>can't cook
>Veeky Forums sticky doesn't teach you how to cook
>can't get Veeky Forums

Why does no one ever talk about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

myfridgefood.com
youtube.com/watch?v=K_iS5O88ISk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is a whole board for this, Veeky Forums.

>Like to cook
>tfw can't learn to cook new shit because I'd rather just make bland dishes that fit my macros
Fugggg

Dude, youtube cooking is retard-proof. Just look for a recipe you want to try, buy the ingredients and do as the video say.

Not being able to cook is one of the lamest excuses you can come up with.

Veeky Forums doesn't have a sticky and if you ask them to teach you how to cook they tell you to fuck off

>not having a thicc 10/10 bitch do all your cooking

phaggot

>Just look for a recipe you want to try

>I don't know the names of any exercises, how they work, correct form for them, what parts of the body they work out etc. because I don't have a background in fitness
>lol just youtube the names of the ones you want to do it's that easy

All you had to do was brine it. But you didn't

Cooking is a basic human function that could be performed by heating your food
Get fire
Put food over fire
Don't burn food but let it cook
Enjoy the cooking

That's actually very easily solved on YouTube as well.

Mexican Style Shredded Chicken

1.5 lbs of chicken breasts (700g)
4 cups water
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic (or garlic powder)
1 tsp onion (or onion powder)
2 tsp chili powder (or 1tsp)
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
2 tsp Olive Oil (10ml, Optional)
3 / 4 cup Pace salsa (Optional)

1. Throw all the ingredients in a big saucepan and boil on high for 10 minutes.

2. Reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid slightly open and simmer for 30-35 minutes

3. Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a bowl,leaving liquid in pan. It will be super tender at this point, so take a fork and slide it down the chicken,stab it, mash it until you have a ton of shredded chicken.

4. Pour 3/4 cup salsa into the chicken and use your hands to coat it.

Foodnetwork and allrecipes are great websites, go to those and similar and just browse recipes until you find one that sounds good. Buy your groceries, try to make it.

it's just a fast food board tho

>I want to eat something with x and y ingredients
>google "recipe x y"
>look through results for something that looks good
>buy ingredients
>cook
and you can do the same for lifting by googling something like "weight lifting beginner" and doing some research, surely you don't need everything spoon fed to you on Veeky Forums

1) determine your nutritional needs
2) check out the various infographics floating around with foods that can reasonably be said to be Veeky Forums approved, such as pic related
3) choose the ones you are most likely to enjoy and which fit your macros
4) look up recipes on google involving some of the aforementioned foods that make sense together
5) attempt to cook it
6) make sure to be relatively precise with measuring ingredients and then write it down, so you always have it in your pocket
7) if good, repeat, if not, try again, experiment, change things around, or get another recipe

eventually you become somewhat proficient at it and can cook routinely for a long term, which is the main thing you're looking for, so you can stick with it for long enough to get what you want

>1) determine your nutritional needs
This needs an explanation by itself

I know how to youtube a fucking recipe, I don't know how to solve the puzzle of creating a perfect diet and meal plan.

Mix oats, whole milk, blueberries, bananas, peanut butter and whey protein in a bowl, put it in your fridge over night, then eat how much you need. No cooking, no excuses.

Literally just watch food network for a week?

>This needs an explanation by itself

read the sticky. there is a section devoted exclusively to this

>I don't know how to solve the puzzle of creating a perfect diet and meal plan.

how does the post you quoted not explain that? you are going to have to experiment
if you need x grams of protein, or y calories, look up a dish that amounts to close to those values, and complement the rest with things that don't need much cooking to be consumed, or with a different dish

meant to reply to

Cumin what?

>google human muscle anatomy
>find muscles you want to improve
>youtube exercises for them
>soooo hard DDDD:

>Being so retarded you can't even google stuff on your own

Just give up OP, you're never gonna make it

how do you internet without google? is this meta trolling? just enter "cooking" into your internets. are you really THAT dull?

>just google x
>hundreds of millions of results
>no way to know which information is actually worth looking at

From your replies I'm assuming you're either:

a) autistic
b) a retard
c) both
d) a NEET whose mom cooks everything for

Just kill yourself, pathetic waste of space

boil water, put in shit. hard. people are cooking for more than hunderds of years - and you cant use the google? ... i like X ... show me recipes with X .. just end it.

>look up a recipe
>literally any recipe
>follow it
congratulations, you know now how to cook edible food

you have not yet come to terms with how much work this whole enterprise you are undertaking is going to require from you.

the good news is, most of the annoying part is concentrated in the beginning, researching, experimenting, learning.

once you gain a reasonable amount of information, it's just rinse and repeat, tweaking as necessary.

you will be fine. just choose a fucking recipe and cook it. start somewhere.

lurk moar

>Search up methods of cooking: learn them.
>Search up methods on spices: Learn them
>Search up basic meals with nutritional info: Learn them
>Buy cook book: You're now prepared to use it.

Honestly, you've over-complicated a simple thing. Cooking can get complex, but putting a chicken breast in the pan and sprinkling some spices on it, is fucking terribly basic.

>just choose a fucking recipe
This is literally 100% the issue I'm complaining about. I don't fucking know anything about food

>21st century
>push a button
>push another button
>cookedfood.jpg

myfridgefood.com

This website let's you click what you have at your house and suggests recipes. I've found some nice shit on here

>Hello I'm OP and I've never eaten anything in my life

you must be joking.

do you know what food is? if somebody presented you with a large chunk of cement, and a banana, would you know which one you one benefit the most from eating? yes? then you know what food is. what have you been eating all your life up until you chose to open this thread?

>what have you been eating all your life up until you chose to open this thread?
Ham and cheese or peanut buttery and jelly sandwiches, ramen chips and soda until I started working at 16, then fast food for every meal.

what do you expect to get out of being able to cook? what is your end goal, beyond staying alive?

I want to stop being overweight, I want to stop feeling like shit all the time, I want to not die, and most importantly I want to save money.

>not learning from Chef John

Not gonna make it mate

>I want to stop being overweight,
if you read the sticky, which i sincerely hope you have, then you know this is mostly about the amount of food you consume vs the amount of energy that you spend on a daily basis, yes? both ends of that equation can be altered to your benefit, the first one by eating less, the second one by doing physical activities and moving more. all of this can be translated into specific numerical values that will tell you how much you have to eat in order to lose weight.

>I want to stop feeling like shit all the time, I want to not die,
this will require changes to your life style and mental attitude. you will introduce them into your life slowly and carefully, so that they are manageable and not too shocking, so you can keep them going for a long time.

don't get obsessed. just choose a recipe. at least one has been posted in this thread, and i can post a couple more if you want. buy the ingredients and try to cook it. they are simple instructions and require little equipment or technical knowledge. anybody can do them. just start there.

>and most importantly I want to save money.

luckily for you, most of us aren't swimming in money either, which means we have mostly the same priorities as you. cooking your own food will almost inevitably save you money, and nobody is telling you to buy anything fancy. ground turkey and chicken breast are relatively cheap. milk is cheap. eggs are cheap. potatoes are cheap. this is for the most part not a major issue unless you are extremely poor, and if you've been eating like you described, you can probably afford it.
going to the grocery store for the first time might seem expensive, but keep in mind that what you get will last you longer and add more to your life and to your body than what you normally buy.

don't overthink this.

>that inforgraphic
lel enjoy you estrogen

Watch gordan ramsays cooking on youtube

this guy knows what the fuck is up.

youtube.com/watch?v=K_iS5O88ISk

>that background music from redlettermedia