Why do people fall for the gym membership meme when literally all you need for a home gym are weights...

Why do people fall for the gym membership meme when literally all you need for a home gym are weights, a barbell and adjustable dumbbells? Don't even need a bench or squat/power rack because you can just do floor presses and front squats instead. Right now I have 50kg in weights + barbell and adjustable dumbbells and it only cost me around $450, cheaper than a year of gym membership and I get to keep it forever.

Other urls found in this thread:

muscledriverusa.com
rougefitness.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what type of gym were you looking at? For me it cost like 250dollars for a year which you can go to 24/7

i live alone and nobody would save me in a fatal fuckup of some sort.

1. I enjoy talking to the people i met at my gym, i've made many friends there

2. I don't have space in my house for a gym, my room would be crowded as fuck

3. If I bought my own gym shit it would cost thousands of dollars

4. I probably will not be able to find the amount of equipment i have access to at my gym

My gym comes with a pool, sauna, and an indoor basketball court, which I enjoy immensely.
Also sometimes I get cabin fever.

>all you need is to never go below 90 degrees on bench and never squat more than you can clean
D Y E L

>Right now I have 50kg in weights + barbell and adjustable dumbbells and it only cost me around $450

this is a joke right? you got completely ripped off if this is not a joke. That should cost you like $80 on craigslist/gumtree

because some of us are apartment cucks
also have fun failing on bench while being alone without any safety rack

/Thread
Also I can Ask people to spot me

i only pay $5.35/month for my gym. has two squat racks, two sets of dumbbells up to 100lbs. 4 cable machines. 6+ adjustable benches and 4 regular benches and 2 incline benches

its a pretty great deal. and theyre open until midnight

>have to buy new weights all the time
>shit takes up a lot of space
>doorframe pull up bars will collapse once you add decent weights or get too big
>you can't let your weights fall on the floor after deadlifts
>doing weighted push ups is annoying to do
>neighbors might get annoyed by the clanking noises

I am /homegym/ myself, but there are definitely downsides

>50kg in weights + barbell and adjustable dumbbells and it only cost me around $450
Pretty sure you got ripped off dude.
Besides have fun with the 50kg that's gonna last you a month.

OP, I was a gym member for SIX FUCKING YEARS until I bought a treadmill and some weights (ez curl bar, 2 dumbbells) and it was one of the best decisions I've made. No assholes hogging equipment, no sluts giving you dirty looks when you check out their tits and ass because I'm not 6'4" or have a trust fund. No dirty "ethnic" groups stinking up the fucking place with their sub-human BO. No, the home gym is the way to go!!!FACT!!!

I've always trained in a gym emvironment, ever since I was like twelve. Working out alone is such a foreign concept to me that I'm just unable to do it.

how am i supposed to do triceps pushdowns.

using dumbbells to train triceps is the most aids thing ive ever done.

>Right now I have 50kg in weights + barbell
So what do you do after warm up?

Why fall for the weight meme when you can just do bodyweight? Because bodyweight becomes inconvenient past a certain point in progressions (adding too much weight or doing weird balance lifts). Same thing with the home gym; most people don't have the space to put all that shit in a one bedroom/studio and going to the gym, while more expensive in the long run, is simply easier.

>using dumbbells to train triceps is the most aids thing ive ever done.
what, just do extensions and kickbacks you fucking moron

>Why do people fall for the gym membership meme when literally all you need for a home gym are weights, a barbell and adjustable dumbbells?
Buy me a bigger house and I'll switch to a home gym.

That is how much i pay for 2 years and guess what
I can front squat more than 50kg my friend.
>Poor fag "MIND" the gap.

managed to haggle $70 on gumtree for a bench, barbell, 100kg if weights, and some shitty adjustment dumbells.

dude will even deliver it for $75

>mfw I live in an upstairs apartment and cant get a treadmill

elliptical machine then

And how do you look?

its aids and i dont wanna fucking do it you moron.

>What is social interaction
If im not up to anything just getting out the house for an hour a day feels good

Thats a sweet deal. Im looking for the same thing.

wow wtf. Why is it so cheap?

This. OP probably is DYEL mode.

What's the deadlift-equivalent exercise for adjustable dumbells?

Also what's the equivalent of lats pull-downs?

I can see tight bitches ass at my local gym without looking like a perv.

I don't want to start a home gym because it would become really crowded in my house.
I'd probably catch neighbors using my home gym 24/7 and knowing me I'd be too beta to make them pay membership

The barbell alone should cost at least $200 if it's not shit.

I'm /homegym/ too and I don't have any of these issues

i have no idea how you people go to the gym for the social side of it, the people there are either uninteresting or worse, niggers/spics. i absolutely fucking hate it when some guy walks up and asks me when im finished, it's some of the most annoying and pointless shit ever.

