/fat/ - "good luck pianoman" edition

CDC has some good tips: cdc.gov/healthyweight/losing_weight/index.html

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous thread

MUH CHEET MONTH

You posted this picture with a similar message in all caps in the last thread. You tryin' to force a meme, buddy?

12am, feeling hungry. i feel so close to where i'll start seeing changes.

i've lost 100 pounds and yeah i look different, but i don't look fit or even thin. these last 30 pounds i'm feeling like are the hardest..

actually if you were paying attention, i've slowly risen the cheat times from a day, to a week, to a month

i will go on

Due to moving and shit, I've been away from the gym and basically not paying attention to what I eat like in the old days

Finally picked up a scale after the last one broke (I-I dropped it I swear), and the weight basically hasn't changed. It's been about a week of weighing again so I'm confident that the weight is right

It feels wrong, /fat/

Cheat day/week/month/year/decade/century/millenium/era/eons have been a meme for a while, haven't they?

>last 30
Be careful, you have to go lower in body fat then you'd expect to really get rid of extra fat. I hope you've been lifting.

Oh, I only saw one about how you didn't eat enough and you should eat more. It was equally unfunny.

Yeah, but I mean with the same picture and all caps.

whats your height and starting weight?

i have been lifting. i'm not sure if i'm just revealing muscles that i've had, or it's just noob gains even while eating below my TDEE. how does 5'9 150 sound to start bulking

5'9, was 280

180 now. no loose skin thankfully

I'm not an expert enough for that, but I'd say see how you feel about your body when you get to 150.

I'm going to keep cutting until my moobs and belly are gone. There's no reason for me to stop before then, unless I'd be going dangerously underweight (hopefully lifting will help with this).

at this weight, it feels like every 5 pounds makes a difference.

also feels harder for some reason

Do the pirated versions of MyFitnessPal apk work actually?

How do they sync?

Anyone have a trusted link?

There's no reason to pirate, you can track calories and macros fine in normal MFP. What else would you need?

332 Today, ^12lbs from yesterday, ^7lbs from start. Don't know where that came from, I started adding salt to my salmon yesterday because I was having some headache issues on the treadmill, but I don't think that adds up to 12lbs.

3.2mi on treadmill today, 27mi overall.

Also, if someone can recommend a good digital scale that doesn't change with foot position and gives a constantly updating reading instead of freezing at a random number, that would be great.

Got some mires from family I had dinner with tonight

I feel real bad for the guys who have gains goblin relatives

Are you doing your exercises, /fat/?

>I'm on vacation
>Had 2-3 glasses of soda today
>Haven't drank sugary drinks in years
>Overate on rice, bread, chicken, and bbq we cooked on the grill
>I'm not going to make it
>I'm not going to make it trough my vacation

Wait eating too fast is a thing? How does that have negative effects? It all goes into your stomach, who cares about the speed it goes in?

Maybe you eat more because your body's leptin response doesn't have time to activate?
STOP EATING
[spoiler]or just enjoy your vacation and don't go too overboard[/spoiler]

Yeah they work, make sure when you search to include the word 'premium'.
Don't have a link but it was in the top like 4 sites, any of the ones that don't work will just send you to another site, none of the ones that actually allowed you to download were malware.

No ads (enough already) but also more options, allows you to set macros based on grams instead of %, it shows your remaining macros/fiber on the homepage, you can set it where you eat a different amount of different days (like increasing calories amount or protein amount on lift days), track exercises without it taking away from your calories, tells you what foods you have eaten that are highest in whatever nutrient, makes the view to see macros in just a button that is always at top, and allows you to export all your data in an autistic spreadsheet with everything you've ever done.

That about covers it, MFP puts a lot of basic shit behind a subscriptions service, everyone should download the apk instead.

Bf% estimate?

I'm trying to finally put an end to the yo-yoing of my weight. In high school I was 250 at my heaviest weight (having been overweight my entire life). I finally managed to lose about 90 pounds during my last year of high school into my first year of college. Did it mostly through eating less/not eating at all due to depression. Over the past decade I've bounced back to 170 (back down to 150), to 180 (back down to 160), and finally back up to 200 at the start of the year now down to 185 and still going.

I found a diet that I think I can make my permanent lifestyle (no dairy, no gluten) vs arbitrarily cutting calories in an unhealthy way. Weight is coming off slower than it has in the past, but I feel better about how I'm doing it. I hope I'm at 160 by the end of the year, and maybe even down to something like 140 someday.

