NAME ONE AMINO ACIDS THAT YOU CAN'T GET FROM A VEGAN DIET

NAME ONE AMINO ACIDS THAT YOU CAN'T GET FROM A VEGAN DIET

NAME ONE MINERALS THAT YOU CAN'T GET FROM A VEGAN DIET

>MUH B12
Your food is literally being supplemented in B12 and getting X amount of B12 from meat cost more than from supplement .

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/bdnfkuy
lmgtfy.com/?q=What are essential amino acids
aminoacid-studies.com/amino-acids/carnitine.html
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Carnitine-HealthProfessional/
biomed.cas.cz/physiolres/pdf/49/49_399.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnosinemia#Symptoms
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4338/2
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK234922/
strongerbyscience.com/athlete-protein-intake/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12#Animal_sources
youtube.com/watch?v=yYtMYspzKBg
metro.co.uk/2016/11/14/vegan-single-mum-drinks-sperm-smoothies-every-morning-to-give-her-energy-6257252/
regevelya.com/vitamin-b12/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25117994
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Methylcobalamin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also new discord : discord.gg/bdnfkuy

Old one disappeared

i really like Durarara!!, gonna watch Baccano next.

NAME HOW MANY POUNDS OF CAULIFLOWER YOU NEED TO HIT 150 G PROTEIN

Youre in for a treat! Baccano is much better imo

kek I always laugh when they cite peanut butter and beans as protein source, yeah right good luck with the volume and/or kcals

today I already ate lunch and prepped dinner and late night snack for work, none used meat but I had to resort to quark and a scoop of whey to get protein otherwise I'd get fucked
seems impossible to cut on 1700kcals without animal prodcuts

i don't care how many I'm a fatty and I'll eat all that shit califlower is delicious, have you tried cali tandori or punjab cali or califlower bread damn son you best set upp a meeting with the califlower lobbists before you go flappin yo mouf

whatever, but dead animals taste delicious

Pajeet get out

You realize that 1 can of beans is 25g of protein, and 1 cup of uncooked lentils is 50g, plant based protein powders are a thing too you know.

lol what about amino acid chains?
Based creatine is (nearly) impossible to get in a vegan diet without animal products.

More importantly, while you CAN live a healthy vegan diet, unless you have extensive knowledge in nutrition you WONT.

It's simply much more difficult to get the quantity of amino acids in your diet you need.

But if you can do it right go for it! Have fun with your diet and I'm glad you are doing what you think is morally right!

fuck I always forget about the lentils and I really enjoy them
Isn't plant based protein a bit awful on taste? Would love some recommendation, lurked prozis but they seem to have bad reviews

also, recently I've started caring past macros and looking into minerals and vitamins, how can I ensure I hit the necessary ones? I eat healthy all the time, my "cheat" meal is basically upping the amount of food I already eat

I'm not looking into going full vegan but I do enjoy days where I don't touch animal products

>EPA, DHA Omega 3 fatty acids
>B12
>probably a lack of Carnitine

Pussy

I always mix my powders into a lot of other stuff so I don't really notice the taste so sorry I can't help you on that front, maybe just look at amazon reviews?

>NAME ONE AMINO ACIDS THAT YOU CAN'T GET FROM A VEGAN DIET
carnitine, carnosine and its precursor beta-alanine, just to name a few.

>probably a lack of Carnitine
The body can make it out of aminoacids.
Same with Taurine.
The real problem micros are
>Creatine (you need so much anyway, just supplement it)
>non-ALA omega-3s
>Co-enzyme Q10 (expensive to supplement too!)

Flavor

If b12 is so supplemented, why are vegans still vitamin b12 deficient?

>carnitine
Not essential
> carnosine
Not essential
>beta-alanine
Not essential
>just to name a few.
Try again bitch boy

Bulk powders and MyProtein

>not essential
Quite the contrary, they are absolutely essential and you'll be dead without them. Not to mention your physical performance and your ageing. The body can adjust and produce some of it itself starting from precursors, but it can't supply it if it's laking precursors too.
I'm not even a meat eater, you should educate yourself a little more on this subject.

What if you can't get your supps? What if SHTF and you can't grow your own food? During winter most of your food would be meat/animal products. What if you can't fly in your crops, or if you can't store your food in a freezer/fridge? It really is not sustainable of you live in a place where you cannot grow the food you eat. Would you attempt to stay vegan even though brain damage is almost guaranteed after 2-3 years? You need that B12 senpai.

