/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

We're All Going To Make It Edition

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --

Top 100 Robinhood stocks:
i.imgur.com/IvGznaV.jpg

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

Yes, yes we are user.

drys

I have $8 to throw away. Invest in LODE?

my nigga georgie putting in work

Yes. Tomorrow is the day. Worth 8 bucks just for entertainment.

Got one for Fitbit?

It's 12.03 now, going to 12.20 before dipping doesn't seem worthwhile to tie money into. What am I missing?

absolutely not

it's getting reverse split soon. no survivors

r/s doesn't mean free money you tard. it goes up because shares are combined

there will be a huge selloff from actual investors holding the stock tomorrow. the greek stocks were different because they're run by sketchy pump and dumpers

I'm waiting for earnings in ALB, the Lithium stock, today after market close.

I bought a position in cmg (chipotle) two weeks ago. Up fractionally.

Buy low, sell high, predictably?

god damn those cookies look good as fuck

Guys, ill echo what the recent AMRS guy has been saying.
AMRS is going to corner a projected 40 billion dollar market.
millions have been spent on shorting AMRS betting on its failure, but the last year they have turned everything around and will thrive instead of go bankrupt.
in other words, shorts are fucked and this can sky sooner than later.

Yesterday the ER was delayed a week due to a brand new partnership.

the AMRS guy before said buy as much as you can and hold at least a few years, he's in 22k, im in 13k now myself.

Yeah they were pretty good.

I didn't say it would be free money. Where did you even get that from? I said if you want to play with 8 bucks, tomorrow would be the day.

oh and SPI was sketchy as fuck and it turned out well.

Do you have a good method of figuring out when to sell doing those little swings? Like when it hits 12.20 do you have a limit order in place?

Still need a Pandora wojak.

Everything is doing shitty today, except for your digits.

PLNT and MBIA are rocking it today.

hwkns. they make chemicals buy some shares.

I was just trying to make them feel better. I made a bunch on the SPI meme today. Debating whether or not to buy back some now at a low but it might just keep sinking back down....

Whenever I actually make money on a meme I have a rule to not even look at it for a few weeks after I sell so I don't do something retarded like buy back in just based on hype.

Just for you /rgt/

I'll take that advice. PLNT makes me wonder what to buy after the new year to benefit from "New Years Resolutions"

Kek'd saved

jej

I dunno but I shorted the shit out of both MBIA and PLNT today, there seems to be a trend lately of stocks shooting up the day after earnings just to drop like a rock the next day (see WTW today, MTW a couple of days ago, GE a couple of weeks ago).

Ayyy, you're MTWbro? I made 10% on that, just sold it.

I've been having the opposite though for most stuff. SHOP and BABA fucked me pretty good during earnings, despite good performance.

What's the thoughts on square?

Yeah, I picked up MTW about a month ago and mentioned it here a couple of times, sold when it spiked to $10 a few days before earnings. I'm glad you made some good gains off it too even holding it through earnings. I didn't play SHOP but got in on BABA before earnings at an average price of $183.65 so I'm still profitable with it as of now. This earnings season has been all over the place. I'm just hoping that big fish are cashing out of MBIA and PLNT right now selling into the hands of retail investors who are just buying on news and that it'll all come crashing down tomorrow.

lode seems like a good dip

Lmao

Who got me beat so far?

Why do you think earnings have been so weird? Is it a time of year thing? I'm new to stocks. It seems their value is as determined by feelings as it is performance.

Why those commissions pal

A lot of trades and options fees are real expensive

>TOPS
at 1.10 now? Should I buy the Dip?

Nice.

>the dip
user that shit was like 40 cents a week ago

This guy who has an unrealized loss of 15k from buying Pandora.

I cut my losses. looking at the history my interpretation is that it pumps. dies and keeps dying until R/S

I thought he went all in on dcix on monday though and recovered all of it?

Shheeit!!!!! I have day trades available.

You get the award for most cucked by your broker.

When I log in there used to be a brokers name and phone number for direct contact on my dashboard. They removed it from mine atleast. I don't know if it's because they want nothing to do with a meme trader or what? There's another user here using etrade for the margin trades. His fee's have to be up there with mine.

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens with LTBR next week

HELP!!!!

Should I hold TOPS til tomorrow or waste a day trade. I am scared, I thought 1.05 was the bottom and 1.07 is my avg.

kek

Stock is a joke. It's has no actual catalyze outside if ings. They had patent approval twice and it didn't move.

