Stop staying in bed

Stop staying in bed

stop being a cuck and shit parent who raised a fucking psychopath

Tbh, Commodus was just a plain old crazy psycho, plenty of them come from loving families, it's just a medical condition.

Was he though?
What would you have done with absolute power at the age of 19? Especially after your father by necessity wasn't around much.

God dammit dad now i gotta do my essay.

I always had the idea of being a just and honorable King, a hero in war and a champion of the plebs ever since I was a child.

It's pretty naive and I would probably get stabbed by the Preatorian guard.

Whatever i end up (not) doing is what my nature most essentially reasonates with as being my place in this universe in this moment in time.
Perhaps i was indeed born to feel 'nice' rn..

>to be human is to be a wage slave, you secretly want to be a wage slave, so why aren't you happy everyday to be a wage slave?

The idea is to work is to live, working in a job in the city gives you money for food and other necessities, living in some cottage as a farmer you wake up to grow food to sell/have something to eat, to wake up is to do some form of service.
Neeting is unhealthy and typically just awful and depressing.

>The idea is to work is to live
t. Marx
not today, commie

No, to be human is to use your talents and faculties to their fullest - if you are good at playing an instrument, you should be a musician, but if you have other talents, develop them instead, but do something with your time.
The idea is that you cannot neglect your talents and abilities for sake of comfort, otherwise you are an incomplete human being and thus causing yourself harm by being at odds with your own nature.

>Working to afford to have basic living standards is commie.
>Doing absolutely nothing with life except leeching money and complaining and talking shit about working people who're trying to get their lives sorted, afford a house or child or anything by working hard is bad/commie.

I've been with neets for months and they're mostly people who are in an endless pit of depression, angst and hate for everyone and themselves, refusing to even go to uni or college or even work part time, always leeching off their parents.
Im literally just saying stop being lazy and do something with your life, lazing is fun from time to time but being a literal neet is fucking aweful.

i am quite sure that caracalla had that exact same ideal as he was growing up and look what happened there. i think that many of the emperors had positive ideals that just got warped.

the problem that i see with this is this: what about the guy who's talent is in making shoes, who hates making shoes with every fibre of his being, who wishes he could be a geometrician and completely lacks the nature? what about people that are just generally mediocre?

the other problem is that some jobs are just obviously way more interesting and fulfilling than others.

This whole argument is backed by the idea that nature isn't just a spook so LMAO

Easy for a fucking Emperor to say that.

>miser
kek thats a good one, what are some other good historical names for jews, I want to sound smart when I fuck with semites

>read meditations
>just an old guy trying to get over his fear of death
When did you realize that people are brainlets that only praise classical works because they are classical? Just because something survived millennia doesn't make it good.

I'm gonna be completely honest, if I was given control of somewhere, I would literally become the Mad Hatter and that place would be my Wonderland. I'd wear the 10/6 hat, I would randomly shout CHANGE PLACES while everyone is drinking tea at the table, we'd celebrate unbirthdays, and prime minister would be a literal rabbit that I had a little coat made for. Then I'd even new ways of madness. We'd have regular orgies where everyone is required to wear a silly hat. 2+2 would equal 5 and 2+3 would equal 6, but 2+1 would obviously equal 3 because to have it be otherwise makes no sense. The color purple and even mentioning the word purple will be forbidden except when including polka dots.

It will be the first civilization founded on the absurd. Who will join me?

Commodus and Nero both did not want to be emporer

Commodus even openly said that he doesn't know what to do and is gonna be a shit emporer

Wasn't really their fault

When did you realize contrarians are just trying to compensate for their fragile egos by downplaying the accomplishments of everyone and everything?

A man on campaign seemingly all the time? I bet a dollar his life was far harder than yours.

Logos, bitch

Soy as fuck

I'd probably have a bunch of attractive young women as concubines and basically spend all the time I wasn't fucking them just calling other people faggots.

Not only that, he was ill much of his life and died at 59.

Have you not seen the fucking gladiator retard

The Meditations is the most overrated piece of philosophy of all time. It's a basic collection, non-specific, shallow lifestyle advice and motivational speech.

It's like reading an ancient Jordan Peterson.

Except Marcus at least did something useful, Pererson is just a parasite

It's a diary desu, it's not made for you. What's interresting about it is understending how did Marcus saw life and maybe grab some pieces of wisdom.

>It's like reading an ancient Jordan Peterson.
take that back

>piece of philosophy of all time
It's a diary and collection of personal thoughts, not a doctrine, you dolt.

Cute

>t. Dio
A lot of recent scholarship has shown that Commodus was acting very much in line with his father's wishes, and the trajectory of the Antonines at large. The Senate naturally hated him because he - a healthy, natural born, publicly and militarily endorsed prince - represented their final end. That the Dominate would become the standard model of government later on is telling. Commodus was a Dominus before his time.

He was a fucking stooge who larped as hercules instead of ruling properly you utter mong

kek it's like he's replying to stupid greentext posts

>larped as hercules
Way to display your ignorance, retard. Plenty of Emperors and Hellenistic kings dressed as Hercules. Private and public images of Commodus as Hercules could be found throughout the empire in a short time after his accession; it was a popular motif.
>stooge
I doubt you even know what that word means.

Being and Emperor was both incredibly arduous and incredibly dangerous.

you're not going to end up being a wage slave if you actually study and work hard enough to land a good job. That's part of the point

Except if slavery was in your nature, you would genuinely enjoy wage slavery. There are plenty of normies who enjoy wage slavery because of this.
Marcus: 1
user: 0

>Dairy
You mean like, a fucking cheese? LMAO

>I've been with neets for months
>months

fucking normalfags

I know this isn't true for everyone but I actually like my job, so its not real wage slavery.

it's been a year now since i've met them so i guess not really just months. They're all studying or working now and getting gf's/happier now so i guess that's nice.

I read things like this that inspire but then I see a reply that debunks it and feel hopeless again

Read the replies refuting those initial replies.

>tfw I have a 500-word paper tomorrow but I stayed in bed and read M.A. and fell asleep.

Clean your cubiculum