Thoughts

What does Veeky Forums think of calisthenics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NHjsROer218
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pull ups: Great way to build a strong back and biceps without fucking up your spine

Two handed and One handed push ups: Great way to build a strong chest and triceps without fucking up your spine

One legged squats/ pistol squats: Great way to get strong legs without fucking up your spine

Hanging leg raises: great way to get abs without fucking up your spine

no gains in it, these starvin marvins usually have their own general btw.

>one handed push ups
lmao those are a meme, they aren't really useful. Do you even do bw?

Did SL5x5 for almost a year, great progress(in strength), was really enjoying it. Then moved cities and over a month I stopped working out. 4 years later, decide to workout, but no money, because slav. Try calisthenics. Make progress ( learn new movements), it's so much better to move your bodies in a way you weren't able before, better feeling than adding 5 kg on a squat
>>>>>
Calisthenics is good only if you have a good program to follow. 50% of the guys aren't making any progress, because their program sucks. That's why people believe calisthenics can't build muscle.

>it's an user is afraid of getting hurt so he doesn't lift weights episode

You have a point.
My 5 yo niece doesn't make as many excuses as that [] guy.

i mean, its a bitch excuse, but he only had one excuse lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=NHjsROer218

if you stick to basic movements for billions of reps, this is true, but you can get a solid physique if you keep progressing into harder movements.

anyone who does bodyweight fitness is too poor for a gym membership, thats what i think

I am on my 30s and have a torn knee tendon as well as an injured back.

I started doing calisthenics as a form of physical therapy as well as to get some strength without making my knee and back worse.

And then snaps their shit because they tried to lift their body weight with one hand twist upside down or some stupid shit that you need to do in order to reduce your mechanical advantage on your limbs

you can build a pretty good upper body physique on it. Strength also increases in terms of upper body. The biggest problem is trying to work the legs.
But weight lifting will help you gain strength much faster if thats what you're after. Dont know too much on the bodybuilding side.

you act like there aren't dumb fucks everywhere, like people who load up too much weight and snap their shit up cause of their fragile egos

Any type of physical activity comes with risk.

There difference is that you NEED to do those crazy moves in order to get the same progressive overload as you do with regular weights.

Pistol squats WILL fuck your knees. And you need to do them in order to match the same apparent load as a 2pl8+ squat
Don't be a dummy. Just be safe and lift weights.

I dont get why calisthenics get so much hate on this board. If people really did just think theyre a meme and a waste of time why do so many go out of their way to hate on it.

Because they're the vegans of fitness

No its not. Bwg isnt going into powerlifting threads and telling them that theyre retarded and to just do calisthenics. Or acting like theyre morally superior because they dont lift weights. Retarded comparison

But they are smug and act like everyone else is doing it wrong.

No thats how people act towards calisthenics. Which is what i was asking about in my original post

lmao what, you just described how everyone on this board reacts to calisthenics

The only thing i can think of is it must be the different mentality it takes to do calisthenics. Most people on this board who actually lift do so for their own ego, so its all about getting as big as possible to not feel inferior anymore. Doing calisthenics only obviously isnt going to make you as big so obviously the ego isnt there in guys who are ok with that. These gymbros must subconsciously feel insecure next to the bwg guys who actually make it.

>Doing calisthenics only obviously isnt going to make you as big
Go ask /bwg/ that.
They'll all tell you that you'll look like Lu Xiaojun if you just follow their infographic

They're fantastic and every single person who even considers getting fit or wanting to be stronger should be able to do basic calisthenics.
I also think that teaching children simple calisthenics routines should be mandatory in schools.

You mean the retarded overly complex stupid bullshit based on that routine that don't even follow on reddit anymore?

It seems the general consensus is everyone on Veeky Forums either loves or hates calisthenics, with weight lifting on the other end of the spectrum.

Why not do both? Changing up routines is the best way to get out of a plateau.

You can build a very impressive physique through calisthenics alone but anyone who says you can build the amount of mass as someone dedicated to weight training is wrong

>without fucking up your spine
As opposed to what?

Pull ups are the GOAT lats exercise btw, and push ups, squats, dips and lunges are useful for maintaining gainz when traveling.

>anyone who says you can build the amount of mass as someone dedicated to weight training is wrong
Which is why no one likes them.
Because they do say that.

Look at the webm that always heads the thread.
They claim that guy only does calisthenics