All aboard the TRXC moon mission tomorrow, not a meme!

pretty gud

I’ve liked it for the tight ranges its kept for a while. I made a killing on the last two patent announcements, but it might be destined for a reverse split unless they actually get going with their tech

ALL IN ON THIS ONE

Someone yesterday said XXII earnings was today but I haven't seen it in my app? Anyone know?

ITS GONNA RECOVER RIGHT? R-RIGHT MOM??

Not with a decent brokerage they aren't. What does your broker charge you to buy/sell/write/exercise options? What does your broker charge you to buy/sell 100 shares? You're delusional if you think you aren't getting fucked.

That's me, I think I'm over $500 in commissions since September, I should've just kept my Interactive Brokers account and learned to live with their shitty phone app and I would've been under $100 in fees and commissions for the same trades. Oh well.

If I hire someone to do my taxes at the end of the year, how do I get the information out of Robinhood? Looks like they have some export feature for Turbotax, but is there just a document I give to my taxman?

Nothing announced but estimated to be nov 14.

Show me on the doll where they touched you user. Seriously though, what fucked you this week?

Thanks senpai. Where do you get this info?

All abord the TRXC! Choo choo mother fuckers!

Why not trade meme stocks on Robinhood and then just use that overpriced shit for buying stuff you can't on RH?

There will be a document to submit as well as a ledger of all your buys/sells that the taxman will need.

>tfw your disneyland short is actually working out

What did u buy

Does he have to manually enter all those? Or does it just give a breakdown that is used?

all of my stock trades are 4.95. I have unlimited day trades because im classified as day trader. After hours/pre market trades are 6.95. 1000 shares or more is 9.95 AH/PM. options are scaled 1=5.95 10=$59 1000=$595

Because I don't have enough play money to split it up into 2 accounts that both have over $25k in them.

how many day trades do you get?

Are we getting memed on?

Do your research, this is the only other robotically assisted surgical interface on the market in 17 years

Every trade has to be entered somehow, along with the dates they were made to determine profits and whether or not that trade would be considered long term or short term gains. Whether or not your taxman can just import a file directly into his software or has to enter all the info manually (don't worry, he'll be paying some intern near minimum wage to do your return anyways) depends on his software and what format Robinhood uses to export tax info.

Nasdaq.com/earnings/report/xxii

If you enable a margin account you get 3 day trades per 5 business days.

That is SEC law, though. You can avoid that by disabling the margin account (funds will take longer to settle) or by having more than $25,000 in your margin account

I hope. I'm down like 2500 on it. If it goes up enough for me to make money, I'm not touching it again.

But it won't because the company can't sell shit

Wait you're telling me you're bagholding this shit already?? I fucking hate getting meme'd on!

You really need to consider interactive brokers. You are getting fucked badly for no good reason. Also, your broker is probably selling your orders to the HFTs so you're getting fucked there too. It's your money. Do as you will.

It takes 3-6 quarters for hospitals to purchase it after the initial lease for training and then trials and they just got fda clearance a month ago. Itll be a while before we hear of sales to American hospitals, but the moon will be due to foreign buyers awaiting FDA clearance, and leases to American hospitals.

It was up to 6 dollars a couple weeks ago after fda. I bought a lot in the 4 dollar range. I'd love to buy more at this lower stage, but I don't believe in it.

What changed for you between a couple weeks ago and now?

That's why you should always wait for it to go down, right after companies go through FDA clearance.

It did. Then it kept making a new day low.

What was your entry into Netflix? I'm mad I missed $100 to $150, but I didn't miss $150 to $200.

I got 6 shares haha thanks

If it goes up 400% in one day, it always goes back down to the initial launchpad.

NAK making a comeback

HELP!!!! 0.83 WTF REEEEEEEEEEEE

It's a penny stock, what did you expect?

Im taking my ball and going home for a few days

M-maybe my portfolio will be better if I leave it alone for a while

user, just sell it if you can't take the pressure. Either wait for it to pump again or sell. Holding isn't the only choice.

I sold mine at 1.09. after buying at 2.38 today. eat the loss on taxes and put it into something long term hold for a year and sell for cap gains rate.

im new to stocks and robinhood in general

what is the most easy and garunteed way to make money on this thing with an investment of about 1000 dollars?

buy high sell low

>Find promising meme stock
>go all in
>???
>profit

user i have a promising stock for you. let me tell you....

yeah i can just find some cheap stock and buy a ton of it and if it goes up even a little i maek lots of monni