Weighted chin ups. How fucking DYLE are you?

if you're not a homebody,having a place to shower whereever you are is handy.

You illiterate fuck, I was asking about a dumbell substitute, so I don't have to also put up a bar in my home.

Why do people fall for the home gym meme when literally all you need is an outdoor gym and gymnastics rings?

>be me
>be calistenics
>move back to small home village
>join local gym to meet people and support the gym
>1 month into ss
>Guy who dls 310kg and his crew ask me to join their 4day brosplit
>my workscedual doesnt allow it

Bullet safley dodged

Also: if i happen to have started squating 2pl8 and can ohp 50kg etc, should i go back and do the first three weeks of ss since i didnt read about it or just keep doing my chinups?

well get your shit done. Don't monopolize bench for half-hour. This ain't the seventies, we know we don't neeed to spend 4hrs lifting to achieve gains. Get in, get ur shit done and leave. 20min each station tops unless you are doing a station exhaust.

>$10/month for a full gym
>$450 to have fucking weights crammed somewhere in your house / apt
Are you seriously curious why people aren't doing this you fucking retard?

>$450, cheaper than a year of gym membership
Except my gym membership is €15/month.

>going to shit yuropoor gyms

lmao

trying to become /homegym/, how much should I spend on plates off craigslist?

>only 50kg in barbell and pl8s
>can't squat
>can't bench
You almost had me there

retarded. floor presses are not a subsitute for bench and front squats are certainly not a substitute for back squats.

plus cables and certain cardio equipment can be very useful. not absolutely necessary but if there's a cheap gym that has good shit then might as well fork over the $15 and try not to be such a cheap bastard in life.

call with a burner phone and offer whatever they're asking then stuff them into the trunk of their own car and steal the plates.

the guy's selling weights, that means he doesn't use weights, that means you're stronger than him

Or you know, we just don't get ripped off as much as you do.

no way

My gym has cool shit that I can't have at home.

Oh my god, I haven't thought of that

it's shit bro.

whats wrong with it?

Eventually membership fees will be more than having outright bought home gym. Saved time by having a gym at home.

If it costs that little it's of bad quality. A good one can go well above $500 even.

Floor presses don't do full ROM, front squats are a meme, and do adjustable DBs even go up past like 50? Even if they do, it'd be inconvienient. Plus, lifting in your garage, alone, without safeties. A minimal home gym setup would be a power rack, a barbell, plates, DBs, a bench, and a dip belt so you can do weighted pullups on the power rack

Where the fuck are people living where gyms are this little money? Even Planet Shitness is 50, anywhere I've trained with real olympic lifting has been over 100.

Only shit tier yuropoor gyms that don't have anything are this cheap. Cheapest gym in my area is $50 a month as well.

too dangerous for manlets shut it down

Bench press

What? PF is ten bucks a month. Chain gyms like gold's and LA are around 30-40.

But that's a huge plus, user

I was asking why better quality matters.

I found the answers myself

--------

The good Olympic and power lifting bars use PSI ratings. Good PSI ratings are 155k and above. See muscledriverusa.com and rougefitness.com for places that list the PSI ratings. Your Pendlay bars are at about 165K PSI and there are a couple at Rougue that are at 215K PSI. According to Eleiko's marketing info you want a bar in excess of 195k PSI rating if you are dropping the bar (really heavy power cleans and dead lifts)
Bearings vs. Bushings: Bearings need more care, but are necessary for those Olympic lifts. Bushings are durable but the sleeves don't spin as freely. If you are doing power lifting just get the bushing bar.
Bumpers vs. Iron/Steal plates: No matter your taste, it might be good to have a couple bumper plates for your dead lift or barbell rows. Basically, bumper plates are the same diameter and vary by thickness. They are also designed to cushion the blow when you drop the bar. Your warmup sets won't be at 135lb, so a pair of 10lb bumpers and a pair of 25lb bumpers would get you the right bar height for your warmup sets.
Word about bumpers: They are not all created equal. Some bumpers like the Hi-Temp bumpers at Rougue may vary by as much as 10% at the lower weights. Others are very precise (like the Pendlay bumpers or any certified bumpers).

>What? PF is ten bucks a month

Just for the first year.

>front squats are certainly not a substitute for back squats.
you're right, they're better and don't fuck up your back

>Your warmup sets won't be at 135
pffft what

I guess that's how they punish people who sign up at PF who actually want to use the equipment

top kek

This is one reason to lift at home. If I want to spend 40 minutes doing squats I fucking will. And without some cock asking otherwise.