>NAME ONE THING YOU'LL BE MISSING
>here it is
>YOU CAN SURVIVE ANYWAY
like clockwork

>they are absolutely essential
Check yourself because you rek yourself
lmgtfy.com/?q=What are essential amino acids
See above

>shifting the goal posts this hard
If you don't want to be made to look like an ass then be more specific next time.

Dig deeper than that, my friend.

only two -ines I need are ketamine and amphetamine. ya kna amine?

yeh the admin of the old one killed himself?

Legitimate responses are now goalpost shifts? How?
Please do educate me

What the fuck. Legit?

>asks for something not found in vegan diets
>receives answers
>"no wait I only want to hear about the essentials now!"
Really percolates my pistachios.

NAME HOW MANY POUNDS OF ANIMAL URINE YOU NEED TO DRINK TO HIT 150 G PROTEIN

non essential doiesn't mean "you can survive" it means that your body can metabolize them if needed

>receives answers
Wrong answers don't count, baka. Non essential amino acids can be synthesized as long as you eat enough protein and essential AAs

You said to name something that can't be found in a vegan diet. You failed to specify whether it was to be a necessity and have now resorted to crying foul after getting an answer.

I get soy protein for a dollar a pound in the bulk section at Sprouts.
You're supposed to write the corresponding code on the bag but I just use the flour code

aminoacid-studies.com/amino-acids/carnitine.html
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Carnitine-HealthProfessional/
"conditionally essential" aka if you have genetic disorder or if you lack precursors. What are the precursors of carnitine?
>biomed.cas.cz/physiolres/pdf/49/49_399.pdf
lysine in particular is a limiting factor, it's not easy to obtain and you really need to exceed the omnivore RDA equivalent since you need to process all the carnitine on your own

same applies with carnosine, except that a carnosine deficiency is blatantly worse
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnosinemia#Symptoms
and beta-alanine here is an even more relevant limiting factor

>oh I didn't know that! Thank you
You're welcome

except it can't because precursors

>it's not easy to obtain
Man, let's keep the facts straight, lysine is EASY AS FUCK for vegans, from lentils.

My diet is like 10 core ingredients and i hit 95-100% of my nutrient goals on Cronometer. I eat:
Quick oats
Bananas
Kale (oats/bananas/kale is the base of all my shakes and shakes are 2/3 - 3/4 of my food which is fine because it's whole foods.)
Sweet potato
Avocado
Coconut oil
Vega proton & greens powder
Pumpkin seeds
Frozen blueberries
Broccoli

That is almost a perfect diet only thing you should consider is removing or lowering your Coconut oil. It's been linked to increasing LDL bad cholesteral about as much as butter.

>conditionally essential" aka if you have genetic disorder
I don't. If you do, it's perfectly vegan to consume whey or another animal byproduct. That way, you are not directly harming an animal. You are still giving shekels to the dairy and veal Jew, but the definition of veganism includes "as far as possible and practicable". Nobody says that you should kys if you can't survive on veggies alone
>or if you lack precursors.
>lysine in particular is a limiting factor, it's not easy to obtain
Yes, it's very hard to obtain if you only eat fruits and pasta, in which case it's Darwinism at work.
However, if you eat beans, lentils, chickpeas and seitan every day like a normal person, you will get way more lysine than you need.
>Carnosine and beta alanine
Same as above.
>Oh I didn't know you had already researched that. Boy I sure look like a fool now. Good thing we're posting anonymously so I can shitpost tomorrow too

We're beating a long dead horse in these threads. Every day omnis make the same arguments, every day we beat you, thread gets buried, next day it's the same shit
Why do you persist? Do you get something out of posting the same stale tired lies every thread, or are you genuinely posting it out of good heart because it's your first time in the vegan general and you think you know better?

There is absolutely no legitimate argument to eat meat besides "I like the taste", "I'm used to it", "everyone does it I don't want to be *that* guy" and the only "good" argument against veganism is "I don't care"

This is where this will lead so just stop

100 g of cooked lentils will contain 630mg in lysine
>nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4338/2
average lysine intake in omnivores is 4.38 g ( see the paper in the post you're quoting ) and
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK234922/
that means that the last debate on lysine RDA for an 80 kg omnivore adult (that doesn't have to produce all the carnitine by itself and probably doesn't lift) is something around ~2.8 g
lysine if crucial if you're lifting, so your needs are even higher
>strongerbyscience.com/athlete-protein-intake/
>When BCAAs are supplemented on top of some protein, the increase in MPS is smaller compared to simply eating more protein or adding only leucine
>Why would the addition of the two other BCAAs be worse than leucine alone? Isoleucine and valine use the same transporter as leucine for uptake in the gut. Therefore, it is speculated that isoleucine and valine compete for uptake with leucine, resulting in a less rapid plasma leucine peak.
>So, leucine supplementation on its own is better at producing the trigger for maximal MPS, and a complete protein is just better at providing the bricks for muscle growth. A BCAA supplement doesn’t fit anywhere in this picture; it’s worse than only leucine at doing leucine’s job, and it’s worse than a complete protein at its job.

