/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Free stock
share.robinhood.com/davidt917

Top 100 Robinhood stocks:
i.imgur.com/IvGznaV.jpg

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

first for AMD

does anyone here watch bloomberg tv (or have it playing in the background) while looking for trade ideas?

Which coin is this?

Only shipping stocks here friend

$SHIP is going to moon today

Can someone explain the reversal on the bull trap set by TOPS I've traded for a few years now but I haven't seen something like this before. It was an obvious trap but wtf is going on now?

Where do you guys go to find oversold stocks?

Anyone all in on RLOG and TOPS?

ENRJ ma nigga

I'm in TOPS. Feels bad today. I can only hope this pre market is shaking weak hands for another pump today.

Well, MYOS is just about back where I bought it in premarket now, on news they’re partnering with colleges to pump their product. Should be an interesting day.

I prefer CNBC desu

I need a new magical meme stock. Mommy help

My wife's kids didn't deserve Christmas this year anyways. TOPS.

Dont you mean Kwanzaa

You gotta pay the gains toll if you want to get in the B hold.

Did something happen or is it just a fluke? I kept asking why you thought it was going to go up, but you never gave me a reason so I never bothered with DD on such a shitty looking company. Now I missed out on gains.

I had a feeling the news with the NFL wasn’t going to be the only positive press coming from them in the short term.

Eh, I guess I wouldn't have bet on your good feeling of possible news coming out. Good on you, I hope you make back all your money and then some.

you all have no idea what you're doing. seek help.

Why didn't you buy ONCS?

why havent you sold?

Keep your eyes on HTGM. It already rose 30%, but the last time it had an earnings report this good, it rose several hundred percent. Don't rush into it though, I'm still watching to see if it drops from everyone taking their gains and running.

So what does the TOP sec filings really mean? Mass dilution?

So uh what's the point of RH if TOS is a direct upgrade

2.5B shares being added if I can into math correct.

>SPI underwent a 1 to 10 reverse split. Funds from fractional shares may take 2-4 weeks to process.
thank god I sold that shit

Mommy help

>WEN

BAC is sub 27 in the premarket. Get ready to lose a month's worth of gains, boys.

I do. I'm the one that posts the lovely Vonnie Quinn from time to time.

What's the dumbest decision you've ever made guys?
>sold all my MTCH yesterday to chase HMNY

$TRXC, lads.

This is a real tendie-earning moon mission waiting to happen. ER CC is tomorrow after hours. Get it at any dip before then.

I bought TOPS premarket today at 2.38. Down about $1000 right now.

Oh great another red day.

Never bet on Greek shipping companies, especially when the pump is nearing its run.

>MFIN

I'm in with 4500 shares now

Is amrs really worth buying and holding until ER?
It sounds promising

The correction is here and Robinhood cucked people out of their gains on BAC+B.

I don’t think any stock is worth holding to ER right now.

75% of these stocks are crashing and burningn after earnings despite reporting good things.

The trick is to buy stocks that you know are going to report bad things. MBIA had an expected .1 EPS and had a negative .5 and their stock is soaring now.

Im long NVDA hopeful on that. I think SQ is a good pick. But i'm having such a horrible day I don't know if I want to risk margin on that gamble.

lmao what happened with SPI, i didnt lose any money, but it told me i was down 1K almost shat myself

live by the meme die by the meme

When the fuck is KTOS going to stop shitting itself?

>BAC+B triggered my stop order at $1.30 the other day
>I might have the chance to buy back in under $1 soon because I don't use Robinhood

Feels good man.

Yeah. Fuck this. Going back to bed.

newfag here, tfw told mommy last night about how I bought 1 share of Intel and she said I was a sissy for not buying more shares

pls no bully mommy

(my mom owns like 200 or more shares of INTC)

>Up +970%

You have to be 18 years old or older to be on Veeky Forums

When the Korean peninsula burns

Guys why is the stock market crashing?

Buy a hundred shares of RNVA to show her.

It might be worthless soon if BAC falls too much and is unlikely to reach $30 by next October.

AGHAHHAHAHAHHA I TOLD ALL OF YOU MOTHER FUCKERS, AND YOU ALL LAUGHED AT ME, RIGHT AGAIN MOTHERFUCKERS GET BENT YEE OF SO LITTLE FAITH!

Because you touch yourself

Democrats won last night.

Robinhood you can't sell it for 2-4 weeks.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait until BAC stops dropping of course. I'm still up 4% on my BAC shares at least, it really hasn't fallen too much considering it was $25.50 just a few weeks ago.

big trades going through MFIN after an earnings beat....

SPI LADS AS SOON AS THE HALT IS LIFTED

They won blue states, so who cares.

Can someone pls tell AMD to quit messing around thks

I’m holding until late next year anyway.

Do what you must market. My ass hole is lubed and primed

SHIIIIIT

still holding?

>average cost: $2.15
Why would you do this to yourself?

Gonna try shorting 450 shares of MBIA at $9. Wish me luck lads.

Damn damn damn!!!! I pulled out too quick >>>:((
Next time I use a stop loss I'm respecting it!

Should i buy some LODE for tomorrow?

Yes, this should run.

Guys EVERYTHING IS RED

Forreal?

Nah I'm wrong. I must have misread the message. Or it was a glitch.

the stock market is a fuckin scam run by the hebrews that's why I only gamble on imaginary internet coins

I'm in. 40 shares

I think you can sell, but since the processing takes a couple weeks, it'd be like selling a stock you held overnight. You'll be able to buy into another stock with that money, but you won't be allowed to sell it until after the SPI stock is done processing, so you can't get a free ride. At least that's what I think by them talking about the processing time.

Damn. I was holding 800 shares 2 days ago.

I had 15000 shares in SPI. I tried to sell 700 (not on RH) and it still won't let me. It also says I still have 15000 shares and it wouldn't let me sell that for 34 grand either.

Hurry up and figure it out. These gains will flee soon.

MUMMY MAKE IT STOP

IVE BEEN A GOOD BOY

Nevermind. It let me sell. Now I'm going to sell 800

DXTR earnings will be announced after-hours tomorrow

What's everyones thoughts on LODE for tomorrow?

R8 my long hold portfolio

There, now I'm back up from what I lost in tops... and if I wouldn't have played TOPS yesterday I would be well on my road to recovery. Oh well, God does exist.

This was going to be an awful day but SPI came through hard.

why.jpg/10

Will DCIX just go a couple of dollars higher today, please, God, let me come out of even.

I'm sure glad that user was kind enough to leave this for me yesterday

CEI Happenings

Dump BOA

Well I dumped all my banking stocks. Sold BAC at a profit and JPM at a loss, they pretty much canceled each other out. Shorted 450 shares of MBIA at $9, have another order 450 share short order set at $9.15, put in an order to short GE at $20.50 just to try and pick up some on an odd spike.

well then my dear friends, now that the SPI moon mission has been a success what next?

uvxy my nigga

NEVVVVEEERRRRRRRRR

Might buy back if it dips to 1 again. Considering it would be worth 10 cents a day ago, it wouldn't be the worst idea.

LODE for tomorrow

your rather smug for a man who should be the pinkest wojack