I don't think cheat month is particularly hilarious but I appreciate his posts meaning. We all do mental gymnastics to escape a reasonable diet, and I appreciate the mocking of the idea of a cheat day. You can have a pastry or a cheeseburger and not cheat your calorie limit. You can even run your butt off and work it off literally. But just giving yourself a cheat day where you put on weight is dumb.

/fat/ is for those ready for the daily commitment to better themselves. /fat/ is where all fatties in recovery can come for support or to inspire other fatties. I'm 6-7 months in and I'm grateful for the support I get here and for the fatties that we motivate as we go.

Brothers, I need your help. I am down 75lb but I am on a break from school right now and finding it so hard stay on my diet. Like I am going out and having a great time but that also means eating out and eating things that I shouldn't be. Help me be strong.

You are strong. You've survived for so long, and you will survive for even longer. Be smart, be strong, and the abs will slowly come. I love you.

>lift today
>shit sets from being hungover two days prior and skipping a lift day
>get decent amount of calories in from rice/chicken/beans/broccoli
>see friends I haven't hung out with in a while
>don't drink, but they are the kind that only has two beers and stops
>go to wing stop with them
>eat 2500 calories of lemon pepper fat fried nuggets and fries
>a-and an I sweet t-tea please

First time I've really felt /fat/ in a long long time. I haven't seen any progress on the scale. But my shit noobie lifts are getting better when I'm going at it. I see slight body change, few people have commented on it too, which felt nice.

OP, are you the guy who keeps asking about the CDC on every /fat/ thread for some reason?

>losing weight while eating pizza because meticulosity calculated every calorie i eat
>step on the scale without having taken a shit yet
>79.8

79.8 BodyFat%?

I eat out daily. Just get one thing or a side order. Don't bother with entrees and big ticket items. You will save money too. And dont eat out three times a day, the calories are just too much from fast food. Most convenience stores have fruit cups and water that are cheap to boot. Alsoi, don't be afraid to ask the server about portions (how big is X item, I'm looking for a light snack, I'm not that hungry etc).

And be honest with your friends if you have any. If they ask you why you're not getting much, just tell them you're on a diet and suffer the humiliation. They will make fun of you, they will eat shit in front of you and pat their bellies. Fucking dicks. They want you to enjoy yourself, but you'll be fat for your whole life if you listen to them.

losing weight while eating pizza is the best. I want to 'High five' you.

May we die young of heart disease and puzzle everyone around us someday.

nope, 79.8kg total, i'm sub 80 finally, i'm 178cm, 5'10

what a retard i am, i don't know my bf%, i lost 165lbs and i'm a mess of skin i'd say probably 20% when i lay down (if i push my abdomen i can see my abs) and +30% when i stand up, it's really hard to tell

>cheat yuga almost over

My karma is fucked lads

why do some of you 200+ pund fatties even meassure your bodyfat % for. it's so pointless and i see a lot of you guys doing it.

Because they are taking their weight loss seriously and some of them are lifting as well, I assume. They could lose some muscle mass due to a calorie deficit or lack of exercise. That would be nothing to be exited about since losing muscle is one of the easiest things to do in the world. Maybe other reasons Im not that knowledgeable. But the point of this is fat loss, not weight loss.

we want to know exactly what percentage of ourselves to hate

>tfw 100%

I haven't lost any weight in the last week and I've been eating way below my TDEE.

I know this happens sometimes but any tips?

Use Fatsecret. So much better than MFP.

that makes sense, but unless you are very dedicated i think it could be counter-productive, it's so depressing. not wanting to be skinny-fat is the right attitude but if you are that fat you should be motivated by not wanting to die at 40 or having adult onset diabetes.worry about your muscles once you are skinny enough.

have you been exercising?

Yeah, I ride my road bike for about 15 km 3-4 times a week

keeping track of progress and seeing improvements is a form of motivation. It's far from counter productive and makes weight loss a game of 'try harder, do better'.

They already have that motivation (health reasons). The more motivation the better. As a complete nihilist, it's hard to come up with reasons sometimes. Filling that list with more things is a good thing so stop hatin'.

Just wait it out or up your workouts

The problem is I know for sure I'm eating right and way below my TDEE. I'm 72 kg and aiming for 65 btw.