>oh I didn't know that! Thank you
You're welcome

>I obtain enough lysine from pasta
Brain damage has already occurred on you, that's sad.

>>I obtain enough lysine from pasta
>Brain damage has already occurred on you, that's sad.

>I LITERALLY CANT READ I AM SILLY LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Kys

half of your post is you massaging your 5 cm cawk, the rest is factually incorrect or too promptly dismissive.
>Same as above
same as above what? you happen to produce beta-alanine from something that isn't carnosine in order to synthesise carnosine?

>I LITERALLY CANT READ I AM SILLY LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
>didn't read a single line of the post
>k-kys
Beyond pathetic

>100 g of cooked lentils will contain 630mg in lysine
Admit that you can't cook, how much water are you using?
Raw it's 1.7g to 1.8g of lysine per 100g of lentils.
You need less than 250g of lentils per day to hit the average of 4.4g, and that's not much in a vegan diet.
It would be interesting to know how much total lysine would be needed for vegans.

>you're weighting in soup water
read the souce please.
>100g of [dry] lentils
will increase noticeably in size even if you just leave them in water overnight and steam them in a pressure cooker (no soups or anything like that)
less than beans, still quite dramatic

I never said I get my lysine from pastai insist, learn to read. Your attempts to dismiss veganism are beyond pathetic.
>half of your post is you massaging your cawk
This is a bit true.
>5cm
15*
>the rest is factually incorrect or too promptly dismissive.
Completely wrong. My post was 100% correct.
>>Same as above
>same as above what? you happen to produce beta-alanine from something that isn't carnosine in order to synthesise carnosine?
I get enough total protein (120 g without even trying, 200 if I cut carbs) and at least 250% RDA in all essential AAs, all non essential AAs are easily covered

>100g of [dry] lentils
>will increase noticeably in size
Yes, and in weight since they'll absorb water, but the calories will stay the same. The ratio of Lysine per calorie will stay the same.
It's disingenouous to use cooked weight, it makes it look like you're eating a fuckton of lentils, when you're really eating a lot of water with some lentils in it.
Also, mine do not absorb so much water, with your values you have literally 2 parts water to 1 part lentil!
With dry weights and values it's easy to see that you will need less than a packet of dry lentils per day.

>y-you are p-pathetic!
jesus.
>to dismiss veganism
never ever did that.
>learn to read
funny since it's coming from someone who clearly didn't read a single thing in that post.
>My post was 100% correct.
Dunning-Kruger would be amused.
> all non essential AAs are easily covered
and again you didn't read a single thing in that post. You can't produce carnosine, beta-alanine comes from carnosine and you're not getting enough lysine for your carnitine.

Whatever man, keep telling yourself whatever you like hearing.

carnisone.

I don't have anything against you vegan lunatics, but the militant shilling is out of control. If you have to supplement to stay healthy, you know you're on a fucking shit diet.

>The ratio of Lysine per calorie will stay the same
Sure, but that's a fuckton of lentils
>It's disingenouous to use cooked weight, it makes it look like you're eating a fuckton of lentils, when you're really eating a lot of water with some lentils in it.
yeah, but you're eating a fuckton of lentils
>Also, mine do not absorb so much water, with your values you have literally 2 parts water to 1 part lentil!
Not my values
I mix red, giant and whichever type of lentils I find
I usually leave them in water overnight with other legumes and I consume after steaming in a pressure cooker. I put something like ~125 g lentils and ~125 g worth of other legumes. I know for a fact that the initial and final size isn't the same and that what seemed enough for a meal becomes enough for a couple of meals (I actually divide the ~250 g [DRY WEIGHT] legumes at lunch at dinner). I've never measured volume but I usually put them with double of their volume in water in a bowl and sometimes I find a fucking bean above the original water level the following day.
Which kind of lentils do you use?
Wow, a .png. Such argument.

