Answering prvious quality post that 404'd

Answering prvious quality post that 404'd.

Notice how all civilization started in green/dark green areas. All population density is concentrated there too (excluding India). Any good books for somebody who unironically believes in ecological determinism?

To answer your question:
>best case scenario: expansion of population density into russia, scandinavia (from europe), siberia (from china/japan), canada (from united states, mexico). Sea water filtration saves dry develop nations (Australia, California, maybe Mexico). Middle east and arid africa is totally fucked. Mystery what will happen to wet warm areas (India, Uganda, Brazil, Indonesia). Prob no mass deaths, but hell hole to live.
>worst case: water wars everywhere, breakdown of civ., huge population collapse everywhere

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_savanna_climate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>green dark=civilization beginning
Nigga you dumb?

xia dynasty, greeks and romans?
If you want to be a dick about it, even mesopotamia is green.

Mesopotamia is mainly orange on that map. Indus valley isn't green. Yellow river is brown. Egypt is brown. All America's cultural craddles of civ are red.

Is there a solution for Africa to still create wealth with this environment? What renewable could they sell to the rest of the world? Is Africa finished?

fair enough I concede the starting civ. point entirely. The only exception for the population density are India and central america though

Is life in an Aw environment easy?

Green comprises the best areas for large-scale modern farming, with temperate climate and suitable soil, which explains why Europeans used their technological advantage to displace natives and settle in those areas.

But there is no correlation with the areas where agriculture first appeared. Neither Peru, nor Egypt, Mesopotamia or Papua New Guinea are green. Seems you need a little bit of harsh life to force humans to be inventive

Really only India is the exception when looking at the historical maps though

Thats a map of what the climates going to be like in a hundred years not what it is now.

Yeah, OP is pretty retarded. He posted the 2100 prediction map without specifying what it is, here is the current world map of climate zones.

Also, the thread didn't 404, it got moved to /pol/

You can read the wikipedia article to find out.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_savanna_climate
Personally looks way too hot for my tastes.

It's because it's simpler to grow things in green areas.

>in a hundred years the american south with extend as far north as newfoundland

>central America between 1500 and 1600

Africa will be a giant hub with solar panels and thermal technology, where everybody get his energy

The deadliest epidemic in Human history by percentage of population affected. (More than 90% died)

nope the easiest climate to grow crops in is Dfa

Soil quality is the most important factor.

Both Dfa and the entire range of Cf and Cs (green colors) are excellent for farming.

>china, indo-china and japan have surprisingly bad soil quality
Does this chart account for rice cultivation?

I NEED A BOOK WHERE PEOPLE AUTISTICALLY COMPARE HISTORICAL CIVILIZATIONS AND THE QUALITY AND MAKEUP OF THEIR RESPECTIVE ECOLOGY, CLIMATE AND SOIL.
PRETTY PICTURES WOULD BE A PLUS
SPOONFEED ME.
>no guns, germs and steel pls

>in a hundred years europe will have its first eastern deserts in bulgaria and serbia

I think thats steppe not desert

probably not

I mean, if you covered the entire Sahara with solar panels, it would make more than enough power for the entire globe..

The Indus and the Ganges are 2 huge rivers that provide massive amounts of food and water to the locals of Northern India, is it any wonder it's so densely populated? All models of civilizational programs say that India should be the center of global power and not Europe. The fact this didn't happen seems to be an anomaly.

FML, I hope I'll be living in Norway by then, it's already too humid here in Connecticut.

The Steppe seems like such a comfy place to live desu.. I hope I can travel across the great Eurasian Steppe someday.

I agree.
Patagonia is comfy af desu.

>I hope I can travel across the great Eurasian Steppe someday.
No because they'll still be full of cities and people. They might be growing goats and horses rather than pigs and wheat but you won't see much steppe for all the farms and development imo.

But have you seen some of the cities? Astana for example looks GORGEOUS. They model the glass skyscrapers after tents and yurts which is really aesthetic against the wide flat plains that surround the city.

Not to mention all the fossils out there.. Those paleontologists must have the comfiest time out there..

wtf i want global warming now

Calm down Ivan.

Astana a shit, Neo-Hyper-Frisia is the GOAT future european city.

The only problme with global warming is the massive disruption and death it will cause. The world after the warming will actually be more habitable, yes we lose some farmlands and such, but the whole of northern Canada, Alaska, Siberia, not to mention Antarctica will all be open to settlement and agriculture. People in the far future will see it as a good thing.

>Not even thinking about how epic Doggerland would be once it's reclaimed from the sea

>Patagonia has polar tundra
>OP pic with 2100 barely has polar tundra and is warm fully humid summer time

I went in December, locals told me 10 years ago they used to have snow and now it was windy but rather warm, still had to wear a jacket but it wasn't chilly, (although locals were in t shirts) the glaciers are small and getting smaller, tour guide told us the glaciers are decreasing in the Chilean side and then rise a bit in the Argentinian side, and viceversa, but eventually both sides will melt and no more glaciers in Patagonia. This map graphics it well.

Total shame.

India has been pretty isolated throughout history from the Himalayas on one side and the Hindu Kush on the other.

They've also always had enough resources that going out to foreign lands was inferior to just annexing the next kingdom over, much like China in a way.

Whereas Europe had resources as well but they also benefited immensely from being so close to the Near/Middle East throughout history. And civilization grows through contact and trade.

India has been pretty isolated throughout history from the Himalayas on one side and the Hindu Kush on the other.

They've also always had enough resources that going out to foreign lands was inferior to just annexing the next kingdom over, much like China in a sense.

Whereas Europe had resources as well but they also benefited immensely from being so close to the Near/Middle East throughout history. And obviously civilization grows through contact and trade.

user, global climate change with RAISE sea levels, not lower them. Doggerland is gone, it's time to accept that and move on.

The fuck are you talking about? India has been firmly integrated into global systems for thousands of years, its EUROPE that has been isolated historically thanks to the rise of Islam.

>Not wanting to dig up and deposit billions of tons of rock and soil into the North Sea
NEVER! DOGGERLAND WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART!!!

>India has been firmly integrated into global systems for thousands of years
I'm talking about large scale contact which allows culture to flourish like with the Indo-Greek kingdoms.
>its EUROPE that has been isolated historically
Nowhere close. For example, gunpowder reached India centuries after it was already being used in the Middle East and Europe.

>I'm talking about large scale contact which allows culture to flourish like with the Indo-Greek kingdoms.
What? read a book, India has had continuous large scale constant with all its neighbours for thousands of years.
>gunpowder
Gunpowder was a state secret like Greek fire, remind me again how many of the Eastern Roman's neighbours learned that little secret from them again?

>India has had continuous large scale constant with all its neighbours for thousands of years.
Not enough to affect the culture.
>how many of the Eastern Roman's neighbours learned that little secret from them again?
They're an exception. Gunpowder was used from the 14th century in Europe and even earlier in Central Asia/Middle East.