Currently 5'10" and 333 pounds. But today is the first day in a full year that i've woke up without instantly coming to my pc and stuffing my face. I hope I can do it /fat/, I really do

Try pedaling harder and faster. The harder you work out, the more calories. Also, a week is not that long. Might be poop and muscles. Come back if you dont see progress in 4 weeks. Also, start lifting.

You can do this, user. Keep Veeky Forums on a tab at all times, watch fat acceptance cringe videos, look up Intermittent Fasting, it's easy to do.

We're all going to make it, and we all believe in you.

It'll pass eventually, it happens to everyone. But to try and get over it without without waiting, you can either have a few days eating a few more calories than you normally do so your body's like wtf, or you can lower your calories and up excercise

>333 pounds
Fat fuck

I will do for sure, man. Veeky Forums is what's giving me the extra motivation to do this, i'm never leaving this place. Thank you bro, we're all gonna do it

Yeah, i know it's terrible i've got to this point, but all I can do is start now and lose it

Aye

>watch fat acceptance cringe videos

Thank you for telling me to google that. I have not laughed in some time.

That guy was perfect 10/10 intellectual rage.

>no loose skin

i don't believe it

not that unbelievable

>tfw i can see a hint of collarbone
im on my way bros
soon i'll be able to suck my own dick

Is anyone ever gonna post results of the meme fasting diet?

>was about to eat chocolate
>"no"
>throw into the trash
>eat a banana instead
begone foul temptation

Well done /fat/bro, I'm proud of you

they all died before they could update us

19%

Chocolate is too good to pass up.
I've allocated myself 2 squares daily.
The only way you're gonna make it long term is if have a satisfying diet, with moderation.

Should I get powdered protein? Is it useful for cutting or just bulking?

I had a protein bar for breakfast today, 200 kcal and it felt pretty good.

Fuck I'm jealous. I'm a manlet and my tdee is about 2500 and that's IF I'm going to the gym 3 times a week. Medium pizza is 2k by itself

If you can hit your daily intake get it. Protein is just as important during cutting if you want to retain as much muscle mass as possible after a cut.

*can't

I don't know if this thread will be for what I'm asking...but here goes.

I'm trying to lose weight but can't stand the taste of most healthy foods I've been raised on junk food for my whole life and I guess it's just made things nastier for me I get it's calories in vs out but junk food is a lot of calories compared to health stuff... I do like carrots and romaine lettuce and avocados. But broccoli I can not stand what or some good tasting healthier foods? Or healthy ways to prepare some not so tasty ones to make them tastier? And as a fat guy trying to cut and not bulk would protein bars be okay as they are really filling.

I'm going to go to the gym 4 days a week, maybe 5.

Might start doing 2 workouts a day.

Going to squat 4 times a week, bench 2 times a week (though debating doing that 4) press 3 times a week (probably 2 strict and one fully push press) 1 deadlift a week and 2 clean sessions.

>Tfw can't snatch

Gotta work into that Hope this shit works. Also going to try to get a 6 minute mile.

what the fuck do you want me to say? Are you interested in being healthy or just losing weight?

Eat what you like and stay within your calorie limit. Eat fucking pizza and burgers for all I care. I don't have time to play twenty questions figuring out what vegetables you do or don't like.

Jesus christ broccoli hardly has any taste at all, it's just a flavor sponge for soy sauce and shit you fucking child.

>I like carrots

Then fucking eat them if you want to. Jesus.

Learn how to cook or you will never lose weight.

My mom always went on about how healthy food was "nasty" or "disgusting" but she literally just boiled vegetables as if that is how you prepare fucking food to be tasty.

how much stock should i put into bodyfat calipers?

i did the scooby calculation, the Bodybuilding.com calculation, and the Accu-Measure calculation and they all gave me a similar number.

Recently I've been taking "healthy" food like chicken, broccoli and rice and just making rice bowls. Cook the chicken, cut it into small bites, put in bowl with rice bed and broccoli, mix it all up and add sauces. Makes eating the default chicken + veggie meal way better.

that's bullshit fatty.

>Chocolate is too good to pass up

Holy shit it writes itself.

YOU EVER CONSIDER NOT EATING AN ENTIRE PIZZA DINGUS?

