Triggered

Why is his Veeky Forums triggered by african history threads

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_West_Africa
archive.org/details/greatbeninitscus00roth
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because we hate fake history.

Because "anti"-racist nutcases tend to insert blacks into everything just by virtue of their skin colour.
Actual African history is quite interesting, exotic aesthetics.

>HISTORY and HUMANities
>African threads are allowed

???

It's just trolls. If you ignore them, they'll eventually get tired. It comes with the territory. Similar to going to an Afrocentrist forum, and finding people claiming that white folks were all cave dwellers till the moors showed them how to bathe and ushered in an age of excellence.

I hate Afrocentrists, but I also hate Eurocentrists, and the problem here is that there is some Eurocentrists.

Veeky Forums is full of contrarian trolls
Ignore them and you'll find some pretty good insights about African history
Yesterday I learned who Zera Yacob was, worth a google m8

What is that guy doing to the lion
Because Veeky Forums is mainly reactionaries

If you prove me that Ile-Ife, Benin kingdom, Empire of Mali, Songhai and Ghana are "fake" and never existed I give you $1000.

isnt it disheartening that when people prove that black people were more than ooga booga mudhut dwellers people call it Fake History.

These people actually believe this. It infuriates me as a black dude. These people think so lowly of us that not even history and facts can change that.

There are 2 things that I hate in threads about Africa

1. Afrocentrists who shill their black Egyptians theories, but it's not common on Veeky Forums
2. Eurocentrists who deny everything and derive the subjects of the conversation to "everything that is bad in Africa"

Because afrocentrists are delusional and retarded, claiming that people like the egyptians, moors, carthagenians and berbers where black. They act as if a glorified mud mosque (that was build mostly by the french later anyway) can compare itself to any european, arabic, asian or even central american monument. They claim that africa would be much better of without europe, even though 98% of that useless part of the world never came close to anything resembling human civilisation.
Tl;dr: Its because Niggers are larping as normal humans

wow... I'm really sorry man for whatever you're going through. I mean that. I really hope you reach a point in your life when you'll realize all this hate serves no point

I think he's saying that we hate that people pretend they didn't exist. Also you forgot to mention Ethiopia.

(((Zera Yacob)))

Because they have no history

Because /pol/ is ruining Veeky Forums with constant shitposting.

I swear there's like 4 knowledgeable posters keeping this board alive. I recognize their writing style and informative posts. I don't know what will happen to this place when they are gone.

>egyptians, moors, carthagenians and berbers where black

beautiful straw man

Nobody has done that in any recent threads about Africa.

>They act as if a glorified mud mosque (that was build mostly by the french later anyway)

Not all were built by the French, and I don't see what is wrong with mud, in certain climatic conditions mud is perfect material.

>They claim that africa would be much better of without europe, even though 98% of that useless part of the world never came close to anything resembling human civilisation

Read "Indigenous African Institutions", it's a book that claims that most problems in modern-day Africa are internal but also tries to find answers in African traditions, I like this book because the author is coherent and honest and show us an interesting study mixing politics, economy and anthropology.

They already have a board for that: /an/

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_West_Africa

this

Though I still feel that the first one is just the second in disguise.

All of them smell like /pol/bait threads

especially this one

All African History threads were made by /pol/ larpers to mock the blacks.

Let's face the facts

We can only have an objective, impartial, and evidence-based discussion when talking about European threads. Everything outside will inevitably devolve into "my atrocity > your atrocity"-style shitflinging

Afrocentrists lie relentlessly.
In past two days I caught them blatently lying in threads.
One example was when one claimed Igbo people were horrified about human sacrifice.
In reality they were notorious for carrying it out.The user in question was pushing them as some kind of "noble civilization" type.
Other thread, user lies that Ghana has no ritual killing. Check internet-thousands of children are murdered in rituals.
Another claimed Benin City was some kind of African Atlantis.
I found a book describing the city from 19th century and it was a hellhole and slaughterhouse with brutally sacrificed slaves on every corner(literally butchered like animals and left to rot on the streets)
It read like horror novel.

