Arms Won't Grow

Ok Veeky Forums,

I'm fucking pissed. My arms have stagnated at 16 inches for over a year and a half. Nothing I do makes a difference. I have done multiple different programs(even that retarded nucleus overload training), tried caloric surplus, tried cutting, and have been lifting for just over 2 years. There's no fucking way I reached my genetic limit in less than 3 years, so what the fuck is wrong? Why aren't my fucking arms growing?

Pic related. It's me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eQXyt1-Pkt0
youtube.com/watch?v=JRmsDjMujjo
youtube.com/watch?v=FrgV4hy6LEM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you are torso dominant. Look how big your fucking chest is. You can either be the guy with a big ass chest and back or you can be the guy with big ass arms but not much else. very rarely do you get big everything. be happy with what you have.

But it makes no sense that after training my biceps and triceps regularly for months I literally haven't gained even a millimetre of size. Even with shitty genetics you shouldn't have achieved your max potential in less than a year. That makes no sense. Especially at my height. My arms aren't even long for my body either.

Never going to make it, your arms look like they have fucking continental drift. Fix your fucking shoulders they a slidding off you.

You've been visited by the gains goblin, it's over.

Looking swole my dude, really nice and thick
Would help you squat on this dick knwamsaying hehe ;)))

I would suck the warm roids right out of your needle dude. No homo bro you are the only one for me bby.

eric why is your snapstory so weak these days?
you used to end up lost in a fucking forest now you play runescape....

Dead legged rope climbing has helped me add size in the past.

I have your exact same genetics, exact same look, exact same fucking bicep , arm shape everything...

and exact same problem building my bis

welcome to natural bodybuilding, you get to a semi-big point at your best and then maintain it for the rest of your life. I reached like 95% of my natty limit, atleast upper-body wise, in 2 years.

With that said, try different rep ranges for arm work, and, unlike with other muscles, work out for the pump - that worked for me to get to 17.5", but I have never surpassed 18"-18.5" when bulking and cut down near 17"-17.5" again most of the time

Been there and fucking done that.
kys
natty
miss me with that gay shit
do you even lift?

How tall are you? Your arms look pretty nice size for your frame/height.

>been there done that.
okay, let me think: Supersets? Time under tension? are you still progressively overloading? All concepts which I employed over the years. I also experimented with pyramid sets back when tinytrip recommended them, gave some joocy pumps

Done it all. Used to be able to curl 60s for reps. Arm was same size. Supersets have never worked for me and the science behind them as a useful bodybuilding tool is non-existent. I would never recommend supersets to anyone who didn't simply enjoy doing them for the sake of doing them. TUT is an inferior interpretation of volume. If you do 5 curls that take 5 seconds each versus 10 curls that take 2.5 seconds each, the TUT is identical, but the repetition volume is higher and with the 10 curls you could probably do them at a higher intensity. Scientific literature shows the best possible elicited hypertrophy results from maximal velocity concentric motion whereas there is no study on the effects of longer negatives and on whether or not simply controlling the weight elicits the inferior or the same results as doing ultra long 5 second eccentrics.

6'4

U got high bicep insertions they look smaller than they are

If you want your arms to grow, forget about your arms.

Sergio Olivia said if he stalled on bench, he'd start squatting heavy.

Add 20lbs of overall muscle, I guarantee your arms go up an inch.

Stop trying to isolate your arms and just work systemic lifts to get big.

Have you tried blood flow restriction training?

do 21's with the strictest form possible

Drop the arm isolation and start doing heavy compounds, bro! If you start benching heavy i guarantee you, your triceps will grow

your arms are already big.

The rest of you is also big, making your arms look small. Its all in the proportions brah. If your chest and delts were shit, your 16 inch arms would look massive by comparison.

Dude you honestly don't look half bad

idk lad you look huge
unironically mirin

Oh really? Fuck off, if anything OP needs to CHANGE their arm exercises if he doesn't grow them, not doing another of the same exercises again and dreamer bulking

You are literally cancer, obviously you will bench more as you squat more because of form reasons, not because you magically got more muscular arms from squats you fucking retard

How much do you do in weighted chinups and row variations?
Really heavy cheat T bar rows or something could help.