Swap soda for fizzy water (or regular water). It's a small change that'll save you hundreds of calories

>bf wants to go McDonald’s later
>regular order is Big Mac and fries with a cheeseburger
>968 cals
>making sweet potato enchiladas for dinner
>546 cals
>that’s all the calories for the day

I wish he’d come over so I can start eating already

What the fuck kind of medium pizza is 2k? I make my own large pizzas which are 1k max

I'm doing cheat meals once a week while on a strict 1700 calorie diet. The day of my cheat i fee so fucking good. I don't feel tired like i do on my diet days, I sleep like a baby during cheat days. Next Friday is my next cheat day. this cheat day I had a 1.3k calorie pp@j with a bunch of watermelon,3lbs of it. Abet the melon was mostly the rind part so it wasn't as sweet. I had 2 90 calorie granola,50 calorie granola bar and 10oz steak. probably around 3k calories.

Now I'm back to my diet until next Friday. I might have some in and out burger, never had one.

I'll have to try that it sounds like some thing where i could easily prepare that weeks of meals. Thanks user for advice!

just don't get a cheeseburger, congrats you freed up 300 calories for something more filling or a snack later.

lost 28lbs since July 1st. Still got a long way to go, but I'm doing it guys. I'm doing it!

Fuck.
Well I didn't gain weight, but I didn't lose any either.
what a waste of 7 days

Who else here uses the MyFitnessPal app?

I legit started counting calories on that, and put myself on a 1000 calories deficit diet/routine. Initially it was hard (I started with 300 calorie deficit, then raised that to 500, then 700, then 850, then 1000), but when you start counting calories, you literally lose the will to eat chocolates/shitty food

Especially if you combine that with a good strength routine + cardio. I do about 30 minutes of jogging now (only burn 300 calories, not that much), but everytime I see a chocolate bar or something fatty, I think to myself, man if I don't eat this, it's like doing 30 minutes of running.

I lost 15 kilos over 3 months, which to me is pretty fucking insane, I know people can do better, but this was the best thing I had done, and I'm pretty proud of it.

I used to be 135kg, then got down to 120. I kept going down till I hit 109kg, but then stress from uni and work got me slacking off in the gym, and not watching my diet, and over 6 months, I actually gained, and went back up to 120kg (I would have continued gaining all the way back to 135, but I checked the scales thinking I have only gained 5 or 6 kilos, since I could visibly see my body getting fatter, and to my surprise it was + 11 kilos) Now I have started again, but knowing that it worked before, really helped me out, and I am sure it will work for every one of you

I now eat 2 pounds of spinach and 1 pound of broccoli a day

I lift and went on a binge this Friday and last. and all across the board my lifts went up and i slept like a baby. I binged on chicken,peanut butter,melon,and banana. Not sodas or any of that shit. Feels fucking good,now back on track until next week! Going to have in and out maybe, never had one of their burgers before

Do a push/pull/legs routine
It's actually the most effective.
Start with compound exercises (ones that affect more than one muscle group)

it's not that bad, I used to be 135 kilos (about 300 pounds).
I went all the way down to 109kg, but then stopped due to stress eating from a really rough semester at uni, (plus I got a really sweet new job, that has catered lunches, and free chocolates/softdrinks, that really fucked me up), and got up to 120kg, but I am continuing that

It's doable man, even losing a bit of weight gives you that morale boost, which will keep you going.

Any improvement, even if it's a pound, is victory, and is better than if you were on your bed/couch

see

>at pc
>chicken in the oven
>hear oven tray make a loud crash
>open oven and theres a gigantic fucking fire blazing inside of it
>panic
>grab bag of flour and dump the entire thing inside the oven to douse it
>lost appetite
good god

fat fucks

Oh god. Went out drinking yesterday.
Plan was to drink wine instead of beer before and during. Didn't go too well, ended up starting with beer.
It was very tasty, so had another, and another, and another, and another. 5 beers. Then started on the wine.
And had beers when I went out.. God damnit.

Also had homemade pizza with dough made from oats - so it was like a big oath-cookie with fill. However, I ate half of it, which is like 150g of oats and 150g cheese, and some veggies and a little bit of bacon.
I now have beer-farts and oats-fart, and man, they smell like hell.

And there was cake and ice cream at work yesterday, had some of that. But "luckily" it went right through me and I had loose stool 30 min later. I'm not really lactose intollerant, so I don't know what happened.

I did keep my diet pretty good during rest of the week, and I could fit in a pair of pants I considered to be impossible, and it looked and felt pretty good.

Will not binge today!

You dumped flour on a fire? How retarded are you?