Question to Christians/Muslims

If God exists and everyone who doesn't believe in Him or follows the wrong religion will go to hell, that means that allowing religious freedom is evil and we should form a theocracy.

If I believed for sure that hell is real and every infidel will end up there and suffer horribly for eternity, then there would be nothing more importent than saving people from this fate. Naturally I would expect the government to get involved. We task the government with things like disease control to save people from getting sick, or disaster relief to save them from injury and possible death. Now, if hell is real, then that's an infinite times more serious issue.

So in this case I would want the government to ban the teachings of other religions or atheism, mandating church attendence in schools, doing everything to keep peope following the right religion - in short, to create a theocracy. You might like freedom of speech and civil rights but it objectively not worth it over saving people from literal eternal suffering.

What excuse believers have for NOT trying to create a theocracy?

Free will and the concept that you have to come to god willingly. In most (all?) Christian denominations things like conversion by force aren't legitimate in gods eyes.

>If God exists and everyone who doesn't believe in Him or follows the wrong religion will go to hell
that’s not Roman Catholic Dogma, so already you exclude a billion Christians with your uninformed statement.

who cares about what fake christians believe?

>who cares about what fake christians believe?

Eventually they realized that attempting to do so just results in endless warfare between people who want different flavours of theocracy

What is it then? AFAIK you have to accept Jesus as the saviour and also be a decent person to get into heaven.

>free will
Christians only believe God doesn't want to take away free will from people. The Bible doesn't say that other people can't do it.

>you have to come to god willingly
Most people would. You are right in that forcing people to claim they have converted at gunpoint wouldn't count. But if the next generation grew up in a theocratic state, most of them would genuinely convert and die as Christians. Or at least more people would then now.

Most Christians in the past (i.e. peasants 300 years ago) grew up in fully Christian communities and were never exposed to other ideas. Does this mean their free will was violated?

Let me ask you this: if the US went theocratic and converted a portion of the population by whatever means, would that cause fewer people going to hell?

If it would, then it would objectively be a good thing.

>Dude if God is real then you have to form a theocracy or else you're going to hell
Fundamentalist autism desu , every single Catholic priest I've ever known has never been this "muh fire and brimstone , REPENT REPENT REPENT" meme that athiests seem to think they are.

At least in Catholicism like 90% of people end up going to purgatory then on to heaven. Even non-believers

>Would less people go to hell if we just forced everyone to convert
I guess you aren't familiar with the phrase "the road to hell is paved with the bones of priests and monks"

>Christians only believe God doesn't want to take away free will from people. The Bible doesn't say that other people can't do it.

No, we don't and it absolutely does.

>The Bible doesn't say that other people can't do it.
Other people CAN'T do it, it's literally not possible. You can force them to insincerely pray and bow and go to church, but you can't take away their free will.

>salvation can only be reached through the catholic church
How is op wrong?

Following God is a choice not made by authority, but by yourself

religious freedom means that you cannot be accused of heresy. So yes, it should be allowed.

/thread bait

We're not going to form a theocracy.

We're joining an eventual theocracy, a benevolent dictator, if you will, as Jesus will rule over the entire world from the throne of David in Jerusalem.

>>salvation can only be reached through the catholic church

All cults believe that; it's how they get and keep slaves inside of their cult.

>and also be a decent person
There is no and

>that’s not Roman Catholic Dogma

Nothing of God involves RCC lies.

And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it. So judge between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations away from what has come to you of the truth. To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ.

>If

allah is the devil

al-hamdulilah