Lower the weight and focus on proper form.

Fuck off, you retard. His arms will not grow from just bench press as an advanced lifter. If anything, he needs to hit them harder.

Don't want to sound patronising but maybe you're just not pushing yourself hard enough. It doesn't matter how heavy you lift or how consistent your reps are. If you want your arms to grow, you need to push through the pain and keep going.

Dips and skullcrushers can make your arms grow

but honestly big arms are overrated

Imho i think big triceps can throw off an entire physique, it's better to have a big back and delts than triceps

17.5 inch arms here

it's unironically mostly genetics, but maybe i can still help out, what are you doing for biceps and triceps currently?

one thing that might not have been mentioned yet, cut down to 8% BF, your arms will look bigger the more definition you have.

Circumference is 16 inches. That is not by any means big for a 6'4 man.
Been there done that. Row 300lbs, bench 340.
????
Broscience superset shit has never worked for me and never will.
Been there done that. I bench 340.
Arms are 16", not big for 6'4
Been there done that.
Don't do weighted chins. I lat pulldown like 200lbs+ for reps and BB row 300.
Oh believe me. There is NOTHING half assed about the way I train. You don't hit a 340lbs bench, 300lbs row, and 225lbs ohp from pussy footing around in the gym. Come back when you have a slew of injuries that you train through and tell me about "pushing through the pain".
Skullcrushers hurt my elbows. I do cable and dumbbell stuff exclusively for triceps. Straight bar stuff hurts my wrists too. Currently recovering from two wrist injuries due to straight bar curls.
Tons of shit. In the last 3 months, I finished a cycle of "nucleus overload" which was 3 sets of 30 reps every day. Before that I ran a concurrent periodization program with one heavy and one volume day per week. Volume day was 3x8 on 2-3 isolation exercises, not to mention the added volume from compounds (rowing, pressing). Before that I did 3x per week frequency. Have alternated rep ranges, working sets, intensities, literally fucking everything imaginable.
My arms are 16" now. It's not a matter of bodyfat. 16" on a 6'4 frame is tiny for a lifter.

Turn in your natty card for test-e

if you're 6'4 ur might as well roid.

You're never gonna get huge otherwise.

Have you tried lower weight on the skullcrushers? If they fuck up your elbows you are using too much weight

just hit a cycle you pussy. your hairline looks fine, just don't fuck it up. with those numbers you might as well graduate now or have fun not making shit progress

man, reading that there really isn't anything i can do to help you, you really have tried everything

right now I do 4x10-12 barbell curl on monday, 4x10-12 hammer curl on wednesday, and then 3->5x8 sets of barbell curls on friday (start at 3 sets, go to 5 increasing one set a week), but as you said you have already tried 3x per week frequency so this is unlikely to cause new growth

i really do think it's just down to genetics, just doing doing 3 sets of curls once or twice a week got my arms past 16, and focusing on them more brought me to 17.5 (6'3" and change, 190lbs, you outbench me by ~40lbs)

fwiw you look good and you're strong

>lift for 3-4 years
>cut too hard
>76kg
>look like a skellington

NATTY FOR LIFE MY DUDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111

>Don't do weighted chins. I lat pulldown like 200lbs+ for reps and BB row 300.
I mean you probably weigh 200+ too right? So it's not very heavy. I'd try weighted chins.

gtfo roid ogre

I would kill to look like you.
You look good bro. Be happy.

Everything else is pretty damn fucking huge already, it's just my biceps and triceps as well as maybe my traps and upper chest that are shit. My back is fucking huge though.
Anything above an EZ-bar with tens on each side fucks them up. I can do like 40 reps with that weight so it's not even worth it.
Can't be up to genetics. I hit that plateau after less than a year of training.
Chinups, pullups, and other similar movements have always been, just like the squat, excessively difficult for me. Progress has always been complete shit. I almost never train my legs anymore because of it.

up your volume and frequency
do 5x10 3 times per week
if that dont work do 8x8
if that dont work do 10x10

Did you try lifting weights?

this isn't true user, some people have elbows that are structurally unsuited to doing something like a skullcrusher, french press, or overhead tricep extension

ulnar nerve subluxation is a motherfucker, i can't do any skullcrushers even with an empty bar

can still be up to genetics, your genetic limit for bicep size might just be very low

Dude weighted chinups and dips will make your arms explode like nothing else. Replace a third or even half of your sets of rows/lat pulldowns/bench/arm exercises with those 2 exercises for a few months then come back and thank me.

weighted chins and dips are not magic, they won't do what months of high volume isolation work has failed to do

you've hit max level and aren't happy with your build, not uncommon
you need to delevel your chest and shoulder a bit so you can free up some points to reallocate to your arms

or buy a respec elixir.

