Now that the dust has settled, what did it get wrong? what did it get right?

now that the dust has settled, what did it get wrong? what did it get right?

he dust will never, ever be settled so long as there are two people keeping records of what's happened in the world

Need more pole arms, and just crossbows in general.

And of course people of colour who were well known for journeying the entire way from China to Sasau.

aren't these wars falling under the catholic ban on crossbows in internal conflicts? there are polearms applenty, you just can't equip em.
I assume the latter half of your post is a joke.

>Wrong
NO. PEOPLE. OF. COLOR.
seriously. an image of a Black woman from Early Modern France should prove without doubt that medieval Czechia had people of color. Also Moors.
>right
nothing

a-user I'm trying to get a real thread going here

There are certainly some issues.
>Slow, SLOW wait/ sleep/ fast travel dial
>Runt boss difficulty
>Save and quit
>Basic quality of life adjustments
Really though the game came out far better than it ought to have been, coming from a developer who youve never heard of. The save system is great imo, cause it forces you to make decisions based on consequences you cant save scum out of. Its pretty well researched, and the feel is really bumped up b/c of some more sly character references (like Jan Hus).
Overall I think it got too much flak for minor issues.

I'm talking historically, user.
I agree with you though. For the budget and ambition, I'm kinda amazed at what they did get away with.

Armor is sometimes proportioned more like reenactment armor than historical examples, plus other small errors like bascinets always having visor hinges
Some carts have solid wheels which was practically unheard of in this period outside of Scandinavia
Some of the regular clothing in the game is very outdated and some is slightly too modern
I haven't played through much of the game yet but people seem to have a pretty relaxed attitude to poaching, which is weird because this is the period where people were really first starting to sperg out about it

Otherwise pretty gr8, I r8 it an 8

The crossbow ban was much earlier.
Even so plenty of armies used crossbows. Just look at Italy, they were used all the time.

>references to witcher 3
>shitty game play
>shit story
>claims to be "accurate historical representation medieval Bohemia
>full of historical inaccuracies

>The save system is great imo, cause it forces you to make decisions based on consequences you cant save scum out of.
or just completely fucks you up when you get stuck in fast travel and you have to play 2 hours of gameplay again

>developer who youve never heard of
These guys made Mafia and Hidden & Dangerous, just under a different name. But it's the same team.

Poaching is actually pretty heavily frowned upon in game; poached meat is considered stolen, and if you find poachers you can usually take the option of killing them without consequence, reporting them, etc.

This. You can really tell them looked at reenactors and HMB people for inspiration rather than actual medieval armour and clothing.

no just the lead dev and a few of his clique. Would be quite an exaggeration to say it's the same team

>full of historical inaccuracies
these are the ones we're talking about. specify

Ive been through 23 hours and Ive never run into a crash, glitch, etc that has caused me to lose progress. Not saying it doesnt happen, but Its infrequent in my experience.

>I haven't played through much of the game yet but people seem to have a pretty relaxed attitude to poaching, which is weird because this is the period where people were really first starting to sperg out about it
one of the first lines in the game is your mother warning you about poaching if you tell her you've been practicing archery. There are game masters that will stop you and ask to look through your inventory if you wander the forest, and several quests relating to it that will reference the illegality of it.

Lead programmer is the lead programmer from Mafia which is no wonder seeing the AI is just as stupid.

Fair enough, it's good to be mistaken sometimes