shit yourself

almost 2 years vegan, i'm really curious how they fucked up the easiest diet on the planet.

you can get 180 days of b12 for 9$, you probably spend way more in dairy in a week than in 6 months, shooting up your ass b12 it's even cheaper, but i don't recommend it though.

>
sub-human vegan here (12-75-13), i binged on oreos and alcohol an entire week during christmas 2016 (+4k kcal/d) and gained about 2lbs of fat, i don't think is that bad thinking about how much you would just gain to loosen up a little as a meat eater during christmas time, and as a matter of fact i do know, since i was one for over 19 years, i usually gained about 6-8lbs just "loosing up" and "try everything in moderation" it's just stupid thinking about food that way. being a "beta" doesn't mean a fucking thing. If you're one of those nihilistic idiots, clearly you don't belong here since you can't see that everything you do have consequences and the most of the things you do matters in the long run.

first off welcome, how much protein numbers are you trying to hit? Also, no, there's no need to eat soy products if you don't want to, and also, no, there's no correlation between soy products and gyno, I had gyno since I was 10 and I never ate soy until 10 years later.

pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/pediatrics/125/1/e122.full.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2920903/pdf/ehp-118-1027.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1892109/pdf/ehp0115-000876.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1280349/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874619/pdf/nihms-158991.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19059903
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2920922/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/452631
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16076107
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3628202
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7144835
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224

fuck off now

>dude studies by people who think microwave ovens and vaccines cause cancer lmao
Shouldn't you be busy eating 3 bucket fulls of beans for that sweet 10g of protein?

Why are the vegans in here vegan?
Because health or poor animals?

Been vegan for two years now. Best decision I ever made.

Reminder that if you aren't strictly raw vegan you are a fraud and should kill yourself.

i love it when you people forget that food is a package deal but instead, you follow the advice of idiots on youtube who roids that much that you don't understand where they're trying to get, or if they're ever going to stop.
I'm not talking about being satisfied, but these people are bulking and cutting all their fucking life, to gain 1lbs of muscle in a year.

Btw, 1 can of white beans (spanish) have about 18g of proteins, even if it's ironical it's a really weak statement to make and doesn't add any fucking thing, like, are you even try at this point to be edgy?

Nearly every fucking vegan general has a picture of a roidhead bodybuilder who claims to be vegan and a title like
>you need to eat meat to get big XD
I'm not going to eat 500 calories of expensive meme beans to get a laughable amount of protein back.

i wrote spanish beans because it's what I enjoy the most, but all beans have pretty much the same protein for 100g (they're also equally cheap, i don't know where the fuck you live)

there's literally no reason to eat more than 40g of protein after training for maximizing protein synthesis in the body, this means 500 cal of beans + veg (like zucchini and eggplants) you can easily reach 40g, i don't even know what are you trying to point out now

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3514209/

forgot pic

don't bother, some people can't be helped. we just have to wait for them to die and a less retarded generation to come along

>The health benefits are, like all diets, highly debatable
everything is highly debatable, doesn't mean one side isn't completely factually wrong. there's even debate about whether or not some dude who was literally god walked around on earth doing magic tricks.

does your life have value?

this is meme. your body makes enough cholesterol to make all the test you need, unless you're some one in million genetic freak. eating more cholesterol has no benefits to free test levels.

i'm a lifetime vegan, not scrawny, not a liberal. checkmate atheists!

>Vegans aren't allowed to own or use ANYTHING that came from an animal
you're top kek stupid

this
vegan is a diet. and the people that make it a 'lifestyle' r just cringy millenial nutjobs that eat 10 grams of protein per day

Why are you vegan

Vegans are gay.

because i think it's wrong to kill sentient beings unless you absolutely have to

How come a cuck that cares about other species like you isn't it a liberal?

Vegayns?
It's worse than that.
Vegans are GERMAN.

VEGAYHANS.

caring about other species isn't a core value of liberalism

People ITT.

You are 100% correct. The real heart of vegan philosophy is anthropomorphism. Vegans believe that all animal life is equal to humans, and wrongly conclude that all (or most) animals are capable of a broad range of emotional states, like humans. So you see vegan propaganda of dairy cows "crying" because they are separated from their calves, for instance, or inversely, you see propaganda of a happy "family" of cows with mummy cow and baby cows all together. JUST LIKE HUMAN FAMILIES ^___^

My absolute favourite one is PETA's attempt to rebrand fish as "sea kittens", to try to give them a more cuddly and affectionate image. I'm not even joking: features.peta.org/PETASeaKittens/

>Vegans believe that all animal life is equal to humans
strawman. majority of vegans don't think human and animal life is equal.