>Your food is literally being supplemented in B12 and getting X amount of B12 from meat cost more than from supplement
I didn't know something could cost more for free and B12 being stored is the same as supplementing
>Animals store vitamin B12 in liver and muscle and some pass the vitamin into their eggs and milk; meat, liver, eggs and milk are therefore sources of the vitamin for other animals, including people.[3][5][27] For humans, the bioavailability from eggs is less than 9%, compared to 40% to 60% from fish, fowl and meat.[28] Insects are a source of B12 for animals (including other insects and humans).[27][29]

>Animal sources with a significant content of vitamin B12 (range among top 20 sources of 50 to 99 µg per 100 grams)[30] include clams, organ meats (especially liver) from lamb, veal, beef, and turkey, fish eggs, mackerel, and crab meat.[2][3]
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12#Animal_sources

just because 2 proteins contain the same amino acids doesn't mean they have the same biological value

not only are plant proteins generally on the low side for some essential amino acids, the protein structures themselves are less digestible and fewer amino acids are made available in the digestive tract compared to cooked animal protein

you excrete a larger portion of plant proteins compared to animal proteins, 100g broccoli protein is NOT equivalent to 100g of beef protein

vegan diets impair neurological development and health, lower testosterone levels, and are not as strongly associated with long-term health as vegans would have you believe

I only eat enough coconut oil to tip my ratio of saturated fats/polyunsaturated fats in favor of saturated fats. I get hella monounsaturated fats from the avacados and i supplement EPA+DHA rich plant baded omega3 oil for brain health. I eat this way to support test production and i prevent the LDL from forming plaques by keeping my cholesterol from oxidizing by eating a diet high in atioxidants.
I just had blood drawn the other day, so i'm interested to see how my cholesterol will look, tho i'm not too concerned.

I like to inject semen into my chicken breasts for extra protein

I feel like the extra testosterone will help with my gains and performance in the gym, but I don't think doing that to celery will help unless I'm trying to be DYEL as shit

What about being vegetarian and not vegan

>B12
youtube.com/watch?v=yYtMYspzKBg

I just suck off guys. Way more efficient. No homo though I do it for the test boost.

>(expensive to supplement too!)
>Being poor

LMAO @ ur life, kiddo

>NAME ONE AMINO ACIDS THAT YOU CAN'T GET FROM A VEGAN DIET
Creatine, L-carnitine, Carnosine, taurine

Question. Humans evolved over the course of a few million years, and the modern humans have been on this planet for around 250,000 years, give or take. B12 supplements have been around, oh, 50 to 100 years at best.

Why again are people "meant to be vegan", when that is most certainly not true with that one fact?

not him and I dissent of the fact that you'll get all the required (or conditionally required) nutrients you really want on a strictly vegetarian diet without supplements other than B12, but here's my take on it
any attempt to create a "most natural" diet ultimately fail. Paleo fails in this regard simply because we can't guess what other ancestors really ate and because the food we have nowadays passed through a genetic selection that not even GMOs. Similarly, it fails any attempt to depict the strictly vegetarian diet as the "most natural" one.
We are extremely opportunistic primates. We evolved to resist in a wide range of very different conditions. We resist in subarctic regions, where the only thing you can eat is baby seals and where you'll never find anything green. We resist in subtropical regions, where you'll find plenty of fruits. We can eat fish. We learned to suck on cow's tiddies. We learned to drink eggs. And some vegans are now unironically learning to drink semen
>metro.co.uk/2016/11/14/vegan-single-mum-drinks-sperm-smoothies-every-morning-to-give-her-energy-6257252/
We are ultimately frugivore. The closest primate we come from is frugivore, not 100% herbivore. We evolved to be even more opportunistic and to craft artificial solutions to provide us food without too much effort.
It makes perfectly sense to move away from, say, meat, if you critically and arguably can find all your nutrients for your lifestyle in a different way. It may even make more sense to stop eating completely if we get a special tablet providing 100% of the required nutrients with 0% cancer. We constantly strive to delay our (natural) ageing and to find new ways to fight death.
200 years ago B12 tablets didn't exist. In 2200 there will be something that now we can't imagine of and that will be deemed extremely beneficial to supplement.

Last note. Don't supplement with cyanocobalamin, supplement with methyl-b12. MD McGregor is mistaken on this point.

i accidentally bought cyanocobalamin last month, what's the diagnosis, doc?

>MD McGregor
*MD M.Greger
Small doses of cyanide won't kill you if you aren't a heavy smoker too and if you don't have other health issues. Anyway I suggest you get a load of this jew
>regevelya.com/vitamin-b12/
he draws a thorough rundown on the various b12 supplements. I've tried to falsificate his results and I've only been able to validate them.
There is only one paper *indirectly* suggesting that methyl-b12 won't be converted in the two b12 forms, but it seems an error committed by a pajeet writing his thesis and it goes against all our current known notions on b12
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25117994
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Methylcobalamin
Also,
>methylcobalamin that is ingested (either from foods or supplements) isn’t used directly as a cofactor. It is first converted by MMACHC (a gene providing instructions for metabolizing B12) into cob(II)alamin, which is then further converted into methyl&adenosylcobalamin for use as cofactors. That is, methyl B12 is first neutralized and then regenerated as either of the usable forms.
TL;DR you'll get adenosylcobalamin too from methyl-b12 supplementation and you'll get free methyl molecules, precious for our bodies for methylation processes

Nice bait, faggot. Now how about starting a useful thread like what vegans can eat to make gains? Carnies gonna carn, get over it brah.