>Read "Indigenous African Institutions", it's a book that claims that most problems in modern-day Africa are internal but also tries to find answers in African traditions,

I recommend Great Benin; its customs, art and horrors
by Roth, H. Ling (Henry Ling), 1854-1925

Publication date 1903

archive.org/details/greatbeninitscus00roth

It really opened my eyes on what African history really looked like

I don't. In fact, my favorite theatre to study in the first and second world wars were the african campaigns.

Then again coming to this board for decent discussion is completely laughable. Like there are some once in a while but the rest is just bait, board jokes beaten dead and legit schizos

The black is the oppressed dindu nuffin who the left uses to look like saviors to mankind so they censor all evidence that blacks are really stupid fucks who would be the same as they are right now without evil whitey oppressing them.

>Afrocentrists who shill their black Egyptians theories, but it's not common on Veeky Forums

user no idea one does this but shitposters lol because they know people such as you would jump at it.

>We can only have an objective, impartial, and evidence-based discussion when talking about European threads.

Lol bullshit. Those turn into /int/ style shit threads.

This. I love Wakandan history.

jesus fucking christ

Stop mocking the wakandans

that's one thick lipped jigaboo

WE

This is a simple question with a complicated answer.

For the last couple of years there's been a pretty persistent meme in mainstream pop culture (and certain circles of pseudo-academia) where various non-black cultures and civilizations are, for want of a better term, "blackified". Think ancient Egypt, Carthage, the Romans who settled Great Britain, the Greeks, and so on. The reasons for why this idea is being pushed so much are multifaceted and going more into them is too hard for me to do right now because I'm tired; but ultimately they're irrelevant because, at the end of the day, it's just plain inaccurate.

So you get this sort of situation. Even as recently as a year ago you'd have long, detailed threads about Sub-Saharan African history on Veeky Forums - but it's like, there's been SO much of "Joan of Arc was black!" and "Shakespeare was black!" and "Victorian England was majority black!" all over the place that lots of people have developed a hair-trigger negative reaction to any discussion of black history who otherwise wouldn't have. It's also harder to talk about black history in Africa now, because it's now become commonplace that suggesting there WASN'T a sizable population of Nigerians in 8th century Scotland is racist.

It's not so much that /pol/ is invading Veeky Forums, as Veeky Forums is having a meltdown brought on by contemporary society altering history for various purposes.

Read about Benin and the Yoruba for a palate-cleanser.

This is why I come here

no fucking chill

Aside from Egypt and on occasion Carthage, no one claims any of those people are black save for a few hoteps on the internet. And the whole media thing is blown out of proportion. Pic related is the "black" Joan of Arc everyone's been crying about. She's multiracial and looks predominantly white (although clearly mixed)

Everybody isn't Egmond Codfried, literally NOBODY claimed any of those civs were Black in the last threads about Africa.

When you do African history, people call you Afrocentrist because you didn't makes sacrifice and cannibalism the center of the discussion for more than 10 hours(or probably didn't know about it).

The last threads were not even about proving who is "Black", it was just African history, so this is not an excuse. The last threads were not Afrocentrist and didn't talks about any non-SSA as being "Black" civs except Sudan stuff. They didn't even talks about "blackness", if you wanted to talks about non-SSA civs you could talks about Berbers, Arabs, and other non-Black. the hate over the last thread as no reason

Notice how Marxists will go through great pains to downplay legitimate grievances and complaints by white people?

Pic related is what people are most wotked up about. The mixed woman is inexcusable either.

This is basically correct.

That woman has no business portraying a white woman from medieval france in the middle ages. It isn't overblown, there really is a movement to make large parts of western history more "diverse" then they really were in the name of political correctness or diversity or inclusiveness or insert modern obsession here.

He wasn't just talking about this board and the threads on it. But rather how at least some of the people on here react to obnoxious trends IRL. Yes, it's unfair that your history gets shit on because somebody from here is upset about a BBC documentary or whatever but at the end of the day Veeky Forums gonna Veeky Forums.

If you mention literally anything special about them I give you $1000.

Italian here. Brits started it by making the entire wold think Romans look pasty and have britbong accents.

They were black