/NPG/ - Neck Pill General

Take The Neck Pill: imgur.com/a/Kllwi

Any brahs have a chick they know find them surprisingly more attractive after a few months of neck training, and they can't figure out why? Feels good man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u_5tcUgOYiI
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24930131
keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2013/02/21/study-neck-strength-predicts-concussion-risk/
imgur.com/a/Kllwi
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2009/07/whats-that-spindly-thing-holding-up.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/06/why-your-head-is-fucking-tiny-is.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/07/why-your-head-is-fucking-tiny-is.html
naturalstrength.com/2011/04/key-to-might-muscle-circa-1926-chapter_11.html
bretcontreras.com/neck-training-101/
youtube.com/watch?v=zvQTyHE2c5M
youtube.com/watch?v=iWYsPcyH69A
youtube.com/watch?v=5TxB_CwzRIE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZUUJOEzBPks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Honestly I'm convinced.

But can I actually train my neck 5-6 times a week? Like day after day.

It's working for a lot of people, myself included. You're not gonna train it for more than 10-20 mins per day. I don't get why weightlifters are such pussies. Athletes work the same muscles day after day after day.

Fuck, this meme has gone to far. Already contemplating on adding a neck day to my routine.

>Grew up as a metalhead thorough my teenage years
>Years of headbangig made my neck THICC

Seriously dude stop giving away sacred knowledge like this. I need every advantage I can get, last thing I want is for everyone else to find out about neck theory

Nobody cares what you want

Ive been lifting for 8 months or so now and my neck girth has visibly increased. Im also getting laid way more with much less effort than before.
Fucked two girls I met at the library of all places, kek
Never did neck training until recently, but frontsquatted a lot. That + OHP seems to work for me.
I cant recommend anything other than doing direct neck work if you havent seen an increase in your neck. But neck + traps is a game changer, you look like you lift in a suit if your back is good

Rate my split guys

>push
>pull
>legs
>upper
>lower
>neck
>jaw

every week

well of course you "can", but whether you should is the question. Especially with your neck you should be a bit more careful, and rushing things isnt the way to go. See lifting as a lifestyle change, dont be impatient and try to rush anything. You might injure yourself.
Try it every other workout, a few neck curls and see how you respond. Start with low weights and increase slowly. You've lived this long without neck training, no need to go full retard all of a sudden
Also, seriously consider implementing front squats. My favorite lift with ohp. God speed user

Damn I always struggle with this. I didn't work out biceps today because tomorrow is Pull day and I ended up doing cardio and abs only because yesterday was Push day. So I couldn't work any shoulders or triceps even though they weren't really sore.

Am I a pussy ass bitch that wasted a free day?

Fucking same, dude. Literally Corpsegrinder-tier.

>tfw neck doms
Feels good, man.
Started yesterday with just 25 bodyweight reps forward, backward and sideways.

This is my third day doing neck training, just bodyweight, my head hurts a lot, not my neck, a headache.
Is this just a coincidence?
Can't even sleep and don't want to take any pills because I've just rean an article about how they steal your gains.

>lay on floor
>lift head a couple of inches
>slowly turn head side-to-side

This argument is always flawed, because the OP of these threads always diminishes the person's original neck -- of course they're going to look fucking dumb

Headaches can be caused by tons of things.
Could be a tension headache, make sure your jaw/neck are relaxed.

Is it strange that I started with 10lb and immediately did 25lbx100 the next set? Have no idea how people are starting with bodyweight only.

So plate-weighted neck lifts in each direction or what?

Literally the best split out there

Its normal, in beggining i feel that too. Just take more time between sets and workout avoiding extreme pump.
My theory is that the headches are provocated by pump in neck muscle that compress nerves and deep blood vassels, arteries.

This fucking neck pill info is golden, breh.

Fucking normie DYEL gymcels at the gym are spreading false information about how neck training is unncessary and it can cause injuries. Lucky for me, after a few months of neck training, my face and my physique looks less DYEL than the normies that started around the same time as me. My 17 inch thick unflexed neck is good enough for me, since my traps are developed as well. My DYEL friends and around the same height (5 11)who started lifting around the same time as me a year ago are wondering how I look more aesthetic. They neglect their neck and training and only train their arms and chest lol.

plus delt and upper chest and back work makes me look less dyel too

>I don't get why weightlifters are such pussies. Athletes work the same muscles day after day after day.
Because weightlifters are nerds larping as athletes.