>its time to post my jew sponsored studies again

nature.com/news/1-500-scientists-lift-the-lid-on-reproducibility-1.19970?WT.mc_id=SFB_NNEWS_1508_RHBox

LOL

I am a nigger hater and I hate niggers just as much as I hate you vegans. I wish I could kill you guys too when I eat meat.

All vegans I've ever met or heard about believe animals life is equal to human. Now what?

You likely misunderstood their position. But let's say they actually hold those beliefs. So what? Their belief has nothing to do with what veganism is. It's an (illogical) add-on. The moral underpinnings of veganism do not depend on animal life having equal value to human life.

I'm a former vegan and I've known countless vegans, I know all the moral arguments for and against veganism inside out. So fuck right off with your condescending "you misunderstood" deflection, cunt. Veganism is an arbitrary dietary choice with no logical underpinnings, but that doesn't give vegans the sense of superiority they crave, so they invariably latch onto high-minded moral arguments giving humans and animals equal status in the world. To their mind they preach that killing an animal is morally equivalent to killing a person. I've known vegans who would get pissed off if you even kill a mosquito or a fly in front of them, because "all animals have the same right to live". All vegans latch onto the moral arguments.

I think people that support veganism on Veeky Forums are the only people on this planet who take veganism seriously and do it because x and y

Meanwhile every other human being outside Veeky Forums is vegan because it's trendy and other people do it (it's le current year) plus it gives you sympathy points with other bandwagon idiots

There are other proofs for being vegan:

Humans cannot eat/digest RAW meat. U don't see tiger have the need for having their steaks. They love bloody meat. Alot of carnivores get their water from the blood of their prey

Humans don't have short intestinal tracts like carnivores do. We have super long ones like herbivores. Short tract means rotting meat will pass through you faster. So u won't get sick.

We have flat molars and can chew our jaws left to right, like other herbivores. Carnivores don't and can't.

hi athene u fucking retard

no. if anything it will decrease your estrongen. The study retards here links was based on ONE diabetic fat fuck who drank a shitton of soy milk

Dumbest post itt
That's like saying every living being on this planet is not capable of flying a Boeing 747, except the human, therefor all animals are inferior to humans and we shouldn't have empathy with them and just eat them

you cant meet 50g of protein a day?

He's new to veganism and no one told him yet that you have to be a cock sucking faggot that swallows to meet his daily protein intake

50g a day, are you a hobbit?

some times its difficult to not get too much protein on a vegan diet.. unless you are a ittle fruitboy bitch

Meat is pretty tasty, especially when lightly seasoned and fresh from the butcher. Vege is pretty good on all accounts, and from my experience most vegan foods are just slightly plainer varieties of the foods I enjoy.

For me it's a question of what you want. Vegans care about the ethics and politics of their foods, same with vegetarians. Not the biggest priority for me, so it's rarely on my mind. I guess I'm bothered when people treat it like a religion and have to preach and prattle about how great all this is and how the lifestyle does this, etc.

Vegan discord discord.gg/bdnfkuy

How do you eat 1700kcals yet hit the minerals, vitamins and protein intake(120g) without animal products?

I don't eat much meat and when I do it's mostly seafood or fish which is part of my culture but sometimes I just don't feel like getting either

you dont need 120g of protein & 17 bananas will give you that nuts rice exc no problem

>you dont need 120g of protein

I lift and I'm on a cut getting rid of that last 1-2% to achieve 10% bf, I do need 2g per kg of protein.

why do you need 10% bf? it wont make you happy

10% bf wont help you forget her

because I started lifting to look like a greek god(I have a boner for ancient cultures) and health

I'm happy with all the progress I made so far and can't wait to bulk, being a buff ottermode sucks when clothed

y-you too

greek gods were not cutting at 60kg

>for health

oh you are vegan then? :)

I all into cutting back on processed meat and eating more veggies but jesus christ these pretentious cucks piss me off

He just reads from scientific papers and that make him like dr oz lol?

Easy as fuck
Cut down on the high carb foods like oats, potatoes, rice and pasta
Your main carb source will be legumes, your protein will be seitan and tempeh, for breakfast you can eat tofu scrambles and low cal fruit smoothies like berries etc.
Don't forget your greens for vitamins and your seeds for healthy fats
I had posted a meal plan for an user a couple weeks ago with zero supplements, pills or powders, all the vitamins and minerals hit way more than 100% and 180 g protein at 1600 kcal. It's easily doable, just play around in cronometer a bit

>I had posted a meal plan for an user a couple weeks ago with zero supplements, pills or powders, all the vitamins and minerals hit way more than 100% and 180 g protein at 1600 kcal. It's easily doable, just play around in cronometer a bit

I assume you do not have it anymore?
Does cronometer on phone have that barcode thing too? it's really practical and when looking at certain food slike chicken breast or eg it shows different amounts of kcals and macros even if its the same like "uncooked, no skin"