I struggle to do even 10 pullups currently. No amount of training my back has really made much of an improvement. Even when I went from an isolateral pulldown weight of 120lbs to 210lbs it didn't really make much difference. I think my build is just not suited to the movement for some anthropometric reason.

You look big enough to me...

how much do you weigh?

Theres guys who can bench 300lb but can't do bodyweight dips so I gotta disagree. The dip isn't called "the upper body squat" for no reason.

Top kek. My mfw when this thread is kekimus Maximus. Somebody screen cap this pls!

some people are not mechanically suited to dips and will have some heinous shoulder or sternum pain that prevents them from doing the exercise

any 300lb bencher has the strength to do a bodyweight dip and suggesting otherwise is fucking asinine

230lbs.

120 to 210 on the isolateral is each side. Total weight for the lift was double that fyi.

I mentioned chinups dude, not pullups. If you're OP do chinups for the emphasis on your arms doing the work. The difference in lat activation according to emg's is only like 20%

Anyway, use Arnolds method of getting the reps. You want to do "x" reps? Then you stay there and do however many sets it takes to get x reps. Gradually it'll take less sets to get x reps, until you get to the point you're doing "regular" sets.

Nice reddit post, upvoted

Somebody screen cap this pls lmaooo

>not mechanically suited to a basic human movement

What utter shit you talk.

sphinx push ups op

youtube.com/watch?v=eQXyt1-Pkt0

>push ups
>for ceps
nigger

>guy in video can do multiple and has smaller arms than me
I'll pass.

youtube.com/watch?v=JRmsDjMujjo

Damn you tried it, it might be genetics like that other user said, since I bench 280 only do chins never done a single curl and have 16.5 inch arms (17 with pump)at 5"7 180 bw

>steroid user
Just lol

>steroids

fatty perma bulkers are this delusional lols

>dude in video is 210 5%bf at 5'10
>natty
shut up

>muh leg drive

stay mad fatty

I bet if you try seated overhead pressing with open legs your numbers are barely bodyweight level

If you think when I say I ohp 225lbs you think I'm push pressing that weight at all you've basically outed yourself as a small jealous delusional loser that has no concept of what's achievable naturally. Do I ohp more than you bench, little faggot?

youtube.com/watch?v=FrgV4hy6LEM

what the fuck

Do it seated in your butt with your legs in V and see how little you ohp

that's the real number you are ohp with your muscles

if you ohp more standing, it's because you are efficient with form rather that you got strong muscles

>DDUUUUURR UR NOT STRONG UR PUSH PRESSING
>shows video
>DUURRRRRR UR JUST MORE EFFICIENT STANDING UP UR NOT STRONG
What's your next mental gymnastics excuse going to be?

Im giving you sacred knowledge, there is a reason why rotating exercises work for advanced and intermediate lifters, the body just get too good for certain movements and growing stops, and the small strength gains you get are from efficient form rather than muscular gains

that's why you need to do variations and start mixing things up

standing ohp is cheating now lol?

it's not cheating but it's limited for intermediate lifters

I have yet to see a single fucking person in the gym do even close to 225lbs on standing ohp, and I've gone to dozens of gyms with tons of insanely strong motherfuckers. I have no clue what the fuck this has to do with my overhead press or why I should listen to the advice of someone with inferior gains to me, inferior lifting knowledge, and inferior understanding of natty limits. That plus you seem to be incapable of speaking English properly. If you're insisting doing some bodyweight memeshit exercise is going to make a difference when I'm already benching more than 99% of people at the gym and ohping more than 99.99999999999% of people at the gym then you're out of your fucking mind.
Don't you know? Standing makes your shoulders 30% stronger for no real reason.
Just shut up. The lift is harder when executed standing unless you use leg drive. Stop spouting your nonsense.