>Inb4 le secret club
I seriously hope more people don't find
out about the neck pill.

would making my neck thicker and stronger essentuate the fact that i have nojaw/chin or should i do it anyways?

they literally won't, unless alphadestiny shit leaks into the mainstream which it won't. this is one of the upsides of being an autist that lurks Veeky Forums

Not so, quite a few pictures in the OP link show regular person a priori to neck upgrades, i.e. regular to larger.

Nope, especially if you're an experienced lifter. Lots of people aren't. There's no speed limit to neck gains brah ;)

Mostly just forward curls, then at some point add back neck extensions for muscular balance. The front curls add the most mass to the SCM muscle.

Haha nice, but not enough frequency on neck to really make gains. Better to put 10 mins or so at the beginning or end of all your workouts.
For jaw, I have a similar theory that chewing gum (but many pieces to create resistance) will hypertrophy the facial muscles and improve their appearance. This should probably also be high frequency.

This is a concern of mine too, but I trust that 1) very few people will find this content, 2) people are fucking lazy anyways, and 3) people don't like standing out doing less conventional exercises.
I'm still the only one in my gym that I've ever seen do neck.

youtube.com/watch?v=u_5tcUgOYiI

I think this is the only way to train neck without making it look autistic

I tried this a few years ago when the neck meme started. I bought a neck harness and all.

It gave me sleep apnea. Watch out kids.

Neck training is already known by any athelete that does contact sports. for the majority of dyels and gymcels, they dont know about neck training and thinks its dumb. fucking hell.

>My theory is that the headches are provocated by pump in neck muscle that compress nerves and deep blood vassels, arteries.

please consider not having kids, you are absolutely retarded

>mfw I saw two guys doing body weight neck curls

Thats right, they layed on a bench just fucking nodding. Holy shit, at least grab 5lbs, no resistance won't do shit.

what's it to you what weight someone works out with?

human head is 12 lbs, adding more weight when you aren't warmed up or ready equals injury

learn to mind your own shit

lmao, they could use 2.5lbs for all I care. Your neck is built strong enough to already hold your fucking head up. They didn't warm up like this, that is all they did.

Thats like bench pressing your arms. Its a waste of time, even for an absolute beginner.

19 inch neck here, never trained my neck, and I have abs so it isn't neck fat. When will you necklets learn?

This is fucking retarded but I'm in.

so what are some good neck exercises that won't make the entire gym think you're retarded for doing?

If it looks retarded but works it's not retarded.

>2 months into neck training
>neck has grown from 14 inch to 15 inch wide

Remember to do partials on your neck curls, Veeky Forumsbros.

what are "partials"

>Because weightlifters are nerds larping as athletes
You're right though

Partial movement. Instead of nodding your head till yer chin touhes the middle of your collarbone, you stop nodding your head until it's parrallel with your neck.

enjoy your CTE

Bruhs how to add weight to neck curl? I can already do 25kg/55lbs for like 100 reps and the plates at my gym are to thick to stack. What do??

Is that actually you in pic related? If so post proof!

As for being afraid of many people starting neck training, I wouldnt worry too much about that. How many people in your gym even use barbells, squat, deadlift? Lots of idiots just wasting their time doing nothing but machine workouts, do you think that demographic is suddenly starts doing research and implementing neck routines into their brosplit?

Hows your neck doing? Thats a lot of weight to me, but I guess if your serious about progressive overload at some point you'd need to get a neck harness and bring it to the gym. Now that is next level

As for the ones insecure about it and wondering how you'd respond when someone asks about it, just say you need to strengthen your neck for martial arts. They actually need to have strong necks. Also, neck girth and decreased rates of concussion in American football are positively correlated
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24930131
>Neck strength: a protective factor reducing risk for concussion in high school sports
keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2013/02/21/study-neck-strength-predicts-concussion-risk/
>Neck Strength Predicts Concussion Risk, Study Says. New research shows that stronger necks may lead to safer heads.

so what are you guys' neck program?

I've been doing 4sets x 6reps for my neck curls. Around 25lb resistance. Is higher reps really more ideal?

do you feel it working? Dont get too obsessed over rep ranges or numbers of sets. Progressively overload and the neck muscles will grow. Dont go overboard, dont rush it, see how your body responds and adjust accordingly
Its your body and ultimately, only you can arrive at the answer. What works for me doesnt necessarily work for you in the same way.
sorry I cant give a more satisfying answer

I do partials by starting parallel and going to chin. Don't let my head drop any further back.
?