I don't give a fuck about sheep.

I don't give a fuck about many, many humans
yet I'm not eating them

...so far

>mfw a sane vegan that accepts my meat eating.
id lift with you brah

>accepts
>Calls you carnie

Anyway.
Visiting Delft for a couple days. Holy shit normal europe guys have it easy. There is a falafel shop every 100 m

You don't eat people because humans have collectively agreed we shouldn't murder eachother because individually we don't want to be murdered. No other animal, including livestock, is part of the social contract

>agreed
>contract
hold on, I haven't signed anything

That social contract has a hole. Animals don't want to be murdered either

I AM SILLY!

A question for vegans: how do you get all your protein?
I don't know any vegetable that is near chicken breast in terms of kcal/protein.

And don't say broccoli, I'm not eating 1kg of that shit everyday to reach my protein requirements.

Fuck you faggot atleast admit he didnt say anything about eating pasta motherfucker.

I'm not even vegan but you are such an arrogant fuck

>A question for vegans: how do you get all your protein?
this is the dumbest question you could ever ask, pls be troll

Holy fuck you are retarded. You asked for amino acids you can't get from a vegan diet, there they fucking are. You didn't specify your little bullshit question, so you can't say that these aren't correct. Go shove a cucumber up your ass, you pumpkin humper

yet he's completely correct on literally everything else and you're purposefully missing the point
the other guy is much more of a prick and didn't put any effort to explain things and to cite sources
I believe you're missing the point

did you ask them?

I'm not trolling. I actually want to know. And I'm not talking of protein in terms of the quantity needed by the average individual, but for someone weightlifting.

>I don't give a fuck about many, many humans yet... I'm eating them

broccoli and lentils at breakfast, lunch and dinner

Yh but the fact that you need supplements at all means it's an unnatural lifestyle for the mentally ill. Vegans are the trans of the food world.

I usually get the red lentils, and make a soup out of it. 250g of dry lentils is half a pack over here, 50 cents of lentils. It's not too much, throw in some other proteins and vegetables and that's food for a day.
You end up using lentils as your main cheap source of carbs and calories, and incidentally aminos, but that's ok or you'd never hit your macros as a vegan.

By taking part in our society you have agreed. You are free to go start your cannibal society if you choose.
Animals cannot be murdered, only killed. Secondly, I don't fucking care what they want. They don't even exist for another reason.

>By taking part in our society you have agreed.
No, I didn't.
>You are free to go start your cannibal society if you choose.
No, I'm not.

Can you tell me why we exist in one ironic sentence?

I'm not driving, I'm travelling, am I being detained??

We exist because our parents wanted kids. At least, most of us

Must be hard to face the basic facts of life, ayy vegans? That the sacrifices we make others do to keep you all alive isn't without sin. You thought just because you live in a nice first world country that we could all act above the food chain and suddenly become plant eating, animal protectors?
Did you really think you could surpass nature by acting like your more than just another species of animal, a human?

When you step on a ant, do you grieve for it like a dead puppy? do you feel sorry for a plant when it starts to die, despite it being unable to speak or to invoke emotions? Why do you happily consume the life energy of plants and call it more humane?
Does a living creature need to have blood and flesh for you to consider it a living creature?

Vegans and vegetarians are just pussies that morally stroke their humanic ego despite being hypocritical faggots that can't come to terms with the fact they need to consume life. They might as well be trying to defy the need to drink water or breath. You can't escape the common cycle of life.

Not him but I believe our purpose is to advance human society to the highest point possible

Lentils and seitan.

if you weightlift you don't have the TDEE of a little girl so you can easily get all of your protein through legume

>>metro.co.uk/2016/11/14/vegan-single-mum-drinks-sperm-smoothies-every-morning-to-give-her-energy-6257252/
Jesus what an attention whore. And a whore. "Hey um I eat sperm teehee put me in the news!"

You know you kill ten time more plants by eating meat ?

kek'd a little too hard
still "freedom" and "agreement" are too often pretty fictitious elements we use to justify our lies. We're not really free and we don't really agree on many, many things - yet we're bound to the decisions of someone else.
I wouldn't mind to eat criminals or enemies.