Tell me about the Dacians, how did they achieve pic related? How large an army could they field?

Tell me about the Dacians, how did they achieve pic related? How large an army could they field?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manica_(armguard)#Distribution_and_later_use
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotiso
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought they were just tribes with a collective culture

They were, OP is retarded.

I like the falx

It's neat.

They united under Burebista. He was assasinated by his nobles and his kingdom fractured after his death. Decebalus united the remaining ones again after the Romans invaded.

Its rumored that Burebista could muster 200.000 soldiers .

>forces the romans to reinforce their armour
Pshhh, nothin personnel,romanfat.

...The fucking Roman Empire only had an army of 450,000 at it's peak.

You fail to realise that in the barbarian nations almost every male was a soldier.Also Burebista literally genocided the entire celtic tribes of Boii and Tauriscii.He had a great army for that age.

Too bad they didn't couple their love of polearms with a love of super-heavy armor so they could make proto-medieval troops.

Don't think they had the metallurgic capabilities for that mate.

Padded wool jerkin+frontal llamellar on mail

Even though they made bronze scale armour, it was expensive and only the nobility had acces to it. The comati fought clad in furs and pelts.Funny thing is,thanks to the vast and numerous mines in Dacia, a lot of soldiers( some say 90%,but I think its bullshit) had weapons made out of metal.Thats why the romans had such a hard tim in conquering just a fragment of Dacia, and deployed 2 legions and countless auxiliaries to maintain it ( for less than 170 years , in which they suffered countless raids from the free dacians and their allies)

>You see those barbarians from Dacia?

So a shitty billhook?

You wouldn't be laughing if someone was coming at you with that thing and all you had was a shitty gladius.

>and all you had was a shitty gladius
And a big shield
And better armor
And a rotation system for the front lines
And the assurance I had equally capable people to the left and right of me
And the assurance that when I got back to a secure and organized camp that night I would have a warm-ish area to sleep and hot food.

You do realise that shit could sever your arm, pierce a hole through your helmet and your stupid head or slash the back of your thigh?

Funny thing is the Romans never conquered more than 33% of Dacia. Meanwhile, the free dacians raided the shit out of Moesia, Thracia,Macedonia and even Dardania.

You do realize it is literally a shittier version of a billhook?

Geographic limitations made the whole area not worthwhile to conquer and what was conquered was gutted by the time the Romans left. But by all means keep trying to spin your pelt wearing alphabetless savages into romes greatest rival instead of the pointless bunch of mongrels that faded into meaningless oblivion that they actually were.

>area not worthwhile to conquer
>literally has the mountains with teh richest gold deposits in Europe . Not to mention other rare metals.
RETART ALERT!!!

The rest of Dacia got conquered by Sarmatians and Goths, though.

I remember reading about how the Dacians either went for your head or the knees, the curved part of the sword could be used to cut the muscles at the back of your leg leaving you incapacitated for the rest of your life or pierce your helmet and smash your fucking skull.

The Romans got the mines and drained them and then promptly left when new Barbarians (who raped the Dacians btw) started putting pressure on everything north of the Danube as the Danube was a natural border and it was foolish to move north of it to begin with.

Dacians got their asses kicked faggot, dwi.

>the curved part of the sword
It was a polearm.

To be fair the "new Barbarians" also went on to rape the Romans.

The Roxolani lived with the Getae in the Wallachia. And the arrival of the Goths was later, albeit Iordanes says that the Getae are the forefathers of the Goths.Y'all niggers should read Getica. Iordanes bends over backwards to link the Goths to the Getae.

The Goths were a confederacy like the Franks.

>tfw the Romans are so impressed by your "shitty billhook" they adopt it themselves.

>who raped the Dacians btw
You faggot, the dacians were allied with the roxolani and the germanic tribes . See the Trajans column before you spout your retarded shit.

>got the mines and drained them
>still shitload of gold 2000 years later
BOI....

Wasnt it also used for cutting?

Even from Heroduts' time, the Thracian area had a huge population. He believed it only second to India.
Actually, it was insanely effective, Roman's had to deploy armor sleeves and reinforce their helmets because the falx was good at chopping off their gladius arm and slicing through their helmets.

Dumb fuck.

Take your propaganda elsewhere you fanboi autist

And? If you can't reach it with your tech its as good as drained.

>it was insanely effective

So was a billhook...but you know, better.

Retarded fanboi faggot

>the great Dacian capital of Sarmizegetusa
OH NO NO NO

>Even from Heroduts' time, the Thracian area had a huge population. He believed it only second to India.
Sure sure....Or you know it tends to help inflate the numbers if you're a bunch of primitives with little in the way of an organized state and when you say "army" you really mean "every person with a dick that can swing a weapon reasonably well"

Why are you so butthurt,faggot? Did the dacians fuck your mother?

Why do you suck the cock of a bunch of unaccomplished forest faggots?

Looks better than the yurt in which your great grandfather fucked sheep.

They are an interesting part of history, nigger. I'm sorry your fucking nation didn't had anything for you to be proud of.

>unaccomplished
Have you seen OP's pic?

>didn't had anything for you to be proud of.
Ah, so you're a Romanian. Figures.

>We didn't want Germania/Dacia/Pictavia anyway!!!!