>muh numbers

you are just retarded, you will never be aesthetic

my broken english is because i'm italian

Seated is much much easier to cheat you idiot kys.

Not an excuse. I speak two languages flawlessly. I know some insecure small "shredded" faggot like you who can't even bench 2plate lurks this place constantly. You're constantly being exposed to the language but you're just too retarded to pick it up.

your just insecure, i see small dudes with 15' arms easily here that have abs

you probably didn't post a pic without a shirt because your fat as fuck lols

do olympic weightlifting

225lbs ohp is strong but not insane, its achievable within a couple of years with good training. The reason you dont see it often is because nobody actually trains the ohp often

but youre issue is not doing weighted chins and dips. you probally arent strong at curls either. You bench with a wide grip i bet

Fucking obese.
Lol at 2plate ohp in 2 years. Another delusional retard. I see tons of people doing it at the gym. I can close grip as much as I can wide grip lmfao

>muh gym
yeah and ive never seen anyone deadlift more than 120kg in the gym yet I deadlift 230kg after little over a year, your point?

>inb4 roids

try cutting until you look good, THEN start thinking about roids

Well my arms are like below 13 inches so you can just suck on my micro penis for all I care

checked

What a worthless example. I've trained at dozens of gyms. It's as common as bench press or squats. Get out of your mom's basement maybe?

>over 500lbs deadlift in just over a year
height/weight?

>actually knows that he's a good looking guy
>somehow cannot stand the image of his ARMS

Hey OP, good news for you, you are not a girl, you can live a wonderful life without having bigger biceps. Did they teach you that biceps are a disvantageus lever? It's manlier to train triceps, shoulders, back and legs.

Last but not least: steroids? go fuck yourself in shame. You basically want to destroy your health because you want puffed biceps.

You waste months of time lifting weights for absolutely no benefit and tell me you aren't frustrated after that. Who said I can't stand them? I'm just mad because they refuse to fucking grow while the rest of my body does.

Also I said my ARMS. That includes triceps. My biceps and triceps refuse to grow despite months of rigorous training. Also what the fuck does "disvantageus" mean?

Ok man, this is a better, more mature, point. Long post in departure, hope you'll read.

My opinion, as I stated in the post above, is that biceps are difficult to train if you don't put poison in your body because they are not a good lever. This means that you cannot fully isolate them. Part of the strenght you are exploding actually comes from triceps, for instance. That could be one of the possible reasons for you hitting the plateau. I tell you this because you are so much frustrated but I think is quite normal that a bicep sooner or later will stop to grow while other groups actually deputated to express more strenght will respond better to the hypertrophy stimuli.

I think you have two healty options, apart from poisoning yourself (pretty retard choice).

- cutting, maybe changing your training from lifting to calisthenics. You would develop a badass body: you have great shoulders and this is a wonderful starting line, and the V shape would be improved.

- you eat more and start doing olympic weightlifting where you actually develope strenght, power, enourmous shoulders, back and legs. That would be a good improvement for developing massive strenght and lifting more with your biceps, forcing the hypertrophy. Even if biceps in olympic weightlifting could get in the way of your elbows properly closing up while you catch the barbell. But this is more of a future perspective.

Sorry man, I meant "not advantageous". I'm not a native english speaker. Same for triceps: your body is built to convoy the strength coming from legs through the spine and the shoulders. Arms are only the terminal of this process. Thing is that in BB they teach you the opposite: you got to have a bigger upper body, and someone is still skipping legs' day. So they sooner or later take steroids.

I shared with you my little opinions and experience, hope to be helpful.

you're genetics are fucked pussy you were meant to have retard baby arms, man up with it or kill yourself autist

Fuck you shitcunt I'll take steroids and become a TRUE freak. Might have baby arms, but those baby arms are gonna have a fucking vein ROADMAP on them when I'm done.

You good mang but try and hit 100 reps of biceps every other day. I don't care what exercise bar, cable whatever just 100 reps that target your biceps