Ovehead press in smith machine?

My gym only has 1 power rack and there's usually a line of people waiting to use the rack after me.

I feel bad about hogging the rack doing both squats and overhead press one after another so I'm thinking about pressing in the smith machine instead. Thoughts?

I know a lot of people shit on the smith machine but is it really that bad?

Not at all.

Helps stability and you can probably start adding weight to your max little by little before trying it on the power rack. Safety first user.

I say go for it.

OHP is the one lift i do in a smith machine for this very reason. if it's the only lift you're doing in the smith machine you'll be okay

That might be a good idea to increasing the OHP. Might try it myself to also give space to the power racks

>SS
>tfw no one at my gym uses the power rack so on OHP days I get to all 3 compound lifts back to back
>feelsgoodman
that aside, i wouldn't knock you for using the smith machine. i always assumed that OHP was it's primary use.

Assert your dominance. Pull out your phone.

>Tfw Ai will never get BLACKED
Its hurts to live

She's too precious to fuck. I could never defile her like that.

Why on earth are you using the power rack for OHP?

You put that fucking barbell on the floor and clean it.

THEN you ohp.

It's like you don't even want to make it.

This is how I do it if the racks are taken

And it gets the most mires.

At first people think your going to diddly, then all of a sudden that bastard is up on you chest, then when they think that was it, you start repping that bitch.

It's a panty dropper boys.

>deadlifting less than 2pl8
I remember back when I was in 3rd grade too

just ohp with dumbells if your going to be an autist about it

>My gym only has 1 power rack

Get a new gym

>cleaning and pressing less than 2pl8

I remember babbys first gym day

I use the racks because my gym has more racks than areas i can clean. If i have space to clean i will. If its taken ill take the rack. If not ill clean

Thats the reason she needs to get dicked by a big black dude.
Shes so perfect she needs to be tainted

You know she gets fucked right? Probably on the daily

I want cucks OFF MY BOARD

you don't need a rack to OHP you dumb nigger. clean the fucking bar. a rack doesn't even help you when your OHP'ing anyway, so wasting time in it while someone else might be waiting to squat or whatever is a dick move anyway

Nah, the rack is the only place to OHP.

OHPing off the floor is retarded, you're nearly doing a delayed clean and jerk.

The real retardo thing is deadlifting in the rack. The fuck you need the rack for, safeties?

what if your gym only has one power rack but also only one oly barbell?

That's basically my problem. All the barbells are either at the benches or in the power rack. There aren't any free barbells to use for other stuff.

I know but the fantasy of her being pure and innocent is part of her appeal.

>The real retardo thing is deadlifting in the rack. The fuck you need the rack for, safeties?

People always do this at my gym and I have no idea why. We have a platform but people still do it in the rack.

ive been lifting for 8 months and my latest 5 sets of 5 deadlift was 165
what do

kg or lbs?

Does she do nude vids yet?

lbs

>My gym only has 1 power rack

use the squat racks then

Why would I clean it on the floor? It'd just get dirty again

What was your starting weight?

Do you mean you do five sets of five reps each time you do deadlift?

the bar i used to be 112 lbs 5 11

yes but recently ive been doing a 3x12 on tuesdays and 5x5 on fridays

this, it's probably not too big a weight to be cleaned

This is your problem. ONLY do one set of five reps, with a prior two sets of five for warm up.

For example:

1x5 135
1x5 150
1x5 165

Then when you deadlift next week do the same warm ups but for your last set do 170. Or if after the warmup you feel you can do 175 go for that. Increase it every week, but not at the cost of form. The warm up sets will get heavier just like your working set will

aight ill try this thanks

Cuck detector going off the charts

Yes and?