Historic trends you're glad are gone

I'm glad Japanese girls don't paint thier teeth black anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

puresmiles.co.uk/uncategorized/4224/
youtube.com/watch?v=PrpUSKE9p_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Turkish barbarians emerging from Central Asia and ruining everyone's shit every couple of centuries.

Arabs expanding into an area and utterly annihilating the local culture

>The Eternal Altaic Destroys Rome and causes the Dark Ages(The Huns)
>The Eternal Altaic destroyed China Several Times(Manchu/Jurchen, Mongols, Japan)
>The Eternal Altaic destroyed Persia Several Times(Seljuks, Azeri Qajar, Timur, Mongols)
>The Eternal Altaic destroyed Northern Hindu India Several Times(Sultanate of Dehli, Mughals)
>The Eternal Altaic Destroyed The Middle East Several Times (Seljuks, Mongols, Mamluks, Ottomans)
>The Eternal Altaic destroyed Eastern Europe Several times (Mongols, Bulgars, Seljuks, Ottomans,)
>The Eternal Altaic destroyed Byzantium Several times (Seljuks, Ottomans,)

What do we do about the Eternal Steppe-Nigger?

It's still happening

Bait right?

Arabs are doing in London what they did in Cairo

18-19th century corset culture
How the fuck didn't women just fall break their fucking spine?

Oh man this makes me proud.

>>Being proud of destroying civilizations.
When the roaches are finally genocided, no one will pity you and everyone will laugh.

If your civilisations are so great, why are they so easy to destroy?

>Prevented tooth decay
Probably the real reason desu. I don't know how much rice grinds your teeth away compared to wheat but it's still carbs so the sugars will fuck your shit up in the long run.

Foot binding.

Faggot marriage and gender fabrication....oh wait these are not gone, yet. Still lots of works need o be done.

Just like a plague of rats eating a majestic horse

18th-century corsets/stays were not about constricting the waist. They provided much needed structure for heavy court gowns and helped distribute the weight of heavy court gowns so women didn't fuck up their backs and shoulders. Their intended aesthetic visual effect was to create a cone shape rather than a micro-waist hourglass. The boned stays were only wore with formal court gowns. Partially boned and boneless stays, which were more or less structured bodices, were worn for everyday aristocratic clothing and by everyday people.

Corsets did not reach the tightlacing aesthetic in your photo until the end of the 19th century (with outliers like Elisabeth of Austria who used extreme dieting and tightlacing as a means to cope with her personal life) and were not the norm for most women.

Good thread bump

This is making a comeback with instagram workout thots. I had a gf that did it and I thought it was just some meme trend, but it actually fucking works.

>thots
>my girlfriend
>>>/twitter/

Gunpowder.

give me ONE(1) word that better describes them better than thots

>Indicates a girl has come of age
No wonder lolis are a thing...

Jesus Christ that looks horrifying..

Footbinding in China. That shit was horrific.

Japs still have shit teeth

You'd get pretty bored too when you're in the steppes and your horses asshole is worn out.

The pic on the right is the most sever case of violin hips I've ever seen.. Poor thing.

if it helps, those illustrations were created through guesstimates by physicians who looked at the outer body of women who tightlaced and assumed what happened inside.

It's funny because that's a fashion trend too.

>This is real and isn't photshopped
How tf is that even possible. Must be immeasurably painful.

Still better than the British.

Keep letting Ivan rape them

Lol various empires btfo
STEPPED

They better steppe up their game next time.

It was and you could get bone infections doing it and die

so was this like somekind of a lacquer or something - adding an extra protective layer of something might help?

The Vietnamese have similar customs too. Honestly, East Asian cultures have a lot of similarities. Of course, I respect many aspects of their cultures and such.

snaggle tooth is a jap style, though

This was done because the rich had a lot of sugar diets and their teeth rotten. 3/4 of our fashion trends are just copying whatever the rich do. There was briefly a similar trend in Britain as well.

Good start would be not being a weak faggot.

Tumblr landwhale science isn't science

>19th century male physicians
>Tumblr landwhales

Sigh

>If I strangulate my body artificially my internal organs will not move around at all and will magically not be effected by the easily observable geometric change

That famine was just this thing that could come along and wipe out huge swathes of civilization, no matter how advanced they were, because of a simple bad harvest. Nowadays you have to be a real shithole for it to happen.

best teeth in the world now you soppy twats

puresmiles.co.uk/uncategorized/4224/

Anti corset propaganda! My body my choice!

youtube.com/watch?v=PrpUSKE9p_M

>the good old boys have arrived
Awww SHIT

>not wanting every inch of your woman's natural pigment obscured with fine paint
Black teeth were brilliant. I'm surprised they didn't invent colored contact lenses and hair dye.