My neck is definitely stronger. I only started at arround 15lb three months ago. I never take progression pics though. Couldn't actually say if it looks any bigger.

Start taking them. Sounds like youre on the right way, eventually, your muscles WILL grow given that youre eating at a caloric surplus.
But I cannot stress this enough, be patient and take it slow. Treat it like any other lift, consistency is key

Plateaued around 17inches flexed tops. Disappointed because I thought ide get more growth from that.

Most athletes are training endurance or coordination, not adding muscle mass. Recovery time of cardio is basically none.

I've been away for only a few months, why are you clueless normie dyel faggots here

Starting neck

What is the best neck exercise that won't end up crippling me?

It would cause your skin around that area to be more taut, so if you don't have a chin or jaw it'll be worse. But it'd be better than having no neck IMO

If you juiced also how big could your neck feasibly get?

How long would it take to add an inch? I'm at 14.5-15 inches and want a 16inch neck unflexed I feel that would be proportional as I have a smallish head.

>imgur.com/a/Kllwi
>it is not infeasible

jesus you fucking nerds.

>inb4 Veeky Forums gives themselves sleep apnea through neck training

I bought a neck harness and some weights can someone post a routine I can follow using the harness?

Pls boys I want a tree trunk for a neck.

shrugs should be all the average necklet needs

weightless neck curls are a retarded idea.
btw the way boxers and martial artists train their neck thickness (absorbs hits better) is by doing this. neck planks for 1 minute sets will sort you out, plus can be done at home.

i did this for a while but i started having some weird pains in my traps even though i could do this variation, changed for neck curls and my neck gains exploded

I could do the frontal neck bridge too, fully extended just like in the pic

Both are good exercises, i think bridges are better for combat sports because you can overload them better, but neck curls are far superior for size and long term safety

Looks like a pretty chill guy. Like the neighbor who would pass you a beer over your fence, and talk about the hot neighborhood slut he saw at the 7-11

Necking my self 1xF

People cant judge your neck if you shrug until its gone

It'll make it worse. Look at this guy: . He looks like he has down syndrome because his neck is huge but he doesn't have a huge jaw and a huge chin to go with it.

He is fat though, so he has 0 definition

young he didn't look so bad

I wrestled in high school and still have a fucking thick neck. Shirt collars are hard, I didn't ask for this. I have to get fatfuck sized shirts then tailor them.

Is it even possible to have a small neck with big traps?

Non athlete detected. You don't know what you're talking about and have never done serious training in your life.

athletes care more about skills than body composition, so they wreck their bodies to the limit seeking the extra skill gain

powerlifting and bodybuilding are far easier

I think that his idea is that the swollen mass of venules compress the large veins and arteries, maybe.

you forgot jelq

Do you guys seriously have to train neck?

I have a thick enough neck (nearly as thick as my head) without ever having to train it.

I suppose having a desk job and spending a lot of time sitting with proper posture gave me neck gains.

>tfw started doing my neck-curls in a new gym
>the trainers there ask me wtf I'm doing
>explain them neck training
>they just laugh it off and look at me like I'm retarded
>months go by and started training with a neck harness
>still the only person training neck in the gym
>more people ask me what I'm doing
>tfw one day there's a new machine in the gym

>it's a 4-way neck training machine that can hit all sides of your neck and it's actually pretty good
>tfw I made a positive impact in my gym

feelsgoodman.jpg

anyone here jaw pilled too?

I bought some mastic gum, I definitely see the pump.

just be yourselfg bro

Did you faggots edit their faces in some way? There is no fucking way that one or two inches of circumfrence can make that much of a difference to overall looks.

it's like that illusion where you have two circles, one surrounded by large circles and one by small circles. If you have a small neck, your head will look weird in comparison.

Your neck usually isn't holding your head up parallel to the ground

About 2 months of consistent high volume training with progressive overload. Then you can likely reduce frequency to maintain (2-3 times per week I'd think).

Sick bro, similar situation here, hope my gym gets a similar machine soon. But there's no actual athletes at my gym, it's just normies, strippers, and bodybuilders.

