I can't do a single fucking pullup Veeky Forums. What are some exercises I can do to build up to the real thing?

I can't do a single fucking pullup Veeky Forums. What are some exercises I can do to build up to the real thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rpJNM87Pbao
youtube.com/watch?v=tK8WMZvl010
scoobysworkshop.com/pullups-for-total-beginners/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

negs
start insulting every bitch you see until you can do a pullup and then do that

Negative pull ups.
Lat pull down bar.
Row machine.

Negatives

The most effective way to get better at pull ups is to love weight.

If you're not fat and can't do a single pull up first that's really pathetic be ashamed of yourself then start doing lat pulldowns, they're pretty much assisted pull ups

Imagine you are piushing the bar away rather than pulling yourself up. Maybe chin ups are easier? Seriously though, I'm an overweight grill with osteoarthritis who has never been to the gym and can do at least 7.

Lat pulldowns

When does it count as failing a rep? The more I do, the smaller my ROM becomes. At what point does it count as failing the rep? I have this problem with all my pulling lifts.

REACHING NATTY LIMIT CMON
youtu.be/rpJNM87Pbao

no grills on the internet, nice try faggot.

Negatives
Assisted
Regulars.

squats

Dieting.

huh?

The reason you all can't find a nice gf is when one drops into your lap you can't fucking accept it, just like you can't accept that some of us are stronger than you.

Lots of slow negatives pull ups.
Reverse curls.

Kekd

barbell row

So what? Who gives a shit? This is a difficult exercise for anyone who hasn't been doing it on regular basis. Keep lifting and you'll eventually end up strong enough to pull your own weight with no problem, it just takes time. Start with reverse pull ups followed by chin ups.

Cheat. Do it with one foot on a stool until you can do it without it.

Lol and kek

Just do negative pullups. Make sure you know the right technique (scapula retracted, etc), to not fuck up your shoulders right from the start like i did back in the days.
Also do lat pulldown and what this user said

One more thing, try close-grip pullups, they are easier and you will also get stronger on wide grip

No offense but you must not be doing them strict in the least or have been training them for a while. Not saying that I haven't seen strong women (saw a girl squat 3pl8 for a triple) but it just seems unlikely that you can do 7 pullups as a noob grill

Chin-ups. Much easier and will give you gains.

>mfw i discovered i could actually do a pullup yesterday after a lifetime of thinking it was an impossible task

my main concern is I can do them but I am not fully suspended in the air. my feet touch the ground with my door frame mounted bar. It throws my form off and thus concentration and execution. Should I cross bend my knees and cross my ankles or just dangle and swipe the floor?

these assisted pullup machines I'd say. Or cable, that always works

If I were you, I'd just try making a regular pushup by getting something to stand on and jump up till you get to the top of the bar and then let myself slowly decline.

had a pretty interesting experience regarding pullups the other day
>tfw can do about 22-25 strict form pullups
>tfw want to finally try out weights
>think 5kg will be enough
>easy as fuck for 10 reps, do 15
>take 10kg
>10 reps manageable

15kg on 70kg bodyweight is alright, isn't it? Or do other people directly use 25kg? I really can't judge it but I hope it's a decent weight

Just do negatives until you can do one

his form is good overall but am I the only one here who does the full motion on top and actually squeezes the back while getting my chin OVER the bar?

I'm pretty strong and assure you I am using proper form and am doing them slowly, not using momentum to cheat. I think this guy just needs more will power or do flexed arm hangs if the issue is holding on to the bar rather than pulling himself up. If I can do it with 62kg of thick ass legs weighing me down so can he. Maybe it's a mobility issue. My shoulders are fucked so I prefer chin ups to pull ups but can do at least 5-6 of the latter.

Honestly I don't know why women aren't expected to be able to do pull ups/chin ups for the military etc. or why a man would struggle. Like I said I'm heavy and handicapped and can still do them cleanly and tidily.

Are you going chin above the bar and arms fully extended? If not its not a true pull-up

>Imagine you are piushing the bar away

wtf man that doesn't work any way you look at it

his form is terrible he doesnt even do a deadhang

that's not a true pullup cunt, a true pull-up starts from the lats contracted position and you are ok as long as you get past eye-level.
Anything higher is ok too, but only if you do it with straight form, but if you say stupid ass shit cues like "chin past the bar" people are gonna subconsciously raise their head and get their neck in a bad position.

l-london

You're not even supposed to do deadhangs after every rep. Just need to extend your arms just before the point of lock out.

>"chin past the bar" people are gonna subconsciously raise their head and get their neck in a bad position.

Topkek, it wouldn't even be so much of a problem if they only did this, because those fuckheads who say pull yourself up to your upper chest are turning that exercise into a plain rowing one

And by the way,
Use bands and negatives to reach your goal. Progressive overload is also a thing for Pullups.

t. 18 clean pullups at 93kg

Pendlay rows will help a bit, should bw doing them anyway, wide grip lat pulldowns and negatives (maintain tension as much as possible in the eccentric portion of a pull up. Basically you just cut the concentric part of the movement.

>70 kg bodyweight
you should fix your anorexia, son

Was using 17,5kg at at like 97kg once for five reps
But everyone starts somewhere

If we didn't love weights we wouldn't be here.

Negative pull-ups
Assisted pull-ups
Rack chins
Lat pulldown

More on technique? All I get is videos which dont explain technique well to a newbie

I bought a pullup bar and I couldn't do even 1 chinup. It took a few weeks of negs everyday before I could even barely do 1 cheat one. AFter a while though I could start doing 1.. then 2 etc. 4 years later I can do 30 @ 220 just stick with it.

>black
>according to her hairstyle and outfit she has a paying job
>^liberation

Bodyweight rows, scapula pullups and eccentric pullups will get you there. I'd recommend keeping the prep-training to BW, as you definently need to have some sort of core stabilization when going for pull ups. Be patient, my man.

You an use a chinp up/dip assist machine at the gym youtube.com/watch?v=tK8WMZvl010 you gradually build up enough muscle and strength to do pull ups/chin ups on your own

lateral pull downs. On a cage just reverse your hands

dumbell curls for reverse grip develops that strength. 78 year old Jacinto Bonilla doing them on his Facebook page.

Deadlifts and front squats

scoobysworkshop.com/pullups-for-total-beginners/

What's a deadhang?

Im just touching the bar with the chin.

Clean chin/chest to bar from a deadhang in a rhythmic sequence. When you skimp on rom and kip etc they are pseudo reps and stroking of the ego

Clean chin/chest to bar from a deadhang in a rhythmic sequence. When you skimp on rom and kip etc they are pseudo reps and stroking of the ego

Relaxing your back at the bottom of the rep

>18 clean pullups at 93kg

Wtf post arms and back