Caesar planned on invading Dacia after the civil war because Burebista officially supported Pompei

Thats how fucking powerful he was in the region

Burebista also almost had Caesar assassinated. Funnily enough even though the assassin failed, he managed to return to Dacia and carved his own kingdom after Burebista's death.

Triggered non-Balkanites BTFO

:Big shield and better armor

Literally useless, because the falx could cut through a roman shield like butter.

And when you hold the shield, your other arm is vulnerable when you attack. Thats why the roman army had to equip themselves with this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manica_(armguard)#Distribution_and_later_use

And it was only used during the Dacian wars

>Manica
Heh, that word literally means sleeve in Romanian today. Looks like it left an impression.

During that time you either had the greek city-states, Phonecia, the romans with civilization, and then the rest of Europe living as snowniggers BUT dacians, which it'd say is a huge achievement for a bunch of dacian tribes with no central state authority

>The rest of Europe living as snow niggers
What a shit understanding of history.

*wipes your civilization off the face of the earth*

Guy looks kitted out to the max, probably a noble.

My bad, i also forgot about the celt niggers who liked fucking in the ass more than anything and built multiple straw huts in what they called ”Cities”

shitskin

Why are retarded allowed to post here? You do realise that were dacians that literally became emperors of the Roman Empire, dont you, stupid nigger?

Source

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotiso

>could cut through a roman shield like butter.
Naw it would just kinda get stuck in it.

Kek, someone is butthurt

That’s it. I’m sick of all this “Shittier Billhook” bullshit that’s going on in this thread right now. Falxes deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I’m talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine falx in Dacoromania for 75000 Leu (that’s about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my falx.
Dacian smiths spend years working on a single falx and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.
Falx are thrice as sharp as Roman swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a gladius can cut through, a falx can cut through better. I’m pretty sure a falx could easily bisect a legionnaire wearing lorica segmentata with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why ancient Rome never bothered conquering Da... Oh. Well, shit.

LMAO, you're like one of those Katana people but Romanian.

Indeed. The Roman decided to occupy just the regions with gold and silver mines, and left the swamps to their steppe nigger allies.

>Straw huts
Also, let's ignore their renown craftsmanship.

Whole Dacia was conquered, you stupid gypsy. Only after Adrian left the swamps to his Roxolani allies.

You fuckibg retard, the roxolani were dacians' allies. Look on Trajans Column, the roxolanii fought side by side with rhe dacians.

Hadrian never conquered th eastern part od Dacia, nigger. And no matter how retarded you are or literal fucking braindead, you must inform yourself before you say retarded shit like that.

>The conclusion of the Dacian Wars marked a triumph for Rome and its armies. Trajan announced 123 days of celebrations throughout the Empire. Dacia's rich gold mines were secured and it is estimated that Dacia then contributed 700 million Denarii per annum to the Roman economy, providing finance for Rome's future campaigns and assisting with the rapid expansion of Roman towns throughout Europe.[5]:8 The remains of the mining activities are still visible, especially at Roșia Montană. One hundred thousand male slaves were sent back to Rome; and to discourage future revolts, legions XIII Gemina and V Macedonica were permanently posted in Dacia.

>how to commit suicide via extreme inflation 101

>Hadrian granted parts of Dacia to the Roxolani Sarmatians; their king Rasparaganus received Roman citizenship, client king status, and possibly an increased subsidy.[182]

Never quote me again, R*manian subhuman.

>Eastern part of Dacia

Are you autistic? Trajan conquered thé whole Dacian kingdom and only 30 years later Hadrian left the swamps to the Roxolani client kingdom, while keeping the gold/silver mines and the cities.

What parts of Dacia, you fucking nigger? The one in Poland or the ones in fucking Ukraine?How the fuck were Hadrian and the Roxolani allies when the romans literally had to build fucking walls and fortresses against them and the free dacians?

The Roxolani were a Roman client state under Hadrian. They were given the swamps of Northern Dacia by Hadrian for economic reasons.

This whole thread has been ruined by one shitposting faggot from /int/ and all the people retarded enough to keep responding to him.

Are you retarded? You think that there were cities only in Transilvania? Also, what happened with the rest of the fucking dacians? Did they all died over night? Nigger, do you know Galerianus? You massive faggot.

>Boii

>swamps in the north of Dacia
What swamps, faggot? The only swamps in the region are the Danubes Delta, and those aren't in the north, but in tge close proximity of the important cities of Tomis, Histria and Callatis.

He is just a gypsy faggot ashamed of his primitive ancestors getting ROMANED.

I was talking about you faggot. This post reeks of /int/

Listen gypsy: never quote me again, or will rape your gypsy street hooker sister in front of you.

>Implying gypsies are this white
>Implying gypsies originate in Europe
Pls stop this bullshit.

Someone is butthurt.

>implying I need to be Romanian to realize what a faggot you are

Were the Dacians really that BIG?

Give me (You)s,nigger

It is rather difficult to know exactly how big the Dacians got, but generally it is theorized that they at the very least held control over all of modern Romania and parts of Ukraine and other neighboring territories.

Jej, did a gypsy steal your wallet / your moms anal virginity?

That doesn't say anything about having been an assassin

It is literally an ancient billhook dude. Why does that make you angry? You guys figured it out first.

wouldnt most of these name designations just be broad generalizations