Neck OP here. Also getting jawpilled, was gonna make a similar infographic in a few months once I start seeing more results. There's already some solid gains coming in. If you can't get good quality gum, just load up multiple pieces of regular gum. I'm running Wrigley's original 4 pieces x 3 hrs a day.

Combines really well with neck gains and lowering bodyfat. I'm looking more into the theory, but basically the face has a ton of muscles that are likely underdeveloped in joblets that sit in front of computers all day, and aren't public speaking or singing very often. Also if you look at recovering stroke victims, their facial muscles hypertrophy back to normal. So why can't be hypertrophy past normal? ;)

>Wrigley's original
Search "mastiha gum" on ebay my friend, you will get a solid pump after just 2 hours. Make sure to get 100% mastiha gum, not products that contain 2%. It is really cheap and works.

I think you actually want the cheeks to atrophy though for maximal aesthetic gains. This means not doing any facial exercises apart from the jaw ones. Losing bodyfat of course is a given.

Can you link me to these stroke victims?

>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2009/07/whats-that-spindly-thing-holding-up.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/06/why-your-head-is-fucking-tiny-is.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/07/why-your-head-is-fucking-tiny-is.html
>naturalstrength.com/2011/04/key-to-might-muscle-circa-1926-chapter_11.html
>bretcontreras.com/neck-training-101/
Mike Tyson neck bridges
>youtube.com/watch?v=zvQTyHE2c5M
GS EOW Stability Ball 4 Way Neck Series
>youtube.com/watch?v=iWYsPcyH69A
Isometric Resistance Neck Exercise
>youtube.com/watch?v=5TxB_CwzRIE
Lying face side head harness neck resistance
>youtube.com/watch?v=ZUUJOEzBPks

Will look up this magic gum, good tip. Sorry don't have the stroke victim stuff reference handy, I came across it in some Mike Mew lecture.

Yeah I think aside from gum chewing there's not much else I would do. First of all because there's enough damn body parts I want to work on every week, and secondly because gum chewing doesn't take time out of the day. There's more to life than looksmaxing...

>First of all because there's enough damn body parts I want to work on every week, and secondly because gum chewing doesn't take time out of the day. There's more to life than looksmaxing...

I stopped going to the gym
I stopped going to uni
I stopped going outside

I don't even know why I fucking bother, who the fuck is going to even look at me, unless I'm on the fucking news?

Yep, I did a lot of these. My neck is pretty large.

>tfw voted for the /thicc/
Bring it on /swoleleft/

You sound depressed brah. Get some goals that motivate you and start working towards them. And start small of course. Why the sudden slump?

The gym is a great starting point, there's so much you can do to improve yourself and start getting some 'mires which will drastically improve your self-esteem.

> I don't even know why I fucking bother, who the fuck is going to even look at me

Your future gf/wife bro. She's just waiting for you to get your shit together.

It actually wasn't sudden, it crept up on me like a thief.

I actually do have a "gf", who noted that it appeared as if I had lost weight when she saw face after not seeing each other for a while, so you can know with certainty that it's not a placebo. But the relationship deteriorated and I am currently nearing the end of the 7 months that she has been breaking up with me over (been together for 3+ years). It is just a matter of weeks before she finally finishes the job, I'm simply out of options.

My loss of worldy motivation stems from the feeling that I am just furthering my own humiliation, like a person who smiles and carries on after being spat upon.

Even in my anger, I still am a coward.

Maybe you need to hit rock bottom in some sense to snap out of this faggotry. I've been there before. It took getting cucked to really get me back on my feet. Then I was able to channel all the anger into useful pursuits such as bodybuilding, starting another business, etc.

Maybe you've already been cucked. Long distance relationship? Women have unlimited options, if she's ovulating some month you're not there and going out on a "girls' night", then she probably cucked you.

Just imagine yourself being cucked and see if that helps.

Not so much "cucked", but rather lying about me that a friend was really her ex. An ex who grossly mistreated her, never committed to her, and then left her for her friend and cut off contact with her, only to decide that she was worth another go after her friend broke up with him. He still disrespects her and she brushes it off and it makes me mad. Last weekend I made it so that she and I engaged in some rather personal wrestling in front of him to try and counter-cuck him, but I just hate this whole fucking sick game that I have to play.

By the way, she was one of those "not like the other girls"® girls. Now even when a homely girl smiles at me I just know that she will simply be another instrument of my prolonged suffering.

I can't fucking wait to get some morphine off a friend.